Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: A Bike Need, Fentanyl, Meth, & Abuse | Part Lavender Room, Part Triathlon, Part Classified [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tinman wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
So I can't help with a bike or parts, but if there's some top end machine someone is able to get to Michelle I will gladly contribute to any costs involved in getting it to her. Just let me know where to send the money.

Same here - I would certainly contribute to any group funding approach. (gofundme, etc)

Cheers and best of luck!
A generous member of this group has offered his newer Cervelo P5 and his wife's Factor One, both with di2 11-sp setups, thank heavens for no mechanical at nationals this year. Phenomenal wheelsets too. TT Bike: Rear disc: Hed Vanquish. Front wheel: Hed Vanquish 8. We might run a deep front on the road bike and a shallower Enve SES 3.4 in the rear. (optimizing weight & aero, assuming wind speeds won't be crazy).

To avoid bleeding brakes and doing some serious wrench turning, Michelle and I will fly from SEA to PHL, meeting the lender of the bikes at the airport for pickup. We'll drive 7.5 hrs to Charlseton, WV for the week of nationals and then drive back to PHL to return the bikes and fly home to SEA from there.

To the bike donor/lender, we are so so grateful. Thank you. Many many more of you reached out. There may have been tears.

Regarding monetary donations: Disclosure: We've had $750 donations, from two people in total. We are exceedingly grateful (and feeling sheepish yet prudent for minimizing spending here) for the support you all have offered us.

We welcome more and will put it to use in procuring the bikes / logistics / kit / hotel etc, but/and we also ask that you first consider if there are more valuable places you could put your money before sending it our way. My venmo handle is the same as my username here if you'd like to donate through that. (Or you can DM me for our mailing address for mailing paper checks if that's more your style.)

Still blown away at you all. Thank you.

I hesitate to make a gofundme because we just can't swallow the pill that her nationals fund is worth that. However, I may just start a gofundme for some much needed & wanted braces for the girl who we are now guardians of. We're only $5600 shy... 🤯

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: A Bike Need, Fentanyl, Meth, & Abuse | Part Lavender Room, Part Triathlon, Part Classified [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is awesome news!
Quote Reply
Re: A Bike Need, Fentanyl, Meth, & Abuse | Part Lavender Room, Part Triathlon, Part Classified [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just bumping your thread Alex.
How are things going?
Any updates?
Things lining up OK for the Nationals?
Quote Reply

Prev Next