Week 4: Sunny & Elizabeth

Week 5: Yvonne & Melissa

Week 6: Angie and Danny

Week 7: Rod and Latecia
Quote Reply
Re: Amazing Race picking game [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some fun thoughts.. If Juan & Shane go home -- NormM wins
Assuming next week we all pick Rick & Cesar if they go home CaptCanada would get the win
Otherwise its looking like a tie between Ironclm and I (unless Amber&Vinny or Yvonne & Melissa go home this week)

I have noticed in a few of these pools lately this is happening. Need to think of a way to incentive taking some more risk early. I think with survivor and more options its less likely to happen.

Intresting 3 of our first week pics ended up gone already, then 2 of week 4 pics and norms week 2 pick is the only other one.

I guess a tie breaker could be avg week your picks went home (lowest wins -- so I have a 3 and 5 (avg4) CLM week 5&6 so avg 5.5.) but not sure this would be enough incentive to get folks to take more chances early.

A get back in card, if your pick leaves the week (or 2) after you picked them? well if we did 2 I would have 2 cars picked twins for week 1 went home 3, and the cousins I picked in week 4 and they went home the next week (just realized that was a perfect pick)

I dont know just random thoughts as I type this.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Amazing Race picking game [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Week one: Sean and Michelle Clark
Week two: Amber Craven and Vinny Cagungun
Week Three: Rod and Latecia
Week Four: Sunny and Elizabeth
Week Five: Angie and Danny
Week Six: Yvonne and Melissa
Week Seven: Ricky and Caesar
Week Eight: Juan and Shane

My last pick. Doesn't look good

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Amazing Race picking game [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that was interesting.. but in the end, the FF went home as expected. But now is the interesting pick. Assume Norm Takes Ricky &Cesar
its down to what do Ironclm and I do, and who goes home next.

Will Juan & Shane pull themselves out of last place?

Was surprised they did not have Mom do the Welding as it was not a physical challenge.

Did anyone stick around to watch the previews.. So the camera crew misses the turn.. and I assume the team is going to have to wait for them to catch back up, what if the crew doesn't realize they are not following, hopefully some form of communication between the cars.

Juan and shane dropping to last has added a nice twist to our game, and possibly gave Norm a shot at the win. if the rest of us go with Juan & Shane.

Ricky & Cesar have been either 1 or 2 every round. Everyone else has had a 5th or lower finish. From Wiki

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Amazing Race picking game [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no choice, last pick. It's between you and ironclm for a win or tie. After the last episode if I where Vinny I would drop Amber like a a bad habit. 😅
Last edited by: NormM: Apr 25, 24 16:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NormM wrote:
It's between you and ironclm for a win or tie. After the last episode if I where Vinny I would drop Amber like a a bad habit. 😅

No, if we both take Juan & Shane along with CaptainC and they go home, you win.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Realistically none of them are going home, it's fait accompli.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NormM wrote:
Realistically none of them are going home, it's fait accompli.

Well Somehow Juan and Shane fell to 6th, they were 4th for the first 3 weeks then 5th, poppe up to the front for a few weeks and are now back of pack. I think there navigation skills have issues (which is funny for Pilots.. I guess you don't follow roads when you fly..lol) So I could see them going home this week.

Still not sure which way I want to go on my pick.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's the conundrum for you and ironclm. If you play it as safe as you can and pick Ricky and Cesar and Juan and Shane get voted out you have no more picks and it's a four way tie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just finished watching this weeks episode. I am really getting sick of people who cannot navigate. If you were going to go on the show, wouldn’t you learn to read an effing map?

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Amazing Race picking game [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
I just finished watching this weeks episode. I am really getting sick of people who cannot navigate. If you were going to go on the show, wouldn’t you learn to read an effing map?

I don't know if in different countries signage is just different or not existing, I don't get it either, and seems to be a lot of navigation issues. The one team I sort of get, the guy was to be the navigator, but she didn't know how to drive a manual.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
]Week1: Amber Craven and Vinny Cagungun

Week 2: Derek and Shelisa Williams

Week 3: Juan and Shane

Week 4: Sunny & Elizabeth

Week 5: Yvonne & Melissa

Week 6: Angie and Danny

Week 7: Rod and Latecia

Week 8: Ricky and Caser
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lets just get this in so I don't forget.

Week 1 Anthony & Bailey
Week 2 Yvonne & Melissa
Week 3 Sunny & Bizzy
Week 4 Kishori & Karishma
Week 5Angie & Danny
Week 6 Rod & Leticia
week 7 Amber & Vinny

Week 8 Juan & Shane

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let the chaos ensue.

So If CLM takes J&S - Norm wins if J&S go home this week - CLM & I tie if they don't
If CLM takes R&C -
She wins if J&S go home this week or R&C go home next week,
I win if R&C go home this week, or J&S go home next week. ( I think I have taken the riskier position)

Thinking this through, if I had taken R&C
then if CLM took R&C - CC wins if R&C go home this week (which I dont expect them to go home for a while), And if J&S go home its a 3 way tie with Norm, CLM and Myself, If neither go home CLM & I tie

If she took J&S (well thats the opposite of above)
I wins if J&S go home this week or R&C go home next week,
She win if R&C go home this week, or J&S go home next week.

At least I think I have read this right. Which means the only way for a solo winner is if we split our votes this week.

I think J&S should beat yvonne and Melissa, or maybe I should say are capable, but then the following week, it seems with 1 exception anyone could fall to last.

Just Triing
Last edited by: DavHamm: Apr 30, 24 6:59
Quote Reply
Re: Amazing Race picking game [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Week 1: Kishori and Karishma
Week 2: Sunny and Bizzy
Week 3: Amber and Vinny
Week 4: Derek and Shelisa
Week 5: Angie and Danny
Week 6: Rod and Leticia
Week 7: Yvonne and Melissa
Week 8: Ricky and Cesar