Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: A Tradition Unlike Any Other [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
I was just about to say that I couldn't hear the fake birds, but here they are!!!

Remember - birds aren't real https://birdsarentreal.com/pages/about they are creation of the CIA
Quote Reply
Re: A Tradition Unlike Any Other [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
j p o wrote:
I'm hoping this ends the Tiger is going to win nonsense and maybe they can talk about the guys who are actually playing really well.

Scheffler is killing it, Aberg looks like the real deal, Homa, Morikawa, Rory, ... all these guys are actually playing well now and are marketable.

They need to move on, but as far as I know, every org involved in golf and promoting it is still for profit. Right now, Tiger in the game makes them significantly more money than not. You can argue that it’s short sighted as Tiger’s playing days might be limited, but he’s still money.

Him coming off the couch and making the cut says more about his game than having a bad weekend.

ETA - they showed him A TON Thursday night’s coverage. I didn’t watch Friday. I don’t recall them taking much about him on the weekend. They were promoting the heck out of the guys you mentioned, especially Aberg.

Yup, Tiger will always be the center of attention when he steps on the teebox because the tour is lacking in star power. Speith, Dustin Johnson, Rory, Rahm, Koepka, all very good players in their own right but pales in comparison. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the next Tiger is his son Charlie.
Quote Reply
Re: A Tradition Unlike Any Other [ruby1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ruby1 wrote:
RandMart wrote:
I was just about to say that I couldn't hear the fake birds, but here they are!!!

Remember - birds aren't real https://birdsarentreal.com/pages/about they are creation of the CIA

Picked up a bike rack sticker a few weeks ago at an arts festival. It’s Sasquatch wearing a “Birds Aren’t Real” t-shirt.
Quote Reply
Re: A Tradition Unlike Any Other [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
j p o wrote:
I'm hoping this ends the Tiger is going to win nonsense and maybe they can talk about the guys who are actually playing really well.

Scheffler is killing it, Aberg looks like the real deal, Homa, Morikawa, Rory, ... all these guys are actually playing well now and are marketable.

They need to move on, but as far as I know, every org involved in golf and promoting it is still for profit. Right now, Tiger in the game makes them significantly more money than not. You can argue that it’s short sighted as Tiger’s playing days might be limited, but he’s still money.

Him coming off the couch and making the cut says more about his game than having a bad weekend.

ETA - they showed him A TON Thursday night’s coverage. I didn’t watch Friday. I don’t recall them taking much about him on the weekend. They were promoting the heck out of the guys you mentioned, especially Aberg.

Yup, Tiger will always be the center of attention when he steps on the teebox because the tour is lacking in star power. Speith, Dustin Johnson, Rory, Rahm, Koepka, all very good players in their own right but pales in comparison. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the next Tiger is his son Charlie.

I will bet good money that Charlie never earns a tour card. He wasn't even the best 15 year old on his high school team.

I agree that the tour is lacking people viewed as stars but I would suggest that the lack of star power on the tour is as much the tour's and broadcasters' fault as any player. The focus on Tiger, by both, exacerbates the problem. Not resolving the LIV split has made it even worse.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: A Tradition Unlike Any Other [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

Agreed. I enjoyed watching the young European players do so well. Hojgaard was right there as well.

I think the future of golf looks bright. Some people complain that the game isn't the same without the stars of the past, but that's just the nature of sports. Even the OP of this thread complained about the un-interesting field. I was interested :-)
Quote Reply
Re: A Tradition Unlike Any Other [TravelingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep, not on that course. Walking wounded during Sundays round would be putting it mildly.

I believe he could still win a regular tour event but so could a lot of older guys. There's no need for him to try to do that at this stage of his career.

There is one good reason, he would move ahead of Sam Snead and own the record for most PGA tour wins of all time.
Quote Reply
Re: A Tradition Unlike Any Other [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ah didn't even know that was still on the table
Quote Reply

Prev Next