Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Tri.Tony wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
Tri.Tony wrote:
So if the saddle moved forward .50 mm and the pads moved forward .50 mm its a 51 - correct? The effective seat tube angle in the current set up is 75 degrees. Thus, a 51 would also have a greater seat tube angle.

I am on a guru cr401. The measurements (including the frame stack and reach) are from a bikefit.

As an aside, I got the bike and then got the fit (backward - I know) but that's how it went down. I think the bike may be a little short reachwise because I am on a -20 x120mm stem.

All that said, would I be better off on the 51?

Your current position will be a more challenging fit mechanically on the 51cm P-Series, but it can be done with a stem swap. That said, your current fit numbers indicate a "slack" position, which is why I asked about your frame stack and reach (non-standard numbers, typical of Guru) and mentioned the saddle thing. At any rate, a 51cm P-Series will work, and depending on how tall you are and what your future fit evolution would look like I'd prefer you on a 51cm anyway.

At your stack height, you'd need to hit 425mm to back of pad to hit the center of the range for a 51cm P-Series. If you were getting the size S P3x you could get away with your current position fit coordinates.

Eric

On a 51, could I change my current fit moving the seat 49mm forward, so to 0 set back, which would move my reach to 435 (386 + 49)? I could also then have the same stack, I assume. I pm'd you the after photo from the fit.

I thought the px would work better for me athletically. However, my wallet says otherwise. I'll have to check second hand.

Yes this could work, being mindful that your relationship to your saddle might change and that you don't want to overload quads, so it's important to rotate pelvis to engage glutes and hamstrings.

E

I was also just checking out my current fit and there are 0 spacers below the stem. my personal ability pending, I may be able to ride with less stack.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Tri.Tony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri.Tony wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
Tri.Tony wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
Tri.Tony wrote:
So if the saddle moved forward .50 mm and the pads moved forward .50 mm its a 51 - correct? The effective seat tube angle in the current set up is 75 degrees. Thus, a 51 would also have a greater seat tube angle.

I am on a guru cr401. The measurements (including the frame stack and reach) are from a bikefit.

As an aside, I got the bike and then got the fit (backward - I know) but that's how it went down. I think the bike may be a little short reachwise because I am on a -20 x120mm stem.

All that said, would I be better off on the 51?

Your current position will be a more challenging fit mechanically on the 51cm P-Series, but it can be done with a stem swap. That said, your current fit numbers indicate a "slack" position, which is why I asked about your frame stack and reach (non-standard numbers, typical of Guru) and mentioned the saddle thing. At any rate, a 51cm P-Series will work, and depending on how tall you are and what your future fit evolution would look like I'd prefer you on a 51cm anyway.

At your stack height, you'd need to hit 425mm to back of pad to hit the center of the range for a 51cm P-Series. If you were getting the size S P3x you could get away with your current position fit coordinates.

Eric

On a 51, could I change my current fit moving the seat 49mm forward, so to 0 set back, which would move my reach to 435 (386 + 49)? I could also then have the same stack, I assume. I pm'd you the after photo from the fit.

I thought the px would work better for me athletically. However, my wallet says otherwise. I'll have to check second hand.

Yes this could work, being mindful that your relationship to your saddle might change and that you don't want to overload quads, so it's important to rotate pelvis to engage glutes and hamstrings.

E

I was also just checking out my current fit and there are 0 spacers below the stem. my personal ability pending, I may be able to ride with less stack.

Yeah then a picture might help... a 48cm would allow you to get lower if need be, and a 51cm also depending on your current bike, bike setup, and fit.

Eric

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I have been riding an old Specialized Transition 2008 as my first triathlon bike and have now decided to go for a new. My options are the Cervelo p3x or the Canyon Speedmax CF8 disc di2. I cannot find information of adjustability in pad x y and need some advice of what size to choose for those bikes.
My length: 170 cm
Inseam: 78 cm
Pad x/y: 440 / 600 (back side of pad)
Saddle top - BB: 705
Saddle tip - pad: 477 (back side of pad)
The ISM saddle is adjusted to its most forward position and I'm positioned almost on the saddle tip. I like my position but it is possible to adjust a little if necessary.

I hope you have the possibility to give me some advice.
Best regards,
Bjorn
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Bjorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bjorne wrote:
Hi,
I have been riding an old Specialized Transition 2008 as my first triathlon bike and have now decided to go for a new. My options are the Cervelo p3x or the Canyon Speedmax CF8 disc di2. I cannot find information of adjustability in pad x y and need some advice of what size to choose for those bikes.
My length: 170 cm
Inseam: 78 cm
Pad x/y: 440 / 600 (back side of pad)
Saddle top - BB: 705
Saddle tip - pad: 477 (back side of pad)
The ISM saddle is adjusted to its most forward position and I'm positioned almost on the saddle tip. I like my position but it is possible to adjust a little if necessary.

I hope you have the possibility to give me some advice.
Best regards,
Bjorn

Hi, thanks for reaching out.

With a pad stack of 600mm and a pad reach of 440mm to back of pad you could actually fit on a size S, M, or L with your fit coordinates being right in the middle of a size M P3x. You’d have 35mm of exposed mono riser and the pads in the middle reach setting.

Size M P3x... make sense?

Eric

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for a very quick reply
/Bjorn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,

Im considering a Cervelo "P" series as a TT bike, I have done a few TT's on my Aero Bike w/ clip on aero bars, Im now considering a dedicated TT rig. Unfortunately I don't have any TT fit coordinates. Here is my road bike info, hoping that'll provide an appropriate window for P series bike size;

Saddle height CL of BB to top of saddle- 788mm (172.5 cranks)
My aero bike reach (CL BB to the CL of bars) 484mm
Road bike- 565mm top tube w/ 110mm stem
I'm 185cm tall, 900mm inseam, 610mm torso T/L ratio 67.8%

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Adub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adub wrote:
Hi Eric,

Im considering a Cervelo "P" series as a TT bike, I have done a few TT's on my Aero Bike w/ clip on aero bars, Im now considering a dedicated TT rig. Unfortunately I don't have any TT fit coordinates. Here is my road bike info, hoping that'll provide an appropriate window for P series bike size;

Saddle height CL of BB to top of saddle- 788mm (172.5 cranks)
My aero bike reach (CL BB to the CL of bars) 484mm
Road bike- 565mm top tube w/ 110mm stem
I'm 185cm tall, 900mm inseam, 610mm torso T/L ratio 67.8%

Thanks!

Hi thanks for reaching out.

When you say the reach of the bars on your “aero bike” is 484mm, do you have clip ons attached? How far behind the bars are the back edges of the pads?

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,

When I refer to my bikes reach that is from the BB to the center of the regular road bars, no clip ons attached. My clip-ons have no fore-aft adjustment, so I was never really comfortable with them. I do realize it's fairly vague data, but hoping to get close based on the info I have.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Adub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adub wrote:
Hi Eric,

When I refer to my bikes reach that is from the BB to the center of the regular road bars, no clip ons attached. My clip-ons have no fore-aft adjustment, so I was never really comfortable with them. I do realize it's fairly vague data, but hoping to get close based on the info I have.

Thanks.

How about on your road bike... can you lay your elbows on the bars at 484mm?

The P-Series is very adjustable... you could *maybe* fit on a 56cm, but at your height and your potential reach I'd feel safer recommending a 58cm P-Series. I'd hate for you to run out of reach on the 56cm.

Make sense?

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Eric!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,

I've got a similar question, except I've never had a fit on a TT bike before!

Im looking to buy a P series for time trials (10k and 40k) and Half/Full distance Ironman.

Im 181cm tall with a 87cm inseam. I currently rice a 58cm Tarmac. I used clip on aero bars for my first half ironman and felt fine until the end when I got some hip pain, but I don't remember the measurements as I removed those clip ons.

I've attached a screenshot from my road bike fit incase this helps?

I see so much conflicting information online saying you should get a size smaller on your TT bike or a size larger than your road bike frame. I was also looking at the Canyon speedmax but their website says I should be a size M, where as my bike fitter says I should for L. My fitter did a great set up on my road bike but I would really appreciate your opinion on the Cervelo p series.

All the best.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Palmer45] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Palmer45 wrote:
Hi Eric,

I've got a similar question, except I've never had a fit on a TT bike before!

Im looking to buy a P series for time trials (10k and 40k) and Half/Full distance Ironman.

Im 181cm tall with a 87cm inseam. I currently rice a 58cm Tarmac. I used clip on aero bars for my first half ironman and felt fine until the end when I got some hip pain, but I don't remember the measurements as I removed those clip ons.

I've attached a screenshot from my road bike fit in case this helps?

I see so much conflicting information online saying you should get a size smaller on your TT bike or a size larger than your road bike frame. I was also looking at the Canyon speedmax but their website says I should be a size M, where as my bike fitter says I should for L. My fitter did a great set up on my road bike but I would really appreciate your opinion on the Cervelo p series.

All the best.

Hi, thanks for reaching out.

I'm not sure where you're getting your advice, but definitely do NOT get a TT bike based on your road bike. That rule of thumb was waaaay wrong, but OTOH as TT frames get taller and taller or more "participant" and less "performance" you might say getting a smaller TT size might be useful to get low enough but you probably won't be able to get long enough. That's why a pre-purchase fit is always the best way. I'm also not a big fan of height either, but it's slightly better.

The P-Series cockpit is pretty adjustable, so it's more versatile than a similar bike with a 2010s cockpit. Generally, someone of your height would probably fall on a 56cm or 58cm P-Series. Your saddle-to-bars distance and your handlebar X (particularly in combination with your saddle type) in your fit document make me lean more toward a 58cm.

Do you have any pics of you in your TT position on your clip-ons?

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the fast response Eric. There are sales on this P series im trying to snag! :)

I've attached a picture I took below on a trainer and the graph of my bike measurements!

Im pretty flexible and could get lower / longer than this on a dedicated TT bike (with some more yoga).
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Palmer45] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just to note since those measurement were taken I raised the saddle an inch and used a split nose ISM to get more forward for the triathlon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Palmer45 wrote:
Thanks for the fast response Eric. There are sales on this P series im trying to snag! :)

I've attached a picture I took below on a trainer and the graph of my bike measurements!

Im pretty flexible and could get lower / longer than this on a dedicated TT bike (with some more yoga).

No flexibility needed!

Hey, what ISM saddle is that? Your original fit report listed a Taupe as the saddle.

Seeing you here and seeing the visual graph of your fit coordinates is confirming my lean toward a 58cm P-Series. For example, your *current* position would be a 56cm (key factor being the reach), but if you got yourself into a proper and orthodox time trial position, taking advantage of what a TT frame offers, you'd be a 58cm.

Make sense?

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Makes perfect sense! I will get myself a 58cm p series! Thanks for your help!

It is a ISM Pn3.0 saddle btw. I was getting numbness using the original saddle in the tt position for too long.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Palmer45 wrote:
Makes perfect sense! I will get myself a 58cm p series! Thanks for your help!

It is a ISM Pn3.0 saddle btw. I was getting numbness using the original saddle in the tt position for too long.

Yeah it's pretty hard to TT on the type of saddle your bike originally came with!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric, me again...

They've only gone and bloody sold out of the 58cm. They have some 56cm left but I presume, as discussed, this will limit my reach.

Will adding a longer stem mitigate this issue or will it negatively effect handling etc? If it isn't too much of an issue for somebody my height I'd be inclined to get this. Otherwise i will just wait until i can afford the full price 58 or when next years model is discounted!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Palmer45 wrote:
Hi Eric, me again...

They've only gone and bloody sold out of the 58cm. They have some 56cm left but I presume, as discussed, this will limit my reach.

Will adding a longer stem mitigate this issue or will it negatively affect handling etc? If it isn't too much of an issue for somebody my height I'd be inclined to get this. Otherwise i will just wait until i can afford the full price 58 or when next years model is discounted!

To really figure this out, you'd need to do a pre-purchase fit... is that something you might consider? It might turn out that you are within orthodox range for a 56cm, and I understand the sale price pressure.

Generally though, longer stems can both help reach and also affect handling.

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would have preferred to do a pre purchase fit but we've gone into a strict lockdown in the UK and everything is pretty much shut! With the supply issues and lockdown it probably isnt the best time trying to source the ideal tt bike :/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,
i am contemplating a P-series as i am feeling ready to move on from my current QR CD0.1 and also want to take advantage of the disc brake capabilities on newer bikes. my fit specs are as follows:

Stack 537 mm
Reach 416mm
saddle tip to back of pad 415mm

my local shop is a cervelo dealer and they're great, i just want to get some insight from you because i cant get a new fitting now with covid restrictions as my current fit is 5 years old so probably due for an update on that front. i can send you my whole fit report, if that would help

Thanks,
Greg
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [BabaBooey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BabaBooey wrote:
Hi Eric,
i am contemplating a P-series as i am feeling ready to move on from my current QR CD0.1 and also want to take advantage of the disc brake capabilities on newer bikes. my fit specs are as follows:

Stack 537 mm
Reach 416mm

my local shop is a cervelo dealer and they're great, i just want to get some insight from you because i cant get a new fitting now with covid restrictions as my current fit is 5 years old so probably due for an update on that front. i can send you my whole fit report, if that would help

Thanks,
Greg

hi Greg, thanks for reaching out.

Are you sure about that stack? That's as low as or lower than a 48cm bike can go I think. The CD.01 is a long and low bike now that I think about it.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
BabaBooey wrote:
Hi Eric,

Stack 537 mm
Reach 416mm

Thanks,
Greg

Are you sure about that stack? That's as low as or lower than a 48cm bike can go I think. The CD.01 is a long and low bike now that I think about it.

Eric

Hi Eric - yeah that's what it is. i have a longer torso and shorter legs. i added the screen shot of the measurements here.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [BabaBooey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BabaBooey wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
BabaBooey wrote:
Hi Eric,

Stack 537 mm
Reach 416mm

Thanks,
Greg

Eric

Hi Eric - yeah that's what it is. i have a longer torso and shorter legs. i added the screen shot of the measurements here.

OK, so at your stack and reach you're definitely a 48cm P-Series. I'm worried about the stack, you might have to switch to the Profile Subsonic pad holders and extensions along with a aftermarket -17 stem.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
BabaBooey wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
BabaBooey wrote:
Hi Eric,

Stack 537 mm
Reach 416mm

Thanks,
Greg

Eric

OK, so at your stack and reach you're definitely a 48cm P-Series. I'm worried about the stack, you might have to switch to the Profile Subsonic pad holders and extensions along with a aftermarket -17 stem.

Eric
wouldnt the 51 be closer to the stack & reach coordinates? this is why i think i need to do this at my local shop, if i need to adjust different pieces, they will have them to test out and make sure it works. my inseam is somewhere around 29.5-29.75" if that helps.
Quote Reply

Prev Next