Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuisDF wrote:
Wout style of racing is so hard to understand

Why he take pulls when he has 2 teammates with him? Mind numbing

This is when MVPD take just ONE pull all day long and destroys everyone (just an example)

It looks very much like he's riding for Laporte. Matty Jorgo killing it. Whoops, Sporty goes.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right?

3/6… if they don’t win this race is going to look very bad 😂

Podcock riding amazingly all things considered!

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Idaho boy is gone! I think he may have found his jam.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fascinating, proper hard men racecraft on exhibit by an American rider. It's been a while since there was someone who could serve as the anvil when there's a crosswind buffeting the peloton. What's even more interesting is that he didn't lose this racecraft while surrounded by hare-brained DSes at Movistar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Matty looked great causing first big split. Then really settled in while they took turns softening. Thought Wout seemed like riding for. DeLie best of the rest.

Time to show off the new guy!
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Race over - now onto the race for second and third

Perfectly timed attack!

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LuisDF wrote:
Right?

3/6… if they don’t win this race is going to look very bad 😂

Podcock riding amazingly all things considered!

still not as bad as getting rolled with 3 out of 4

Though infighting probably led to that result
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m here. Plus Matty Jo riding like a boss!
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoa now, cowboy. T Dub says not so fast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ruh Roh
Last edited by: WannaB: Feb 24, 24 6:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pfff jumbo about to choke this one

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still enough crosswind to split this. There's a turn onto open roads at 4.5 km left.
Last edited by: echappist: Feb 24, 24 6:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lot of baggage and teams watching instead of working.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice pick, Clay. Shiiiiiiit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who picked Tratnik, haha. Politt got the best he could, kudos for riding instead of spectating.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:
Omloop
Wout, Stuyven, Tratnik
Kung, Theuns

KBR
Jorgenson, van Baarle, Asgreen
Philipsen, Girmay

Pick of the litter, surely!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Martin the oracle. Well played.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Atta boy Tratnik. Martin I should be just behind you, will try to bridge across tomorrow and see if we can get an early break established.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If we pick like the other teams rode finale, you guys will be long gone.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
Atta boy Tratnik. Martin I should be just behind you, will try to bridge across tomorrow and see if we can get an early break established.

Well played to both of you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks all - puts a smile on my face, much needed !!

i'll share this - aortic root repair/replacement w/valve sparring procedure in June (18 days hospital due to low bp, afib), 7 months later another week hospital, 3 ops to clean/wash infection - 2 plates put in, upper sternum didn't fully close
back to exercise, trying to slowly build - won lottery for permit to hike Angels Landing again in 2 weeks (hoping to see wild Condors again)
68 in 2 months

live the day fully and be safe out there
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:

i'll share this - aortic root repair/replacement w/valve sparring procedure in June (18 days hospital due to low bp, afib), 7 months later another week hospital, 3 ops to clean/wash infection - 2 plates put in, upper sternum didn't fully close
back to exercise, trying to slowly build - won lottery for permit to hike Angels Landing again in 2 weeks (hoping to see wild Condors again)
68 in 2 months

Wow. Glad you're on the mend. Tricky stuff.

Now on to the very important KBK picks. :)

Philipsen, Stuyven, Zingle

Kristoff, Lamperti
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:

68 in 2 months

Oh man, that's quite the travail. Best of wishes with your continuing recovery!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:

68 in 2 months

Great picks and best wishes on healing.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that Pieterse in the Alpecin kit?

Vos looks good

ETA: and Thalita de Jong as well? It's the invasion of the CX racers (not to mention van Anrooij).
Last edited by: echappist: Feb 24, 24 7:59
Quote Reply

Prev Next