Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisb12 wrote:
When will GB announce team?

They had their selection meeting yesterday. I thought it was announced tomorrow but I think the athletes have been told and they then have a couple of days to appeal the decision.

I think Jack Maitland said 10th for the official announcement. If there are no appeals it could be earlier I suppose.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [jcgiraSHT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow Luis has just posted on Instagram. His final quote is “I am Vincent Luis and it seems my federation doesn’t need me anymore”
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SheridanTris wrote:
Wow Luis has just posted on Instagram. His final quote is “I am Vincent Luis and it seems my federation doesn’t need me anymore”

Yeah, that one hits in the guts.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SheridanTris wrote:

I understand why he’s upset but there were 4 high quality athletes for 3 spots. Someone was going to be upset no matter what
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SheridanTris wrote:
Vincent Luis misses out they have gone with Bergere and Coninx
nice thats obviously the 3 that deserve it
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [CaliB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaliB wrote:
Announcement will be here: https://www.youtube.com/live/aV5q_W584Ms

Really recommend watching "Brillons a Paris" (latest episode here: https://www.youtube.com/...nF7W68Q&index=17 ; English subtitles available)...

Thanks.for posting both links. The French selection reveal video was hard to watch from a technical pov. At least for me, sound and video were out of sync and there were pauses while they got their stuff together. No better than my work Zoom meetings. 😀
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [jcgiraSHT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jcgiraSHT wrote:
So Luis is out
it's Bergere, Coninx and Le Corre, but i guess Luis will keep training in case Dorian can not recover in time.

It’s not really in question whether he’ll recover enough to be able to race.

I think the question is if he’s going to be able to get fit. Athletes cannot get subbed just because they’re not in medal winning form.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
SheridanTris wrote:
I understand why he’s upset but there were 4 high quality athletes for 3 spots. Someone was going to be upset no matter what
You'd hope an athlete of his calibre and experience could manage his communications with better style.

Edit: I've now seen Luis' full 'statement' and your quote is his last line. So I think the context he offers: read it here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/C71aG5QIIZi/
is far more reasonable and the last line is just expressing sadness rather than revealing petulance.

He must have realised (for many months) this selection was the likely decision.
I assume Fédération Française de Triathlon (FFTRI) will want Luis as stand by, in the team training/holding camp. Man, that team dynamic/spirit will be taught, or maybe this is an angleterre (moi) not understanding l'emotion française.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/aV5q_W584Ms @24:00 for the men.

Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Jun 5, 24 7:30
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seemed like a spur of the moment post but all four knew one of them was going to end up with a heartbreak. The question is now do they even have a single medal contender.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:
Seemed like a spur of the moment post but all four knew one of them was going to end up with a heartbreak. The question is now do they even have a single medal contender.
Yes, four of the 6 will surely win medals, and those have a great chance of being coloured gold.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree. It's a lot more measured than the last sentence out of context.
If you watch the Brillons a Paris series (by the French Federation) and the interviews of Vincent, it seems he was well prepared for this outcome and ready to move on although he may have had a glimmer of hope when Dorian crashed. In his - not so recent - interview on how they train, he also seemed close to done with short course and mentioned Leo as the most likely to fill his shoes.
His disappointment is still very understandable and it has to be hard when you've been so successful and brought so much to your country. Now, given his form and experience, with a few more weeks of training I personally think he'd have an unlikely but better shot at the podium than Pierre but Pierre was the most consistent and ticked all the boxes. Dorian seems to be back in training full speed and not stressed about his crash. From the outside it seems that the French federation is a lot closer to the athletes than most other federations and following their training actively so they probably know what they're doing.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [CaliB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Seth was always going to get the pick ahead of Matt so no surprises.

Both Taylors were a done deal. I can see what they are doing with Kristin but not sure if it is the right way to go. They are looking for lead pack swimmers who can stay for the ride but the problem with that is none of them are 1st class runners.

I would have picked Gwen to cover all bases but I am an old fart who knows nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
Engner66 wrote:
Yes, four of the 6 will surely win medals, and those have a great chance of being coloured gold.

I guess he meant the men in the individual race, and I tend to agree with him.
MTR is a shoe in, unless they mess up somehow.
Quote Reply

Prev Next