Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eric,
think I got the picture attached.
cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Jdkjr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jdkjr wrote:
Eric,
think I got the picture attached.
cheers

I think your position is really solid. That said if you can keep your head in line with your body you could come up to the 615mm of the P5 and it might be an aero neutral change.

Make sense?

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, you say make the compromise on height and not on length. Why would you suggest the 58 and not the 56?
Do you see any benefit from p5 over px, or p3x or vice versa, size wise?
Thanks again
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Jdkjr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dear Eric,

I'm 1,83m and my inseam is almost 88.5 cm.
Below you can see my measurements from a bike fitter. Currently I ride a P3 from 2015 in size 56 (and I must say that I am at the lower limit. I have adjusted everything, it fits me so just). Since I sit very compressed and have been riding like this for a decade, I need help as I am looking to buy the Cervelo P5 disc. I am wavering between 56 and 54. Due to the Armpad Reach BB of 422 I think a 54er frame is more suitable, but then the riser would have to be extended properly. Fits? What height would you recommend me? Thank you very much for your professional advice.

Many greetings
Mikka

Edit: Maybe I need to add to my 56 P3 from 2015:
I sit with the saddle on the support at the very front, there is no more clearance.
And with the armpad I am (Profile F35) quite in front.
The P5 disc has 6 millimeters more reach. I'm just not sure if I take the P5 disc in 54, whether the riser would have to be pulled out so far
Last edited by: Mikka H.: Sep 9, 22 8:43
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Mikka H.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mikka H. wrote:
Dear Eric,

I'm 1,83m and my inseam is almost 88.5 cm.
Below you can see my measurements from a bike fitter. Currently I ride a P3 from 2015 in size 56 (and I must say that I am at the lower limit. I have adjusted everything, it fits me so just). Since I sit very compressed and have been riding like this for a decade, I need help as I am looking to buy the Cervelo P5 disc. I am wavering between 56 and 54. Due to the Armpad Reach BB of 422 I think a 54er frame is more suitable, but then the riser would have to be extended properly. Fits? What height would you recommend me? Thank you very much for your professional advice.

Many greetings
Mikka

Edit: Maybe I need to add to my 56 P3 from 2015:
I sit with the saddle on the support at the very front, there is no more clearance.
And with the armpad I am (Profile F35) quite in front.
The P5 disc has 6 millimeters more reach. I'm just not sure if I take the P5 disc in 54, whether the riser would have to be pulled out so far

Hi Mikka, thanks for reaching out.

You’re right, you could do either a 54cm or 56cm in the P5d.

You would be fine on a 54cm, there is no penalty or danger having the mono riser extended. That said, I tend to lean towards getting the longer bike in case your fit evolves into a longer position. Maybe you’ve been riding “compressed” because you didn’t have a long enough bike, and you’d be limited by a 54cm if you were to evolve.

If you did get the 56cm, you could get as low as ~ 595mm and as long as 525mm, so quite a lot of room to grow.

If you’re absolutely SURE you don’t change, a 54cm will do fine, you’d still be able to get longer and lower.

Make sense?

E

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/quote]

Hi Mikka, thanks for reaching out.

You’re right, you could do either a 54cm or 56cm in the P5d.

You would be fine on a 54cm, there is no penalty or danger having the mono riser extended. That said, I tend to lean towards getting the longer bike in case your fit evolves into a longer position. Maybe you’ve been riding “compressed” because you didn’t have a long enough bike, and you’d be limited by a 54cm if you were to evolve.

If you did get the 56cm, you could get as low as ~ 595mm and as long as 525mm, so quite a lot of room to grow.

If you’re absolutely SURE you don’t change, a 54cm will do fine, you’d still be able to get longer and lower.

Make sense?

E[/quote]

Thank you very much for the professional assessment.
I am 56 years old and I am certainly not getting any more mobile. I have been driving this position since 2011 and have always done quite well with it. Before that I rode lower but couldn't get enough pressure due to the small hip angle. The new position was then an awakening for me, I could also run better afterwards. Previously I also sat more stretched than now, problem was neck pain.
I think that to get a little lower, I can move the riser down. And forward I have yes with the pad still room to maneuver. Then I will commit to size 54. Thank you for this professional assessment
Mikka

Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Mikka H.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What crank arm length was used for your fit?
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
What crank arm length was used for your fit?

172,5 or 175
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should have been tested with 155mm cranks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:

155?
That is really short. Why I should do this?
Many regards
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mikka H. wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:

155?
That is really short. Why I should do this?
Many regards

155mm is probably the standard length for someone like you… this is the new contemporaneous common understanding or conventional wisdom around crank sizing… it makes good, optimized positions possible by eliminating problems caused by hip angle closure, which you mentioned.

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thank you, I will think about it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mikka H. wrote:
thank you, I will think about it

For reference, I’m 6’2” and use 165mm cranks.

If I had to do a new fit, I bet I’d go down to 160mm as I become older and less powerful.

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'2" and on 155's. Have been for six years. I'm old and not as flexible as I once was
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Greatzaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greatzaa wrote:
I'm 6'2" and on 155's. Have been for six years. I'm old and not as flexible as I once was

I feel the same way. I’m getting older too and am 6’2” and will probably switch to 160mm cranks next Ironman build.

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Eric, I posted this in a QR thread, but I also have a chance of getting a 56CM 2016 P3, so I want your take on whether or not it would be too big for me:

I have been riding a 51CM 2008 Orbea Ordu for about a year, looking to get an upgrade.
While I have made my bike work for me, I do think it is a little too small - here are the specs on it:

I am 175.25cm tall. Approx 81.28cm inseam.
I have never gotten a bike fitting before, but its mostly because I knew my bike wasn't the one I was going to keep for a long time, not to mention its always felt a little bit small.
I am a powerlifter who does duathlons/triathlons on the side - I really enjoy it, but I am not much of an "aero" person. Here's a picture from this past weekend's event:

I could measure out my current stack height and whatnot, but its probably not set correctly at the moment. While I don't have any pains while riding, the biggest problem I have found is that I don't feel like I have enough power in the aero position. My legs tend to have to flare out when they are at the top of the stroke because then they would hit my stomach. I am on 175mm cranks, I would imagine going down to 170 or lower is probably necessary as well - but would a bigger bike help offset this?

Let me know what you think - and thank you for your help!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Phishy714] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Phishy714 wrote:
Hello Eric, I posted this in a QR thread, but I also have a chance of getting a 56CM 2016 P3, so I want your take on whether or not it would be too big for me:

I have been riding a 51CM 2008 Orbea Ordu for about a year, looking to get an upgrade.
While I have made my bike work for me, I do think it is a little too small - here are the specs on it:

I am 175.25cm tall. Approx 81.28cm inseam.
I have never gotten a bike fitting before, but its mostly because I knew my bike wasn't the one I was going to keep for a long time, not to mention its always felt a little bit small.
I am a powerlifter who does duathlons/triathlons on the side - I really enjoy it, but I am not much of an "aero" person. Here's a picture from this past weekend's event:

I could measure out my current stack height and whatnot, but its probably not set correctly at the moment. While I don't have any pains while riding, the biggest problem I have found is that I don't feel like I have enough power in the aero position. My legs tend to have to flare out when they are at the top of the stroke because then they would hit my stomach. I am on 175mm cranks, I would imagine going down to 170 or lower is probably necessary as well - but would a bigger bike help offset this?

Let me know what you think - and thank you for your help!!!

Hi, thanks for reaching out.

That bike looks to be three sizes too small for you, so a 56cm Cervelo P3 could easily work for you. I’d also go no bigger than 165mm cranks. What you’re describing are classic bad cranks / bad saddle problems and are very fixable.

Just because you’re only doing triathlon on the side doesn’t mean you can’t let the bike do some of the work for you. A proper saddle, crank length, and frame size could do wonders for you.

Make sense?

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

Here are my stats:
Height: 179 cm
Inseam: 85.9 cm

Saddle Height: 75.8 cm
BB Center to Saddle Tip: 2.5cm
Stack: 67.5 cm
Armrest Width: 33 cm
Saddle to Shifter: 86 cm
Reach: 47.5 cm

Thank you for your help!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I'm looking into buying my first tri bike. I see a well equipped 2018 Cervelo P3 available near me. It's a 51cm which is the same as my BMC road bike. I don't know my pad X, Y, & Z #'s but hoping you can help me get those and see if this bike might be a fit (and worth a road trip to go check it out). Thx
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [allblacks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
allblacks wrote:
Hi,
I'm looking into buying my first tri bike. I see a well equipped 2018 Cervelo P3 available near me. It's a 51cm which is the same as my BMC road bike. I don't know my pad X, Y, & Z #'s but hoping you can help me get those and see if this bike might be a fit (and worth a road trip to go check it out). Thx

Can you give me any details? How tall are you, what’s your inseam, etc?

Thanks
Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5'7"; 30.5 inch inseam. Thx
Last edited by: allblacks: Nov 5, 22 14:35
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [DonutMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DonutMan wrote:
Hello,

Here are my stats:
Height: 179 cm
Inseam: 85.9 cm

Saddle Height: 75.8 cm
BB Center to Saddle Tip: 2.5cm
Stack: 67.5 cm
Armrest Width: 33 cm
Saddle to Shifter: 86 cm
Reach: 47.5 cm

Thank you for your help!

Hi thanks for reaching out.

With a pad stack of 675mm and a pad reach of 475mm you’re either a 56cm or 58cm P5d.

On the 56cm, you’d be more forward in the range of possible positions

Make sense?

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

That bike looks to be three sizes too small for you, so a 56cm Cervelo P3 could easily work for you. I’d also go no bigger than 165mm cranks. What you’re describing are classic bad cranks / bad saddle problems and are very fixable.

Just because you’re only doing triathlon on the side doesn’t mean you can’t let the bike do some of the work for you. A proper saddle, crank length, and frame size could do wonders for you.

Make sense?

Eric

Eric! I was able to get my hands on that 2016 Cervelo P3 56CM.
After building it and riding it around for a couple weeks, I thought I had a good position. No pains or anything, which makes me think that I should do what works, but I have a feeling I could be a bit better. My back is naturally rounded a bit, so what you see below is actually comfortable.This is what I looked like before I changed stuff around:

Basically saw that I was reaching a bit so I lowered my saddle a little bit and moved it forward a bit as well. Unfortunately I didn't write down the dimensions before hand.
This is what I look like after:

Again, I feel like my ankle angle is angled too much, but in this position I feel like my knees are going into my stomach a bit too much. On the top of the stroke, I feel like they flare out to the side a bit. While this is not necessarily a bad thing, I think I prefer the taller position because I don't experience this.

As the bike sits now like this, here are the dimensions:

For reference, once again I am 175.25cm tall. Approx 81.28cm inseam.

Thanks for all your help!!
Last edited by: Phishy714: Nov 10, 22 11:11
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Phishy714] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Phishy714 wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

Make sense?

Eric

Eric! I was able to get my hands on that 2016 Cervelo P3 56CM.
After building it and riding it around for a couple weeks, I thought I had a good position. No pains or anything, which makes me think that I should do what works, but I have a feeling I could be a bit better. My back is naturally rounded a bit, so what you see below is actually comfortable.This is what I looked like before I changed stuff around:

Basically saw that I was reaching a bit so I lowered my saddle a little bit and moved it forward a bit as well. Unfortunately I didn't write down the dimensions before hand.
This is what I look like after:

Again, I feel like my ankle angle is angled too much, but in this position I feel like my knees are going into my stomach a bit too much. On the top of the stroke, I feel like they flare out to the side a bit. While this is not necessarily a bad thing, I think I prefer the taller position because I don't experience this.

As the bike sits now like this, here are the dimensions:

For reference, once again I am 175.25cm tall. Approx 81.28cm inseam.

Thanks for all your help!!

What’s the crank length on the new bike?

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/quote]

What’s the crank length on the new bike?

Eric[/quote]

Crank length is 165mm
Stem is 75mm - 80mm I think.
I have a 100mm and 110mm as well.
Last edited by: Phishy714: Nov 11, 22 5:29
Quote Reply

Prev Next