Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
r0bh wrote:
Alex Yee raced in a French grand Prix today so rumours of an injury look to be fake news

is there anybody that has found results from today i watched a bit on the live stream and it looked like hayden ,once again this year, got dropped on the swim and was a good bit back into t2 run quite well though but yee was a good bit up.

Have a look on Federation Francaise de Triathlon on Facebook. It is an open group and has the results and video on there.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
www.triathlonseries.fr/event

Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
sidelined wrote:
Hugo Milner now on the start list for Yokohama
.will be interesting to see how he does
He recently demonstrated he only has elite age group level bike power. Not even low level pro.
He certainly can improve and he is an amazing runner, so I’ll take interest (as you suggested). But I doubt he’ll be mentioned after the gun goes off.
Bit like Jorgensen then; except she'll surely keep getting the 'mentions'.
(Not sure what meant by "elite age group". Is there such a category?
Is it Stornes v Thorn for an MTR leg? (Thorn has every chance to auto-qualify a second Norge individual place: ranked #30 at present).

Get over your Gwen hate and your dislike for me. Gwen has an Olympic gold on her resume. Milner has “3.8 w/kg” at the Arena games on his resume. We all say stupid things. This is next level stupid.

And yes, that’s a common category for races with smaller prize purses (less than $5k) because non-pros can compete for it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
r0bh wrote:
Alex Yee raced in a French grand Prix today so rumours of an injury look to be fake news
is there anybody that has found results from today i watched a bit on the live stream and it looked like hayden ,once again this year, got dropped on the swim and was a good bit back into t2 run quite well though but Yee was a good bit up.
https://www.triathlonseries.fr/event/931/D1F and 'scratch'
No splits. Yee 14 seconds clear of Wilde.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wilde punctured and started run dead last

https://triathlon.kiwi/...JdOOlefUnR14nH5Dx31q
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks. i had just found it and if you click on the names you see the splits they had the same swim split and wilde run 3 sec faster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just caught up with that Chengdu race, what was Stapley playing at with that celebration?

No one likes a show off!
Last edited by: Jackets: May 4, 24 14:53
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, he reminded me of a young Sam Long. Seemed really fired up !

Looking at the review, it was quite impressive to see the drone showing Tayler Reid throwing up in the final sprint. It must have been tough as he was going well !
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, but I didn't say I expected him to win.
He did manage to stay on Haydn Wilde's wheel in an earlier sprint race this year. Is that elite age group?
Not sure. He didn't run well off of it though.
Ps Beth Potter has come a long way from a while back, it was interesting to watch the progress.
Gwen, on the other hand , only has a couple of months to show she is there
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Just caught up with that Chengdu race, what was Stapley playing at with that celebration?

No one likes a show off!

Cocky much !!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:

No one likes a show off!

He won a race. A very big win, his first ever World Cup. You want to limit his celebrations? Was he being disrespectful to anyone and how?

(Not a huge Stapley fan tbh, but let’s not get uptight about this here sport, please).

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisb12 wrote:
Jackets wrote:

No one likes a show off!

Cocky much !!

Triathlon is F’in boring at the moment we need some characters!

Not sure he was being cocky, I interpreted it as a dig at receiving no funding. Felt like he was saying I can’t hear you doubters now can I! He was very sure to point to Bahrain Endurance logo on his suit.

But I am old and talk sh1t so what do I know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SheridanTris wrote:
chrisb12 wrote:
Jackets wrote:

No one likes a show off!

Cocky much !!

Not sure he was being cocky, I interpreted it as a dig at receiving no funding. Felt like he was saying I can’t hear you doubters now can I! He was very sure to point to Bahrain Endurance logo on his suit.

That's a fair point, with context behind it, but hey I'm a bit of a triathlon geek and I didn't realise that, so no chance of any casuals.

The cupping of the ears thing doesn't look good, didn't really interview well either.

Maybe there's a market out there for a triathlon bad boy, if he can back it up with regular podiums at WTS level then no complaints from me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SheridanTris wrote:
chrisb12 wrote:
Jackets wrote:

No one likes a show off!

Cocky much !!

No one gets funding for finishing conti cups, it takes podiums, good ones. This is his first world cup win, might get a bit funding next round. He has spent a few years critisisng feds for not funding or categorizing him but hadn't produced the results they require.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [jcgiraSHT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jcgiraSHT wrote:
www.triathlonseries.fr/event

ups had not seen this , thanks a lot
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisb12 wrote:
SheridanTris wrote:
chrisb12 wrote:
Jackets wrote:
Cocky much !!
No one gets funding for finishing conti cups, it takes podiums, good ones. This is his first world cup win, might get a bit funding next round. He has spent a few years critisisng feds for not funding or categorizing him but hadn't produced the results they require.
Athletes get funding if they show potential: that is more important than current results. I can see the (in turmoil) TriAus deciding he wasn't worth it. Good to see some admin support for him by BriTri even if not on 2024 performance programme.
https://www.britishtriathlon.org/.../elite-team/athletes
But his essential problem remains that his potential for SC is limited by his poor run. Which earned him the win against (as others have pointed out) breakaway conti cup swim-bikers who were worse runners.
He was #57 in Pontevedra with a 33 minute plus run (albeit demotivated). Contrast his potential with Milner's or Bentley's
He just needs to cut away and concentrate on middle distance. That will require more run mileage (which I shall guess he enjoys least). But I guess he wants to hang in SC alongside his Bahrain accomplice.
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: May 5, 24 6:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chrisb12 wrote:
SheridanTris wrote:
chrisb12 wrote:
Jackets wrote:

No one likes a show off!

Cocky much !!

https://www.triathlon.org/...ts/74423/jack_willis
vs
https://www.triathlon.org/...s/104983/max_stapley

one of them got funding the other not , not that easy to see why one got it and the other not .

and i would say the clearly weakest results of the 3 got a 6 month funding

https://www.triathlon.org/...s/83434/ben_dijkstra
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Just read a report, Wilde got a puncture last KM of the bike, has a bad habit of these type things happening!

Started 17secs behind everyone else on the run, still came 2nd!

Yee and Wilde are just another level... Wilde overtaking the rest of the field too easy. If those 2 have less than 30s with the front of the race in Paris in T2 it will be their show to get gold. I don´t think there is anybody capable of running at those speeds (Blummenfelt will not agree :D)

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:
Jackets wrote:
Just read a report, Wilde got a puncture last KM of the bike, has a bad habit of these type things happening!

Started 17secs behind everyone else on the run, still came 2nd!

Yee and Wilde are just another level... Wilde overtaking the rest of the field too easy. If those 2 have less than 30s with the front of the race in Paris in T2 it will be their show to get gold. I don´t think there is anybody capable of running at those speeds (Blummenfelt will not agree :D)

Agree, they're both prone to having the odd bad race though, they haven't got the consistency that Gomez or the Brownlees had in their primes yet I don't think.

Wilde in particular seems to have a nasty habit of just having bad luck in races, whether it's a mechanical, time penalty or going the wrong way or something.

If they're both on in Paris though everyone else is racing for a bronze and they may well have dropped everyone 2km into the run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I thought was interesting was the 'performance' of Pierre LeCorre. In light of the fact that he still needs to show form in 2024 to the selectors, and this may open the door to both Bergere and Luis if he really has been injured and out of shape as a result.

Will be interesting if he can show improved form in Cagliari (as he's not racing Yokohama). He's supposed to show top 6? form at a WTCS to stamp his qualification I think.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
monty wrote:
From his wiki page:

Growing up Wilde played soccer and hockey before moving into running for fitness.[10]

Wilde has been coached by Craig Kirkwood since 2016 after putting him to the sword and stealing $1000 prize from Kirkwood in a local half marathon[

Sounds more like a running background to me, after playing soccer and hockey as a young kid..And you may as well call soccer a running background too for a little kid, yes??

I think what would be a good criteria is fastest time run while also an elite triathlete let's use a world ranking of top 100 at the time. Or junior world champs .

And Craig mottram was certainly one of the best ever but the 12.55 defo does not count. The 13.24 would not suprise me
The issue with Craig is while he was defo a junior triathlete I can not find a single result for him in world triathlon so it would appear he never raced internationally.
So unless we get a international race result I would say he does not count.
And correct me but Alan webb never had the fastest run split in a decent triathlon field.

Lukaz that would be tight as his super fast run times where very close to triathlon ,he might have done under 23 worlds. But still also not a world series triathlete because of the unfortunate accident.

In fairness to Lukas V, he had 4 WTS starts with his best result (32nd) at Kitzbuhel in 2012. 46th at 2012 Hamburg. 52 at 2014 Cape Town, DNF at 2014 Chicago.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no disagreement still at the end of the day what matters in triathlon are triathlon results . single split races are cute.and can be good training sessions at the same time they are defo not a must do.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It'd be interesting to know what would happen if LeCorre fails to finish top 6 in Cagliari but still show that he's not injured? I'm assuming Bergere will get the 3rd spot, but is it possible for them to sub Luis in if he does well in both Yokohama and Cagliari?
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [runningeconomy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
runningeconomy wrote:
It'd be interesting to know what would happen if LeCorre fails to finish top 6 in Cagliari but still show that he's not injured? I'm assuming Bergere will get the 3rd spot, but is it possible for them to sub Luis in if he does well in both Yokohama and Cagliari?

It is possible, bit would they do it? Louis does seem to be their cover boy, used in so much media, LeCorre has always been on the outer for some reason.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has Pierre le corre been injured then?
I did notice that he did not do so well
Quote Reply

Prev Next