Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having a little trouble understanding what this chart is showing. Also, I’m long at the PX frame not the P5D
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [whalendds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
whalendds wrote:
Having a little trouble understanding what this chart is showing. Also, I’m long at the PX frame not the P5D

When at the top of the range the pad stack will be your target 720mm, but if you use the tilt the tilting action actually lowers the front edge of the pads by a bit, so you might only achieve 700mm in the tilted configuration.

Make sense?

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [whalendds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Each point on the chart is a discrete position that the bars can achieve. I don't really like the coloured regions on the Cervelo site as they don't show the granularity of adjustment.
This is the chart for 0deg tilt, this matches what you see in the calculator on the Cervelo website (I fixed the chart title too)

You can see that the lowest stack of the furthest back position is ~590

Then if we tilt by 15deg (because I've already shown 10)

You can see that the reach doesn't really change but the stack has dropped ~25mm for the highlighted point. It changes less for the more forward settings of the pads.
The target point has a 10mm tolerance circle around it.
This shows that if your stated XY is based on bars that are tilted 15deg, you would not achieve your position on the L. But would be within tolerance on the XL

If your current bars are not tilted at all, you would look at the first example and have the L as an option. In that case the tilted examples just let you know what would happen if you chose to tilt the bars once you got the bike (elbows would lower significantly).

Clear as mud?
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric, some advice needed on which bike and size to go for.

I currently have an Aspire Aeolus, which I've worked out is actually one of many rebadged Dengfu FM086s, which i got 2nd hand when I was first looking for a TT bike, the price was good, it looked big so I went for it. I had a bike fit last autumn and have been really comfortable and fast (for me - FTP currently 282) in races so far this year so I'm thinking about an upgrade.

Having read through quite a chunk of this thread I'm clear that I must be quite scrunched up, so just interested to know your thoughts

Measurements from my bike fit:
Pad X: 660 (top of pad), Pad Y: 425 (rear pad), Pad Z: 150 (inside to inside), Saddle height: 826 (BB centre to 3cm behind tip of saddle)
I have 15 degree spacers angling my pads up a bit

I've measured my current TT bike as Stack: 556, Reach 410

My measurements:
Height:191cm, Inseam 92cm, age 43

There's hopefully a picture attached

Looks like I'm off the chart for normal fit, unless I went for a really small frame, looks like I could do upper left quadrant on a size 54 p5d. But I'm not abnormally inflexible or anything, I can touch my toes, I'm riding a 58cm Scott Addict with only 15mm of spacers. So I suspect I need to rotate myself forwards and lower a bit.

But then I feel good with my current fit, I ran really well off the bike in my first 70.3 a few weeks ago so I'd be happy to recreate what I've got. The bike fitter I saw has fitted some top pros in the UK and I do have space with the pads position to go forwards and lower, so I'm not sure why he wouldn't have done that, or at least mentioned it, if my position is so odd.

Hopefully all that and the photo will prove helpful.
Thanks in advance
Andy
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [billythestick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
billythestick wrote:
Hi Eric, some advice needed on which bike and size to go for.

I currently have an Aspire Aeolus, which I've worked out is actually one of many rebadged Dengfu FM086s, which i got 2nd hand when I was first looking for a TT bike, the price was good, it looked big so I went for it. I had a bike fit last autumn and have been really comfortable and fast (for me - FTP currently 282) in races so far this year so I'm thinking about an upgrade.

Having read through quite a chunk of this thread I'm clear that I must be quite scrunched up, so just interested to know your thoughts

Measurements from my bike fit:
Pad X: 660 (top of pad), Pad Y: 425 (rear pad), Pad Z: 150 (inside to inside), Saddle height: 826 (BB centre to 3cm behind tip of saddle)
I have 15 degree spacers angling my pads up a bit

I've measured my current TT bike as Stack: 556, Reach 410

My measurements:
Height:191cm, Inseam 92cm, age 43

There's hopefully a picture attached

Looks like I'm off the chart for normal fit, unless I went for a really small frame, looks like I could do upper left quadrant on a size 54 p5d. But I'm not abnormally inflexible or anything, I can touch my toes, I'm riding a 58cm Scott Addict with only 15mm of spacers. So I suspect I need to rotate myself forwards and lower a bit.

But then I feel good with my current fit, I ran really well off the bike in my first 70.3 a few weeks ago so I'd be happy to recreate what I've got. The bike fitter I saw has fitted some top pros in the UK and I do have space with the pads position to go forwards and lower, so I'm not sure why he wouldn't have done that, or at least mentioned it, if my position is so odd.

Hopefully all that and the photo will prove helpful.
Thanks in advance
Andy

Hi thanks for reaching out.

You don’t look too terribly scrunched up, or odd, but I do see a bit of “road bike” style in your TT fit, so I could see the whole system moving forward effectively making you longer and in need of more ready.

With a pad stack of 660mm and a pad reach of 425mm you’re a size 54cm P5d, but if you add just 10mm you could hit a size 56cm at that pad stack height. Even so, as it stands you’d have 40mm of reach to play with on the size 54cm.

Make sense?

Eric

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that's helpful thanks.

I can't find a pad x and y chart for the P Series, what size should I go with on that?
Last edited by: billythestick: Jul 1, 21 9:23
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [billythestick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
billythestick wrote:
Yeah, that's helpful thanks.

I can't find a pad x and y chart for the P Series, what size should I go with on that?

Similar. The P-Series is extremely versatile with the Zipp OEM cockpit.

Have you talked to your fitter about your thoughts?

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What saddle are you using?
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:

It's an old ISM adamo. No model number on it but probably closest to a PS short one I think

I run my road saddle with about 5degree nose down tilt, this is about the same, should I maybe point that down a bit more to get me rotating forwards?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
billythestick wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:

It's an old ISM adamo. No model number on it but probably closest to a PS short one I think

I run my road saddle with about 5degree nose down tilt, this is about the same, should I maybe point that down a bit more to get me rotating forwards?

That’s what he’s intimating. You have an upright pelvis, which is fine in an of itself. If you rotated, because you were more comfortable, you would effectively be longer and thus need more reach.

E

Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, that's really interesting, so much to thjjk about.

I guess the thing that the pad x and y don't rake into account is saddle setback. My bike has the saddle pushed all the way forward but the tip of the saddle is still 4cm behind the bottom bracket.

What's the range of saddle setback on cervelos? If that was 0cm that's 4cm to add onto the pad reach isn't it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
billythestick wrote:
OK, that's really interesting, so much to thjjk about.

I guess the thing that the pad x and y don't rake into account is saddle setback. My bike has the saddle pushed all the way forward but the tip of the saddle is still 4cm behind the bottom bracket.

What's the range of saddle setback on cervelos? If that was 0cm that's 4cm to add onto the pad reach isn't it?

Your actual saddle setback is not that much, mind is 9cm twice yours… however, your hip angle and *effective* saddle setback is way back there because of where and the way in which you sit on your saddle.

All this to say there is nothing wrong with your position or hip angle operationally or ( educated guess) aerodynamically so a 54cm or 56cm P5d will be just fine for you.

Hit me up on PM if you want to chat more or go over to the “Oh My Aching Saddle” thread here on ST.

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm interested in the P105 but not sure what frame size will suit me best. My fit report is included here. Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [generals36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
generals36 wrote:
I'm interested in the P105 but not sure what frame size will suit me best. My fit report is included here. Thanks in advance.

P Series Shimano 105?

Also, please attach the report.

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, P105 Shimano 105.

Rather than try to re-attach, including the measurements below:

Saddle Height 700mm w/ a 160 mm crank
Reach: 460mm
Stack: 600mm

Also, I'm 5'6" in height.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

I'm riding a 2020 P3X and am looking to upgrade my crankset to a Sram Red Axs power meter (currently riding Shimano Ultegra).

Would anyone know what the standard factory install bottom bracket is on the P3X and what spindle type I would need (DUB or GXP)? I'm pretty sure it is a GXP but wanted to confirm before ordering.

Also considering upgrading to a ceramic speed BB. Any suggestions here as to what model would be best for the P3X?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [chicoxcrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you look at your crankset and bottom bracket, you should be able to tell what it is.

The fact that you are currently using an Ultegra crankset means that your bottom bracket is Shimano compatible, and not compatible with any of the SRAM cranksets.
Last edited by: jimatbeyond: Jul 15, 21 21:31
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you! I'm not able to tell by looking at the bottom bracket. However, it makes sense that a Sram crankset wouldn't work on a Shimano compatible BB.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [chicoxcrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You’re currently using a BBRight for Shimano, 24mm on both sides. You need a BBRight for GXP, 24mm drive side and 22mm non-drive side.

They do make shims that might work but it’s not my favorite.

E

Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [generals36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
generals36 wrote:
Yes, P105 Shimano 105.

Rather than try to re-attach, including the measurements below:

Saddle Height 700mm w/ a 160 mm crank
Reach: 460mm
Stack: 600mm

Also, I'm 5'6" in height.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks!

With a pad stack of 600mm and a pad reach of 460mm you could do well on a 51cm or 54cm. I lean toward the 54cm.

Make sense?

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pad x 440
Pad y 640
Height 180cm
Looking at the p series
Last edited by: Jmcn: Jul 17, 21 20:42
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Jmcn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With a pad stack of 640mm and a pad reach of 440mm I think you’d be perfect on a 54cm P Series.

What size is your P2?

Eric

Jmcn wrote:
Pad x 440
Pad y 640
Height 180cm
Looking at the p series

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey it is a size 54
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Jmcn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jmcn wrote:
Hey it is a size 54

Well done. Yeah, I think a 54cm P Series would also be good.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are your thoughts on my position? I have a 110mm stem on at the moment to compensate for the aero bar roll back
Quote Reply

Prev Next