Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
likes_bikes wrote:
Yates is looking in good early season form doing about 6.8 w/kg for 18 minutes

And that didn't look like a real effort from him, he just marked Hurt for most of the climb before casually dancing away in the last 100m, and he looked pretty fresh afterwards.

What do you think these guys will be pushing in July at the front end of the race? 7.2 W/kg for 20 minutes?
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's hard to say. I'm looking forward to see how Remco looks this week. That might give a hint.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are going to have a 15:xx w/kg test on FĂłia today.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New season of the Remco show is about to start.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
New season of the Remco show is about to start.

Fun finish! Someone didn't want to watch the Remco show from behind.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like Remco and Dani both broke the record (barely). They did 16:00 or thereabouts. I'm disappointed!
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quick sidebar as this is the circle of trust group:

Going from an outdated and obsolete quiver of bikes to one good road and one good gravel, one MTB, no TT. Just need to update the road bike.

The plan is a new Supersix frame (cuz I've really liked the previous ones) and new wheel set- Enves, same reasons and prices look surprisingly good. But I'm open to ideas. Tubeless of course and going to run ?? size tires. What are the cool kids using now? 28? 32? No crits or road races or anything crazy, just riding and still want to factor in the Wednesday nighters. Going to swap the SRM onto new D12 or comparable if I can because I like seeing the power go down like a setting sun.

Thanks for ideas and preferences. 10 days until the 'Loop.

Thanks for input.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dani showing Remco what’s up. That was sweet. GC Kusstanza also looking good but will be about an hour behind Remco after tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ENVE is a client so I’m 100% biased. The new SES 3.4 with updated hub and straight pull spokes is a phenomenal do-everything wheelset. I have an older 3.4 AR on gravel bike that I have mercilessly abused,and 4.5 (without new hub) on road rig 32mm Vittoria N.ext tire. Love the setup but it can be a little grabby in cross-winds, which is why I’d suggest the 3.4 with same size tire. Personally I don’t see the point of going skinnier—unless racing. Even then, UAE ran a 28mm front / 30mm rear for Tour.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
trail wrote:
Oier "Como Va" Lazkano?

Your early season form looks good.

just chiming in to say x2 - well done.

also: marianna freakin' vos!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
ENVE is a client so I’m 100% biased. The new SES 3.4 with updated hub and straight pull spokes is a phenomenal do-everything wheelset. I have an older 3.4 AR on gravel bike that I have mercilessly abused,and 4.5 (without new hub) on road rig 32mm Vittoria N.ext tire. Love the setup but it can be a little grabby in cross-winds, which is why I’d suggest the 3.4 with same size tire. Personally I don’t see the point of going skinnier—unless racing. Even then, UAE ran a 28mm front / 30mm rear for Tour.

Boom. Just what I needed. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

That's a good call on tyre selection.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have AT&T, which means I get a deal on Max. Mostly got it to binge GoT few years back. Now I have cycling. Is great!

Classic Season kick-off preview to follow shortly!!
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
I have AT&T, which means I get a deal on Max. Mostly got it to binge GoT few years back. Now I have cycling. Is great!

Classic Season kick-off preview to follow shortly!!

I have to admit I wasn't happy about Max killing GCN, but I grudgingly admit so far it's been decent. Lots of races, OK announcing, decent technical detail like replay and joining at the start instead of live. No aggressive spoilers like Flo. And I get to watch the The Last of Us which I've wanted to for a while.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
And I get to watch the The Last of Us which I've wanted to for a while.

The only thing you won't like about The Last of Us is the fact that season 2 is still not planned for production/release, in part due to writer's strike. Come on!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is good, especially the ability to watch live or from the start whenever you click in.

Let’s hope it continues!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am just hoping it becomes a platform to leap into a full eurosport subscription

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Sulliesbrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wout with the well timed sprint yesterday - move like 20 position with 2k left and tudor guys were bumping him outside their train lol

next week time for the real racing to begin!

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toon Aerts sighting this AM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raging Del Toro showing he’s got TT game. And Magnus looking like a Magnus. Pretty pedestrian ride for Wout.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Feb 17, 24 7:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cracking ride by Magnus.

Have to think every time he mounts a bike, Wout is only thinking about Holy Week. Cross season was fun and stay in shape. Now build. Early spring will be dialing in teammate tactics. Figuring how to best use MattyJo.

ETA: And a solid ride by Scruff Healy
Last edited by: WannaB: Feb 17, 24 7:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn, WvA coughed up a minute to Remco. That's a bit unexpected...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
Cracking ride by Magnus.

Have to think every time he mounts a bike, Wout is only thinking about Holy Week. Cross season was fun and stay in shape. Now build. Early spring will be dialing in teammate tactics. Figuring how to best use MattyJo.

ETA: And a solid ride by Scruff Healy

Super Mex! (Already taken by Lee Trevino and a friend I raced with.)

The Rager del Toro. H
He's fun to watch. Hope he takes pack positioning more seriously going forward. He can do some damage.

Over in France, Parlay Bardet is still looking solid. Retiring soon? And a baller of a ride from a Nice Conti rider.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Damn, WvA coughed up a minute to Remco. That's a bit unexpected...

u think?

I bet he hasn't touch that bike much if any

CX and one day races coming up - Also, stock equipment; not your typical fancy bars.

----

Remco... man that position look MEAN

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I could feel that [lack of TT training] but that's not even excuse - it's everyone's job to prepare the fullest," Van Aert said. "It was my own indecision so yeah, no regrets. I gave my all and this was the result."

"I'm not disappointed. Towards the Giro of course, we will put way more focus on this."

Quote Reply

Prev Next