Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: T100 Singapore [WhittleFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can anybody find any info re: race schedule in Singapore? There is literally no info on the pro race in the "official website", except on where to watch it. A bit frustrating. I thought Ironman's site was crap, but I've come to appreciate it now. Triathlon.org only has the start list and the link to the above website.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Last edited by: kajet: Mar 27, 24 4:56
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am anticipating same/similar start time to last year so 2-3pm local time.

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to maybe seeing a Brownlee v Gomez matchup. Gomez has been quiet as of late but is my favorite triathlete to watch race over the years. Looking forward to watching this one play out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
Can anybody find any info re: race schedule in Singapore? There is literally no info on the pro race in the "official website", except on where to watch it. A bit frustrating. I thought Ironman's site was crap, but I've come to appreciate it now. Triathlon.org only has the start list and the link to the above website.
https://t100triathlon.com/
Schedule: https://t100triathlon.com/...ipant-info/#schedule
Saturday 13 April - PRO WOMEN
Race start – 14:15
SUNDAY 14 April - PRO MEN
Race start – 15:15
Edit: Timings are SGT (UTC+8) UK is UTC+1.

Much detail here:
https://t100triathlon.com/...#important-documents
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Apr 8, 24 9:57
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was all excited to watch this, but totally forgot about time change details. Whoops. I'll settle for the race highlights when I get up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So 20:15 Central European time for the women. But can I last until past 23?

Thanks. And thanks to David for the earlier useful speculation.

Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore [] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thorsten's seedings are here:
https://www.trirating.com/...-13th-14th-seedings/
For info, 60 minutes for 18km is about 1:10 half marathon pace.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A 1415 Singapore start time for women on Saturday 4/13 is a 0815 start time for Central EU spectators.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:

What data is used for these race seedings? How does he get figure out times for specific disciplines? Some athletes have already races multiple times this year while others haven’t yet raced.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
It’s interesting all of these dynamics. You take a look at Wtcs. For the most part all the top athletes race most of the races. Sure every race in the top 20 will skip and they even build it into the rules to allow athletes to skip. Maybe it’s because the depth is so deep that it really doesn’t matter who skips, it’s always a stacked field.

T100 is paying athletes better money than federation stipends and you are seeing a portion of the pros basically showcase a rather interesting race schedule, Pto tells Wtcs athletes to focus on Paris and then they are racing other LC events before Paris. That’s some interesting drama imo.

So to point that t100 can’t bump up to 30 starters, they’ll just tighten the requirements to race next year. Wtcs and slt don’t fight for athletes, they for the most part work together and slt is more or less the “postseason all star” tour. But here IM and T100 are going to butt heads a ton and so I’ll be curious to see they pivot next year from t100. At some point the kids gloves will have to come off and force athleres to choose imo.

But at the same time if athletes racing all races end up with poor t100 scores, they’ll basically be filtered out next year anyways for likely athletes who are happy to go all in on t100 series (Wtcs athletes “graduating” out and/or 2 year non qualification Olympic period gives you some major flexibility).

The only way that is gonna happen is if Moritz goes all PIF on the series. Big Dollars. Like 500k/year salaries.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For once I'm actually more interested in the women race, as we're going to see some faces unseen from last year. A decently strong field, despite the cumbersome travel requirements. Gentle probably for the win, but I expect Simmonds to perform well.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore [An_apple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An_apple wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
What data is used for these race seedings? How does he get figure out times for specific disciplines? Some athletes have already raced multiple times this year while others haven’t yet raced.
https://www.trirating.com/what-is-thorstens-ttr/ - have a read.
He uses all non-drafting race (>99km) data and reduces the weight of results more than one season ago.
"The weighting is done as by assigning each result a weight based on how long ago the race was . . . for each year that goes by the weight is reduced by a factor of 0.85."
Think you could, with a bit of effort and interest, work out an algorithm for amalgamating 18km > 21.1km > 42.2km run time and biking 80/90/180km data.
Clearly the environmental, water and road conditions on the day will have an effect, but that will be a relatively uniform factor on every athlete's performance. He also rates races, when there is years of history it's more reliable/useful, to recognise that some races are 'fast' (Dubai, Bahrain, Busselton, Florida, Roth ottomh), and applies that factor to his 'seedings'.
So it's not so much the actual times but the differential between athletes that is worth looking at. He does not factor in emotion or overweight how an athlete's immediate previous race went and discards 'fails' from an athlete's data.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
It’s interesting all of these dynamics. You take a look at Wtcs. For the most part all the top athletes race most of the races. Sure every race in the top 20 will skip and they even build it into the rules to allow athletes to skip. Maybe it’s because the depth is so deep that it really doesn’t matter who skips, it’s always a stacked field.

T100 is paying athletes better money than federation stipends and you are seeing a portion of the pros basically showcase a rather interesting race schedule, Pto tells Wtcs athletes to focus on Paris and then they are racing other LC events before Paris. That’s some interesting drama imo.

So to point that t100 can’t bump up to 30 starters, they’ll just tighten the requirements to race next year. Wtcs and slt don’t fight for athletes, they for the most part work together and slt is more or less the “postseason all star” tour. But here IM and T100 are going to butt heads a ton and so I’ll be curious to see they pivot next year from t100. At some point the kids gloves will have to come off and force athleres to choose imo.

But at the same time if athletes racing all races end up with poor t100 scores, they’ll basically be filtered out next year anyways for likely athletes who are happy to go all in on t100 series (Wtcs athletes “graduating” out and/or 2 year non qualification Olympic period gives you some major flexibility).

"T100 is paying athletes better money than federation stipends and you are seeing a portion of the pros basically showcase a rather interesting race schedule,"WPRO:
After these first two T100 races (which had ?23 total 'misses', Miami 'cos early and Singapore 'cos unhealthy and distant) the average number of wildcards offered for the next 5 will average <4. Three of those 4 for SF and London will be the Olympians (crossing fingers for Spivey being picked and Duffy being fit enough btw). We should see all but one of the 17 other (contracted) there.
"PTO tells Wtcs athletes to focus on Paris and then they are racing other LC events before Paris. That’s some interesting drama imo." PTO "tell" 4 (of 40) athletes no such thing. They recognise the importance of the Olympics (on a number of levels) and construct a contract which enables top short course athletes to take part in the series. Blummenfelt refused ('cos Kona). Assume Iden too. Surprised they couldn't attract one of the French to take it. PTO have gone out of their way to avoid the 'our road or the high road'. Because it's not in their interests (they can have their cake and make sure the athletes can choose bread AND cake). So PTO can see the need for eg Knibb to validate: zero drama.

". . . t100 can’t bump up to 30 starters, they’ll just tighten the requirements to race next year." Not sure what you mean. Next year contracts will be offered to the athletes finishing top T100 ten; the next 6 ranked in the PTO rankings and 4 'hotshots' picked by PTO, at their sole discretion (no TRI direct involvement).

". . . IM and T100 are going to butt heads a ton . . . At some point the kids gloves will have to come off and force athletes to choose imo." Don't think they'll take that antagonistic approach.

Current contracted athletes will "be filtered out next year anyways for . . . WTCS athletes “graduating” out and/or 2 year non qualification Olympic period gives you some major flexibility)." The only way WTCS athletes are getting into T100 (contract) in 2025 is by racing draft illegal races in later 2024 to score excellent PTO Ranking points (so T100 wildcards or Taupo) to get into top 20 OR by being chosen by PTO as a 2025 'hotshot'.
Which current athletes who are top 30 WTCS might be in that frame? Spivey, Knibb and van Riel are contracted and I can see them being T100 top 10 to earn a contract. I can see both Norwegians being given 'hotshot' slots for 2025.

Any women?
Zaferes is strong enough on the bike but will she want to? GTB? Potter even? Go and look at the WPro WTCS rankings.
https://triathlon.org/rankings/world_triathlon_championship_series/female
Candidates need to be bona fide cyclists (not wheel suckers) and have a decent run. Few make successful transition to middle/long distance top 15 (one a year, maybe). And they probably need to be aged 30 plus because otherwise they'll stay focused on short course and LA28.
Remarkably few who've had WTCS success in short course make the transition to success in middle/long distance top 15 (one a year, maybe; stats available (NB women))
https://stats.protriathletes.org/rankings/women

Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Apr 10, 24 4:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do we know anything about Neumann? Still injured? Recovering? With just a major race in the entire 2023 it looked a bit too much signing a contract for 5+1 races in 2024. Now he has missed 2/2 and would need to race all what's left to be able to fight for the overall series, which looks very unlikely. Very strange...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just make sure you add that none of this is certain. PTO can change whatever they want, basically however they want too because.......they are the bag man. They control the narrative by holding the money. So they could change it to 30 athletes, they could change the distance if they wanted to. They can be as fluid as they want too, to make this the most entertaining product as possible. Again this is where this is as important as a broadcast product as it is an actual "race". This isn't IM or WTCS, PTO can pretty much do anything it wants, whenever it wants. That's what being the money man provides.

So I actually think at some point especially post Olympics where there is a litle bit more of a freedom for all WTCS athletes, I think PTO might put a little more restrictions (whether it becomes public or not, who knows) on T100 athletes. They are basically going to have to at some point if they truly want it to be a setup where they actually race 6+ times a year all together and can create a "season long" narrative.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Apr 9, 24 10:55
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore [Michal_CH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well then, time to go place our bets:

https://www.dailytri.com/.../t100-singapore-2024

Signed, Slowtwitch's Contrarian Predictor

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New YouTube on Singapore. Ditlev hit the deck on a training ride.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just watching this now, looks bad enough to effect his race.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Javi Gomez out..........Josh Amberger in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WhittleFit wrote:
Javi Gomez out..........Josh Amberger in.

What the hell is wrong with Gomez this time???
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
New YouTube on Singapore. Ditlev hit the deck on a training ride.

This is the coverage I love from the Singapore race. They are living the life and it is awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The startlist on PTO still has Javi. There are 21 men and women listed now, the T100 site may just not show past 20 names as Javi is lowest ranked.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore [BizTime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So is Gomez out or not?
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes he is out.
Quote Reply

Prev Next