Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Paris Water Quality [Ironrav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironrav wrote:
Agreed, but there should be a Plan B.
100%. They knew how ambitious of a plan this was and to not explore any sort of Plan B is absolutely insane.
Quote Reply
Re: Paris Water Quality [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
I share the sentiment, but there are probably a million legal and regulatory intricacies and obstacles involved in planning another "optional" course.
A Plan B at this late stage would certainly be tricky. No, my epic face palm of mega-dumb decision making dates back to 8 years ago, when the Paris Olympic Committee said they would stage the swimming events in the Seine as part of their bid. Nucking Futz.
Quote Reply
Re: Paris Water Quality [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
kajet wrote:
I share the sentiment, but there are probably a million legal and regulatory intricacies and obstacles involved in planning another "optional" course.
A Plan B at this late stage would certainly be tricky. No, my epic face palm of mega-dumb decision making dates back to 8 years ago, when the Paris Olympic Committee said they would stage the swimming events in the Seine as part of their bid. Nucking Futz.
Someone corrects me but I think the same issue happened in Rio 16. The first option was Rodrigo de Freitas lake? but after some time they dismissed the option and sent the race to the ocean.

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Re: Paris Water Quality [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
Ironrav wrote:
Agreed, but there should be a Plan B.

100%. They knew how ambitious of a plan this was and to not explore any sort of Plan B is absolutely insane.

They do have a plan B, it's just a plan that neither of us likes. (To reschedule the event; plan C is to do a duathlon.)

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: Paris Water Quality [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like water quality will be the least of their worries:

Quote Reply
Re: Paris Water Quality [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It has rained every day this week and water quality has gone down!!!!!!! Just saying.
Quote Reply
Re: Paris Water Quality [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SheridanTris wrote:
It has rained every day this week and water quality has gone down!!!!!!! Just saying.
Can you share where this is reported, ideally with quantitative basis.
Here's an article which gives excellent detail:
https://www.paris.fr/...-water-quality-27101
Quote Reply
Re: Paris Water Quality [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Living in a different french-speaking city with a river, it's not unusual for the runoff/overflow after a rainfall to affect water quality. It is typically clean enough to swim 48 hours after a very large rainfall (and probably less - that's the 'rule of thumb'). That's the cool thing about rivers: they are not stagnant.

Quote Reply

Prev Next