Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sam Laidlow Announces ITA Investigation [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
This thread is an absolute shit show! We've has a couple of big races on today which no one is arsed about, just speculate on whether someone is doping or not.

This isn't going to do the sport any good at all, especially when we're now triathlon is getting a lot more investment and big races.

I wonder how much of this is tribalism, cos he's pissed off two of the more popular triathletes!

This!

The only thing heā€™s proven guilty of is to ā€˜banditā€™ a swim in 2022 and to write a harsh post in his defense yesterday.

Wait & sit guys, weā€™ll know more as soon as practically possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Laidlow Announces ITA Investigation [rainstorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rainstorm wrote:
He acts so weird, last time when Collin got busted he couldn't race PTO cause he had to move a couch šŸ˜‚ he is so self incriminating. Like you really didn't need to go on The Triathlon Hour and tell the world you love Jan cause he introduced you to a medical center that improved your blood parameters. I swear he was just yapping to everyone about how he gets his blood done up real good and at least one person is going to snitch if you tell enough people. He was literally half a step away from announcing on a podcast that he gets a script for testosterone patches. That's just my suspicion of what happened, he was just yapping. He definitely has never been stopped by police, don't incriminate yourself man šŸ˜‚

This is rewriting history, Collin was injured and then got popped. Not sure he would have been fit to race if he hadn't.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Laidlow Announces ITA Investigation [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mean Sam didn't race cause he had to move a couch after Collin got busted. Not sure what you mean.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahhh...got it. Disregard.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
This thread is an absolute shit show! We've had a couple of big races on today which no one is arsed about, just speculate on whether someone is doping or not.
I wonder how much of this is tribalism, cos he's pissed off two of the more popular triathletes!
A couple? Well how did those 4 races go for you?
I had IM Portugal on Outside and after the first few ravens, I brought ST up to keep me sane(r) and see whether the speculation was flagging. Counter-intuitively the Outside commercial breaks were a godsend.
The Challenge race was on their difficult to manage splits page and was good to see a real fight there.
During Portugal's PierrĆ© and Madsen/Stratman/Lewis ride off I could get first the women's and then the men's SL Neom races (which I could pause unlike 'Outside') and enjoy the Enduro format (bravo to Beaugrand and BergĆØre), interspersed with seeing how Heemeryk and Magnien chased down that front 3 and whether Lange could/would and whether Brownlee would remain 'in it to win it' (he didn't).
So close in Stade de France. We woz robbed.
Who is the other "more popular triathlete"? His dad?
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Laidlow Announces ITA Investigation [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you think you are innocent whatā€™s wrong with putting your accuser in a put up or shut up position,

I have zero skin in this arguement but alot of people seem to have thrown Sam to the wolves with zero to back it up where we currently stand.

What makes Rudi/Family more trustworthy than Sam/Family?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
This thread is an absolute shit show! We've has a couple of big races on today which no one is arsed about, just speculate on whether someone is doping or not.

This isn't going to do the sport any good at all, especially when we're now triathlon is getting a lot more investment and big races.

Itā€™s not much tribalism, itā€™s the macabre human instinct to rubberneck. The kidā€™s post was just unhinged, smearing, accusing, ā€œmy feet grew because I was malnourished beforeā€?! Had he won at Kona his victory may have received a lot more doubters. I think he was shielded from that by the novelty of Nice and little to compare to. Sadly, all of endurance sport is tainted and will always be. As far orgs investing more money for prize purses and contracts, that will only increase the motivation to cheat or live in that very gray area. More money more problems.
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Laidlow Announces ITA Investigation [Boston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

15 sept. 2023 16:25

Funny i saw this post from after the IM in Nice, this account celebrating french sport wins associated Laidlow and Jalabert

Laidlow wrote : I appreciate the poste but i really do not want to be linked with someone who cheated the sport, I have worked too hard to be associated with him. Although he may be a great athlete we clearly don't have the same value.

Apart from this, maybe he has doped, mabye he has not, but as previously stated, the fact that he spoke up, is against him. But to keep silent would also have been blamed. The one thing he could improve on is his PR.

Horseau was great in the Lanza fiasco and posted on IG a very carefully worded post trying not to anger anybody.
I think his (Horseau's) GF may have not been so careful, but it it is hard for those closely involved to remain quiet, especially for the younger generation who is so used to the social network (whereas we still use this forum...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:

In your opinion, if the investigation results in a ban of the reigning world champion for doping, is it good or bad for the sport?
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Laidlow Announces ITA Investigation [lyla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lyla wrote:
Jackets wrote:

Itā€™s not much tribalism, itā€™s the macabre human instinct to rubberneck. The kidā€™s post was just unhinged, smearing, accusing, ā€œmy feet grew because I was malnourished beforeā€?! Had he won at Kona his victory may have received a lot more doubters. I think he was shielded from that by the novelty of Nice and little to compare to. Sadly, all of endurance sport is tainted and will always be. As far orgs investing more money for prize purses and contracts, that will only increase the motivation to cheat or live in that very gray area. More money more problems.

He podiumed last year, it shouldn't have really been a shock unless Blum and Iden went all in on this race.
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Laidlow Announces ITA Investigation [lyla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lyla wrote:
Jackets wrote:

The feet growing comment was super weird cause he also put the condition that his feet only "grew very slightly". He's like they didn't grow THAT much like people were gonna quantify how much his feet grew to see if it was in the natural limits. I feel like we need a before and after of his feet now to see if it's actually within natural limits šŸ˜‚ nobody would be thinking any of this though if he didn't tell everyone šŸ˜‚
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Laidlow Announces ITA Investigation [Michal_CH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Michal_CH wrote:
Jackets wrote:

This!

The only thing heā€™s proven guilty of is to ā€˜banditā€™ a swim in 2022 and to write a harsh post in his defense yesterday.

ST is a funny place..Sam wins the Ironman World Champ's and there has been barley any interest and discussion about his performance that day or since. There is a hint of doping thrown his way and suddenly ST is all over it. Maybe we should throw some shade at Rico Bogen so people here will finally talk about him as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some of the allegations date back to Kona 2022 though...

Anyway, he has no business being outraged. No one publicly accused him of anything so he did not need to publicly address anything. Those that made reports against him used the correct channels, they didn't go to Instragram and to rant about it.

If he's confident that the accusations are bullshit, let the investigation take its course and then publicly address the allegations. By him coming out ahead of this, one can assume that the ITA investigation is in a somewhat advanced phase, it doesn't look like it's going too well for him and by going public with threats and naming names he's trying to intimidate anyone else who might be collaborating with the investigators. A page out of the Lance Armstrong playbook or just being stupid/impulsive/badly advised...? We'll find out at some point.

Jackets wrote:
lyla wrote:
Jackets wrote:

He podiumed last year, it shouldn't have really been a shock unless Blum and Iden went all in on this race.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Laidlow Announces ITA Investigation [G. Belson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People are completed fucked off with doping in sport, tired of the same old bullshit - athlete gets investigated, angrily denies it, declaring it a witch-hunt etc etc ad nauseum, results come back positive and gets banned. Perhaps if 50/60% of the time said athlete's results were negative and it was all a mistake then you could criticise those for speculating. But that isn't the case. virtually every one of them that is investigated or accused returns positive samples and those that don't its because there was some flaw in the testing and they get away with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This place needs a like button - this one made me smile
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Laidlow Announces ITA Investigation [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
Jackets wrote:
This thread is an absolute shit show! We've had a couple of big races on today which no one is arsed about, just speculate on whether someone is doping or not.
I had IM Portugal on Outside and after the first few ravens, I brought ST up to keep me sane(r) and see whether the speculation was flagging. Counter-intuitively the Outside commercial breaks were a godsend.
The Challenge race was on their difficult to manage splits page and was good to see a real fight there.
During Portugal's PierrĆ© and Madsen/Stratman/Lewis ride off I could get first the women's and then the men's SL Neom races (which I could pause unlike 'Outside') and enjoy the Enduro format (bravo to Beaugrand and BergĆØre), interspersed with seeing how Heemeryk and Magnien chased down that front 3 and whether Lange could/would and whether Brownlee would remain 'in it to win it' (he didn't).

Robbed? England didnā€™t get close to scoring a try. Last 15 minutes were good but England play such boring rugby
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Laidlow Announces ITA Investigation [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replying to no one in particular...

Just read Von Berg Sr's reply to Sam...

If, as Sr says, this is simply about an email that was accidentally shared with Sam, then how did it get to the ITA as a complaint/tip?
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Laidlow Announces ITA Investigation [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no opinion on Sam-thats what the investigations are for, but at the same time people instantly labelling anyone who performs as a drug cheat is just pathetic.

This sport has a history of rejects transitioning across, even LCB isn't a pure triathlete. she was a 'failed' swimmer. Its only recently we have had kids who have trained specifically from a young age for this sport like Blu, Iden and Laidlow, and people are shocked that there are performance increase?? FFS its hilarious that people can't bridge the gap between years of specificity versus a late age reject crossover.

Even the 'tri gods' of Mark Allen and Dave Scott have been saying for years the times were too slow. People start actually gong faster and people lose their minds...
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Laidlow Announces ITA Investigation [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
Jackets wrote:

Robbed? England didnā€™t get close to scoring a try. Last 15 minutes were good but England play such boring rugby

England should have gone for the corner a few times...BUT. Ben O'Keeffe robbed France and he robbed England. He was okay ish until the last 5 minutes when he started giving the Boks every call. That last scrum penalty? Should have been against South Africa, George's knee was not on the ground. Andrew Porter should call up World Rugby and get everything back from last week if that is how we're interpreting the scrum.

But the worst insult? You cannot call a mark when you've stepped over the 22. Where was the TMO? What a shambles of two matches from that guy. But at least Barnes gets his final and there will be no referee idiocy next week.

Quote Reply
Re: Sam Laidlow Announces ITA Investigation [Baysically] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Baysically wrote:
Jackets wrote:

In your opinion, if the investigation results in a ban of the reigning world champion for doping, is it good or bad for the sport?

I would say good. I donā€™t think anyone thinks the sport is totally clean, so it would be good to catch a cheater. I know if I was a clean pro Iā€™d love it anytime a cheater got caught.

The interesting thing will be IF he is found guilty will IM strip him of his title and bump everyone up a place.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Laidlow Announces ITA Investigation [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An Irishman sent me this before the match:

"Lord Nelson wore a red tunic so if he were shot in action his troops would not see his blood and become demoralised.

In a kit change announced for Saturday evening, England will wear brown shorts."

Not a rugby fan, but thought it was funny.
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Laidlow Announces ITA Investigation [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
user wrote:

I would say good. I donā€™t think anyone thinks the sport is totally clean, so it would be good to catch a cheater. I know if I was a clean pro Iā€™d love it anytime a cheater got caught.

You know what would be even better? Being a dirty as shit pro competing with dirty as shit pros and causing a firestorm over having another pro investigated for violations you all but know to be true. All while getting away with it yourself.

I'm not uncertain that triathlon is a doping cesspool. But I wish we could just become a sport more like weightlifting where everyone talks about their gear and progress and encourages another. Triathlon is too competitive for doping rings, which is why we have "mates" turning when things get bitter among childlike athletic stars
Last edited by: Baysically: Oct 21, 23 17:24
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Laidlow Announces ITA Investigation [Baysically] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The drugs that triathletes use are too dangerous to be unregulated like bodybuilding though. You can die from high amounts of red blood cells. They at least need to pass the tests even if they're allowed to talk about it and do it so the dosages don't become outrageous

I also wonder what happened for Sam to get on everyone's bad side.
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Laidlow Announces ITA Investigation [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
Michal_CH wrote:
Jackets wrote:

This!

ST is a funny place..Sam wins the Ironman World Champ's and there has been barley any interest and discussion about his performance that day or since. There is a hint of doping thrown his way and suddenly ST is all over it. Maybe we should throw some shade at Rico Bogen so people here will finally talk about him as well.

Talk and conversations are usually about what went wrong so for Sams race in Nice you can't really say anything negative. hence why Lionel gets so much coverage, he labels his own mistakes on youtube. same as the Dallas cowboys.

I would like to discuss the use of rugs at finish lines??? WHY do we have them Nooka tripped today and I hate running on them never trust a lump underneath.

Also Rico has two tough weeks feel of his bike last week into T2 and no proper bike gear of his own this week, due to baggage but off the bike with the lead and ran solid into 3 rd.

It seems like we have a group that all see each other every race in USA, lang, jackson, sanders, foley, etc.
and then a group now in Europe. rico, ali, funk and mathis. etc

Lange also made a big mistake in t2 today not finding his bike rack or something lost 5-6 min he said??? usually they take your bike so , not sure how this happened.

Ok all caught up back to

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Laidlow Announces ITA Investigation [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
Michal_CH wrote:
Jackets wrote:

This!

Doping is like a drama thriller lol
Quote Reply

Prev Next