Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Iran attacks Israel [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Israelis have bombed Syria and Lebanon targets multiple times. I think their goal is to degrade Iranian efforts to train Hezbollah and other bad actors trained by Iran in Syria and Lebanon. The Iranian generals were likely involved in that sort of thing. I think the Israelis see it as worthwhile to degrade the ability of those groups to attack Israel. Attacking Iran itself doesn't seem to have the same payoff.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Iran attacks Israel [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
Are you under the impression we don’t have career military and law enforcement etc on the forum?

I’m not sure how to take your question but I do find it somewhat funny given the fact that Tyler was commenting on Slowguy’s post. I’d wager that Slowguy has infinitely more knowledge on military operations and history than Tyler

Who are those the collective experts here in the LR with distinguished careers?
Could have answered Slow Guy.

Now sure Slow Guy is measured and sensible and his stuff is generally pretty good. I am not suggesting Tyler is knowledgable about MIlitary matters, but he is allowed to have a view and don't recall him often disputing Slow Guy, though it probably has occured.

When asked "show me on the doll where he hurt you", Tyler instead pointed to a jar of creamy hazelnut spread and the Village People's 'In the Navy' video.
Quote Reply
Re: Iran attacks Israel [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fair, maybe apply same standard to Nutella
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
... don't recall him often disputing Slow Guy, though it probably has occured.

Maybe you weren't paying attention, indeed it's not easy to keep up with that poster's misdirections and personal attacks. But - according to that poster, slowguy is a flaming liberal, and in reference to his military service, a chair polisher. That poster contributes nothing positive to this forum.
Quote Reply
Re: Iran attacks Israel [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
... don't recall him often disputing Slow Guy, though it probably has occured.

I agree with little Tyler says, but he does say somehing else, abhorrent, crazy, or otherwise. Change from the Ministry of Truth Broadcasts.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
I agree with little Tyler says, but he does say somehing else, abhorrent, crazy, or otherwise. Change from the Ministry of Truth Broadcasts.

If you have the same oatmeal for breakfast everyday, you might eventually want to inject some variety in your menu. That doesn't mean that slopping a big piece of steaming shit in your bowl is a good idea.

Variety is only useful if the options offered aren't useless.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Iran attacks Israel [Tylertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tylertri wrote:
see slowguy thinks it's useless to go tit for tat about who started it.

He then follows immediately defining the context of this attack as "Israel started it" while completely ignoring Iran's involvement in the events of the last 7 months (let alone the last 4 decades).

This is how you have a serious conversation here in the LR. Trail will be thrilled.

I see you have generated some animus with your criticism of both Nutella's and Slowguy's analysis of the situation here. But then you have not offered a dissenting view.

you refer to "last seven months and decades" of Iran wearing the black hat ( my interpretation) and now this significant counter attack. Windy also offered up the seizure of a Portuguese flagged vessel as an act of war. You and windy both leave open for interpretation support for further direct confrontation by western powers and regional neighbors against Iran with the end pursuit being regime change. A case could be made that the time is ripe just now for widening the war with both Bibi and Joe both getting to wag the tail with war.

Or, the other case is that Iran has been shown to not have a full Monty armed force be it in the air or on the ground. Hamas Hezbollah Houthi support may be all that that they can muster up. The region's players could be quite content with that realization and have no appetite for further escalation.

A debate can be had with easily supported positions by both the hawks and the doves. Feel free to contribute.
Quote Reply
Re: Iran attacks Israel [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68823348
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68823348

Truly is hard to go to war without the support of the citizens. I like the "we are Iran not the Islamic Republic" quote.

The tit for tat, save face, lets throw up a bunch of unmanned vehicles equally capable of being a target as finding a target looks to be as good as it gets for Iran's leadership. It is entirely plausible that Iran can do no further damage by air and has no means of getting an Army anywhere near Israel. As none came to stand by Hamas' leadership, so too none have come to stand by Iran's leadership.
Quote Reply

Prev Next