Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Where's everyone at with crypto? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My $15 of free Coinbase that I got when they were in the Super Bowl ad is now worth $7.19.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Well, this ain't gonna help:

https://www.cnn.com/...-comments/index.html

A few months ago I watched with stupefaction as the rouble lost more than 50% of its value in 3 weeks. It's now trading higher than it was pre-invasion. I know the situations are barely comparable but it was a reminder that big movements almost always have an emotional component and very often that emotional component gets corrected over time. I'm not convinced there's an easy answer to what "correct" means w/r/t to crypto, but I'm tempted to have a flutter for the first time.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: Where's everyone at with crypto? [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bretom wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

A few months ago I watched with stupefaction as the rouble lost more than 50% of its value in 3 weeks. It's now trading higher than it was pre-invasion. I know the situations are barely comparable but it was a reminder that big movements almost always have an emotional component and very often that emotional component gets corrected over time. I'm not convinced there's an easy answer to what "correct" means w/r/t to crypto, but I'm tempted to have a flutter for the first time.

If one of the larger exchanges goes, which means that a bunch of people are going to lose lots of their crypto on that exchange, it could cause lots of people to realize that these exchanges are not actually going to protect them like any regulated financial institution. People are going to sell to protect their money, which will drive prices down even more. Then we have an old fashion bank run as people exit before they lose everything.

You are right that emotions have a huge impact on market prices. But crypto requires a constant stream of new buyers, if not the miners can’t cash out and pay their bills. The ruble just needs a 1 to 1 exchange for buyers and sellers, not constant new blood.
Quote Reply
Re: Where's everyone at with crypto? [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed.

But think we haven't yet seen the end of volatility for either the ruble or crypto. Lots of interesting developments are still well ahead.

But such a negative prognosis from Mr Gates definitely puts a damper on things.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: spudone: Jun 15, 22 11:22
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

Help what?

Burn it with fire. It’s a fascist project and a national security threat.

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Where's everyone at with crypto? [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Bretom wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

If one of the larger exchanges goes, which means that a bunch of people are going to lose lots of their crypto on that exchange, it could cause lots of people to realize that these exchanges are not actually going to protect them like any regulated financial institution. People are going to sell to protect their money, which will drive prices down even more. Then we have an old fashion bank run as people exit before they lose everything.

You are right that emotions have a huge impact on market prices. But crypto requires a constant stream of new buyers, if not the miners can’t cash out and pay their bills. The ruble just needs a 1 to 1 exchange for buyers and sellers, not constant new blood.

Um Mt. Gox blew up quite spectacularly awhile ago and there are always plenty of newcomers who haven't learned their lesson.

The “greater fool theory” meets “constructal theory”.

E

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Where's everyone at with crypto? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's that?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
What's that?

You need more and greater fools to keep the scam going.

You need easier and easier access to to the “flow” (see my dynamics of flow post) for a network (or system, or machine, or life form) to persist over time.

What’s flowing in crypto? It’s not money.

E

Quote Reply
Re: Where's everyone at with crypto? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's flowing in crypto ?

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

Capture.

More and greater fools (human capital), illicit social capital, illicit political capital, illicit trafficked and laundered money, illicit molecules.

Same as always.

The network requires more and easier access to the flow to continue existing.

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

Organized crime.

https://www.bloomberg.com/...ecoin-pyramid-scheme

Quote Reply
Re: Where's everyone at with crypto? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in a huge minus now and not sure that something will change to be honest.
Quote Reply
Re: Where's everyone at with crypto? [MitchMcCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put $1000 into ether about two months ago for shits and giggles. It’s worth $600.

It’s been more shits than giggles.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Where's everyone at with crypto? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crypto is junk money. Its just another gambling medium. Nothing wrong with testing the waters, just like buying a lottery ticket, but don't go overboard. Like many things gambling related, it's easy to get hooked. Some come out ahead, but most loose.
Quote Reply
Re: Where's everyone at with crypto? [NealH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NealH wrote:
Crypto is junk money. Its just another gambling medium. Nothing wrong with testing the waters, just like buying a lottery ticket, but don't go overboard. Like many things gambling related, it's easy to get hooked. Some come out ahead, but most loose.

I won’t be putting more in. Really just a pure gamble for me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MitchMcCrown wrote:
I am in a huge minus now and not sure that something will change to be honest.

Unfortunately, this ain't gonna make you feel better:

(Read article text:)
https://www.reddit.com/...oin_is_worse_than_a/

--
Quote Reply
Re: Where's everyone at with crypto? [NealH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NealH wrote:

It’s not a gambling medium, it’s a voter suppression medium, a radicalization medium.
Me

Quote Reply
Re: Where's everyone at with crypto? [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nowhere at the moment but i am sure it will change pretty quick.
I just started to learn this subject deeper and even thinking of purchasing a poland crypto license. I think it will help me to provide for my family well and not only that. One thing i am for sure - people still gonna trade for a while, so that is not going anywhere.
Last edited by: MitchMcCrown: Jul 4, 22 1:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My personal belief is that Bitcoin is a "foolish speculator" proxy (almost like an index).

That as long as Bitcoin is > $1.00- investment assets (stocks, higher paying bonds, investment real estate) ... these assets are in an bubble.

I am not soo certain, however, that Bitcoin needs to fall below $1.00. The current price of $16,000 represents a 75% decline from the peak.

I am not really interested in what "foolish speculators" have to say on this topic.

But everyone else...

Do you think stocks, higher yielding bonds, real estate- can reach capitulation if Bitcoin is stuck in a trading range near where it is , or moving very slowly towards $1.00.
Last edited by: Velocibuddha: Nov 9, 22 13:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MitchMcCrown wrote:
Nowhere at the moment but i am sure it will change pretty quick.
I just started to learn this subject deeper and even thinking of purchasing a poland crypto license. I think it will help me to provide for my family well and not only that. One thing i am for sure - people still gonna trade for a while, so that is not going anywhere.

Haha, I clicked on that link and got instant "run like hell" vibes. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Where's everyone at with crypto? [Velocibuddha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even the well established players are playing games https://nyti.ms/3hseHNT - Bitance extended a non-binding LOI to bail out FTX and a day later (less?) retracted it. It's hard to see how this turns into something that's sustainable over the long run when the actual financials of so many of the major players are a mess.
Quote Reply
Re: Where's everyone at with crypto? [shoff14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shoff14 wrote:

Just reposting this.
Quote Reply
Re: Where's everyone at with crypto? [shoff14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shoff14 wrote:
shoff14 wrote:

Just reposting this.

I bought some Ether in the "Capitulation" phase. $1000 just for shits and giggles. Still more shits than giggles at this point.

Quote Reply
Re: Where's everyone at with crypto? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha,, for me I bought coin base in the bull trap phase, and then didnt have any sells on it and rode it down to here. It is up the past couple days, but would have to do that for a year straight to get back to normal. Stupid me thought that actual crypto was too volatile, and went with the exchange that had market oversight on it. Probably the only reason it is going up now.
Quote Reply

Prev Next