Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Looks like Ironman is switching from Gatorade Endurance to Mortal Hydration for US races [Tribike53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tribike53 wrote:
timbasile wrote:
MI_Mumps wrote:
Concentrated bottle of Dr. Harrison’s Potent Potion helped me to my best 70.3. So darn simple…sugar and sodium citrate.

What are you doing about the run? On the bike, you can have a concentrated solution and then mix with water but that's harder on the run.

Coke! Tons of carbs/cals in that stuff

Is the on-course Coke flat? Otherwise that would just destroy my stomach. I'll be sticking to salt/water every aid station plus gels for my carbs.
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like Ironman is switching from Gatorade Endurance to Mortal Hydration for US races [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Th4ddy wrote:

Is the on-course Coke flat?...........

Do you have a recipe for flat Coke?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like Ironman is switching from Gatorade Endurance to Mortal Hydration for US races [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Th4ddy wrote:
Tribike53 wrote:
timbasile wrote:
MI_Mumps wrote:
Concentrated bottle of Dr. Harrison’s Potent Potion helped me to my best 70.3. So darn simple…sugar and sodium citrate.

What are you doing about the run? On the bike, you can have a concentrated solution and then mix with water but that's harder on the run.

Coke! Tons of carbs/cals in that stuff

Is the on-course Coke flat? Otherwise that would just destroy my stomach. I'll be sticking to salt/water every aid station plus gels for my carbs.

IME, "flatish" Probably about 1/2 the CO2 level of a fresh can, but far from fully flat.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like Ironman is switching from Gatorade Endurance to Mortal Hydration for US races [E_DUB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
E_DUB wrote:
Word on the street that while they are looking for a Gatorade replacement. This is NOT it ( at this time) and it will not be on course for Oceanside or Texas. We will all the the pleasure of drinking non branded gatorade.

Interesting. I ordered a Gatorade endurance mix just last week so I have it for Oceanside.

Now I'm anxious to find out what they will have on the course so I can plan accordingly.
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like Ironman is switching from Gatorade Endurance to Mortal Hydration for US races [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just had to get rid of my bottle from that race - it was a sad day since it lasted so long.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like Ironman is switching from Gatorade Endurance to Mortal Hydration for US races [Savage8778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had to check the date because I thought this was an April fools joke.

New CEO is off to a great start.
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like Ironman is switching from Gatorade Endurance to Mortal Hydration for US races [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FWIW, I ordered from The Feed yesterday (Maurten mix) and as I completed the checked out process, I got an offer to add Mortal Hydration drink mix sampler with one click for $1.00
Mortal Hydration Ă— 1
Mortal Sampler / 3 Regular & 3 Salted

$1.00

Quote Reply
Re: Looks like Ironman is switching from Gatorade Endurance to Mortal Hydration for US races [Stafford Brown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As far as I know... It is Gatorade for Oceanside.

E-DUB
Chief Janitor @Slowtwitch
Life is short. Dont be mad all the time.

Quote Reply
Re: Looks like Ironman is switching from Gatorade Endurance to Mortal Hydration for US races [adgatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can get behind eating little debbies on course. Sounds good to me! lol
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like Ironman is switching from Gatorade Endurance to Mortal Hydration for US races [NYSLIM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NYSLIM wrote:
FWIW, I ordered from The Feed yesterday (Maurten mix) and as I completed the checked out process, I got an offer to add Mortal Hydration drink mix sampler with one click for $1.00
Mortal Hydration Ă— 1

$1.00

That looks more like an edible package than a hydration package.
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like Ironman is switching from Gatorade Endurance to Mortal Hydration for US races [Savage8778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Savage8778 wrote:
I've been anxiously awaiting your input on this one.

What is your take on the use of stevia in the drink?
Your wish is my command. (it's an article I just wrote answering that question.)

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like Ironman is switching from Gatorade Endurance to Mortal Hydration for US races [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
OF FUCKING COURSE they swap to something with Stevia in it.

God dammit. What the fuck are we doing!??!?!?!?!

(Note: the above post is my personal opinion and does not reflect my position or the editorial view of Slowtwitch).

Represents my opinion as well. Stevia + barely any Carbs is bad news x2 on this one.

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like Ironman is switching from Gatorade Endurance to Mortal Hydration for US races [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yesterday Ironman sent me a nice email titled "Nutrition: The Fourth Discipline".
Lots of advice to practice your nutrition in training so you are ready for race day.
Only product mentioned is Maurten Gels!
The last line of the email
"Plan now to start testing your race-day nutrition in your daily training with exactly what’s going to be served on-course at your next race."

Ok - so what is going to be on the course at IMTX? Just trying to follow your advice IM.
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like Ironman is switching from Gatorade Endurance to Mortal Hydration for US races [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished reading it - really well written article, and synthesis of the information for us non chemistry folks :)

Thanks again for your contributions to the forum.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like Ironman is switching from Gatorade Endurance to Mortal Hydration for US races [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
NYSLIM wrote:
Mortal Hydration Ă— 1

$1.00

That looks more like an edible package than a hydration package.

Look like the cover of one of those "... For Dummies" books

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like Ironman is switching from Gatorade Endurance to Mortal Hydration for US races [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Th4ddy wrote:

Is the on-course Coke flat?...........

Do you have a recipe for flat Coke?

yeah, what's your go to method for this?
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like Ironman is switching from Gatorade Endurance to Mortal Hydration for US races [MtnBikerChk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MtnBikerChk wrote:

Not that it matters to much to the athletes, but it was Gatorade strong arming IM, not the other way around.
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like Ironman is switching from Gatorade Endurance to Mortal Hydration for US races [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shake and open repeatedly (slowly at first, obviously). Then leave open for the night. How race organizers flatten all that coke they're going to dispense, I have no idea.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like Ironman is switching from Gatorade Endurance to Mortal Hydration for US races [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
MtnBikerChk wrote:

Not that it matters to much to the athletes, but it was Gatorade strong arming IM, not the other way around.

Was/is Gatorade Endurance a separate entity than Gatorade? I remember meeting the “owner” of GE at IMLP in 2019 and he said they were separate. Unless im misremembering the conversation. Seemed to be a smaller operation.
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like Ironman is switching from Gatorade Endurance to Mortal Hydration for US races [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m just gonna leave this video here and also let everyone know that the “on course Bottles” Gatorade Endurance is a completely different formula and ingredients than the powder formula that they sell that everyone trains with. Lionel learned this in one of his races ;) lionel was a sponsored athlete at the time but I don’t know if you remember he went on a nutrition kick after this race haha.

Quote Reply
Re: Looks like Ironman is switching from Gatorade Endurance to Mortal Hydration for US races [NYSLIM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NYSLIM wrote:
Mortal Hydration Ă— 1

$1.00

HAH! These were $5 at Rock n Roll DC

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
MtnBikerChk wrote:
but it was Gatorade strong arming IM, not the other way around.
Yup. Gatorade has $7B ARR. GSSI is a marketing department to academia. They do what they want.

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like Ironman is switching from Gatorade Endurance to Mortal Hydration for US races [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ryanppax wrote:
NYSLIM wrote:
Mortal Hydration Ă— 1

$1.00

HAH! These were $5 at Rock n Roll DC

Did R&R offer to mix them up with firehose water, in trash cans?

https://runningmagazine.ca/...-vegas-racers-claim/

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so purely hypothetical speculation.....

Maybe Gatorade imploded (or no longer have the finances or desire to support Ironman). The Ironman warehouse is in Boulder. Mortal Kombucha / Hydration is also in Boulder. Seems plausible that an IM staffer knew someone at Mortal and worked a deal. Mortal Kombucha also has backing from a venture capital firm (based on "news" from their website"), so maybe they put more finances in front of Ironman to make the deal "sweeter" than Gatorade.

This makes a lot more sense given the less that desirable nutritional components of Mortal and the timing.
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like Ironman is switching from Gatorade Endurance to Mortal Hydration for US races [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeeper wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
MtnBikerChk wrote:

Was/is Gatorade Endurance a separate entity than Gatorade? I remember meeting the “owner” of GE at IMLP in 2019 and he said they were separate. Unless im misremembering the conversation. Seemed to be a smaller operation.

There are a lot of layers, but no all Gatorade branded products are the assets of Pepsi.

G2, Endurance, etc are separate “companies” from Gatorade that are freely allowed to use the Gatorade brand name.
Quote Reply

Prev Next