Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Altho looking at Miami venue, looks like they run a 100K event next to an established event, so not all races are 100K. I guess?
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
rrheisler wrote:

2.) As a self-proclaimed golf nut, all I think about with that T100 name -- Titleist irons.

I thought PTO World Tour was a better name.

I still think "70.3" sucks as a brand.
Using an imperial measurement for distance when the majority of the world used metric shows how USA-centric the Ironman org is.

T100 is better branding and a better distance.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
Altho looking at Miami venue, looks like they run a 100K event next to an established event, so not all races are 100K. I guess?
The T100 races are pm Saturday. The 'Miami Distance' race on Sunday is 1600m/48km/13km.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No Australia race? Not many in Europe?
Seems a bit of a shame.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [oddbudman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They would like to get to 10 races so very likely there will Oceania and mainland Europe races in 2025.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing August is reserved for when the Edmonton race can finally return in 2026 or 2027.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:
I'm happy this is a BIG F U to Ironman for their ridiculous money grab that is their World Championships in France... Good on Ryf & Lucy Charles

What does the age group pricing of world have to do with the pto ?

You do understand Ironman is a race / event organizer and pto is a professional triathlete race product.

They are separate athletes choose money, humans choose money have you been familiar with humans the last 1000 years.

Lionel is a good example he was super pissed at Ironman post 70.3 worlds until he realized it is now the hand that feeds him.

These athletes have to take his money while it is here, in 10 years there maybe a few they say I should have focused on world x or Ironman distance but this gets them paid.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, i think the 100K distance is killer.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [oddbudman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oddbudman wrote:
Seems a bit of a shame.

If they were playing it right for the grand final put it in Australia then a lot of pros would be able to go right to 70.3 worlds

It may help Ironmans final but also if pto is paying for travel it would help their contracted athletes so much to cover that travel expense.

This is giving us great races on paper to start, how long till we get bored of the same faces and format ??

It’s itu but longer / no drafting . We have seen this product.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathletetoth wrote:
oddbudman wrote:
Seems a bit of a shame.

If they were playing it right for the grand final put it in Australia then a lot of pros would be able to go right to 70.3 worlds

It may help Ironmans final but also if pto is paying for travel it would help their contracted athletes so much to cover that travel expense.

This is giving us great races on paper to start, how long till we get bored of the same faces and format ??

It’s itu but longer / no drafting . We have seen this product.

The Grand Final in combination with the Noosa Triathlon Festival would have been dope (and everything PTO wants out of its events).
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diabolo wrote:

The Grand Final in combination with the Noosa Triathlon Festival would have been dope (and everything PTO wants out of its events).

The Noosa Tri is owned by Ironman so that 'aint going to happen.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
rrheisler wrote:

2.) As a self-proclaimed golf nut, all I think about with that T100 name -- Titleist irons.

Using an imperial measurement for distance when the majority of the world used metric shows how USA-centric the Ironman org is.

Lol no it is not. Ironman 70.3 carries a lot of cache.

Try explaining PTO T100 in Partnership with World Triathlon instead of "Ironman".
____

Also incredibly disappointed that we're seeing really old recycles like Brownlee and Gomez on this, if those guys get the eyeballs, that's just as bad as Triathlon's average racing age creeping towards 50.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Jan 30, 24 16:54
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
rrheisler wrote:

Try explaining PTO T100 in Partnership with World Triathlon instead of "Ironman".
____

Also incredibly disappointed that we're seeing really old recycles like Brownlee and Gomez on this, if those guys get the eyeballs, that's just as bad as Triathlon's average racing age creeping towards 50.

I have a totally opposite view from you on this (and many other things :-)). Was really hoping to see Javier and Alistair racing the new blood. And Alistair is not that old (in real age, maybe older in triathlon/wear and tear age). And I think (hope?) that they will have a strong influence on the narratives and excitement coming out of this first year of the series. For one, they are almost guaranteed to feature in every race prominently (being among the best swimmers). And there run potential (potential being used due to past injuries, not because they haven't shown what they can do) is second to none too, except maybe Hayden Wilde if he shows up as a wildcard post-Olympics.

I was excited to see those two on the list!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
rrheisler wrote:

____

Weird. I'm most excited about Brownlee. I just hope he doesn't injure himself again. I'm also most excited to see him racing more frequently in this T100 format.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lurker4 wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
rrheisler wrote:

____

Weird. I'm most excited about Brownlee. I just hope he doesn't injure himself again. I'm also most excited to see him racing more frequently in this T100 format.

I think it was just the StoBro grasping at straws to find anything negative in today's news.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking at the comp structure a few of those athletes that are unlikely to get in the top ~10 probably have a strong incentive to get the contract $, show up at the PTO races as paid training sessions (still some prize money even if dead lasts) and then try to perform on the less competitive ironman circuit if the goal is to maximize their gains.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [CaliB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaliB wrote:
Looking at the comp structure a few of those athletes that are unlikely to get in the top ~10 probably have a strong incentive to get the contract $, show up at the PTO races as paid training sessions (still some prize money even if dead lasts) and then try to perform on the less competitive ironman circuit if the goal is to maximize their gains.
It seems that RvB agrees with you...

American triathlon star combining PTO Tour and IRONMAN racing (tri247.com)
"Moving on to his racing goals, the American star underlined that whilst Kona is his primary goal, he believes racing the PTO Tour throughout the year will increase his chances of success come October.

I think it will be good for me to not solely focus on full distance and the PTO will help me with that VO2 max and high velocity, but it’s also still long enough that you need to be efficient and it’s a comparable sport.

It’s not like Super League, where it is a completely different energy system and so I think it will help whilst still having Roth to get that IRONMAN prep in June. I think it is the perfect plan with two solid full distance races and then the PTO Tour.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:

The "70.3" branding that's been around for something like 12-13 years and we just learned about the T100 branding today.
You must be very intelligent to figure out that the T100 brand isn't well known yet. Maybe apply for Mensa.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a sensible approach for many pros. Sucks from an audience perspective if T100 is just long training sessions.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Does this mean Marten isn’t going to the Olympics?

I was also surprised not to see Hayden’s name here, but I imagine he’ll get a start at every race he wants after Paris. Same for Kristian and Gustav.

Athletes going to the olympics have special contracts and don't have to race the full slate of races

True, but nobody else is going to the Olympics in that male list so it's weird it's only him.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [Xath10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i personally think the fields are too small with 20 people what what i really dont get is that they dont allow more than 20 people for the grand final i think they should allow wild card people in that had shown an impact in the race when they had a wildcard. i mean there is some top athletes
they recognise that their field size is not fixed for ever so why not play around with it a bit
i get they want the narative that people can follow , at the same time singapore was for most perople the most boring race and i guess it was because the filed was too small
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Target is clearly 20, but I don't think they'll limit themselves to 20 on the start list, if they have a superstar willing to join as #21. It might be KB, might be Gustav, might be Hayden etc. Additionally, they might even give 6 wild cards on top 16 fixed slots, just in case somebody feels sick on race morning. So it could be anything between 18-22.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel 20 is about right as long as the top ones are there. They used to have a field of 40 but vast majority didn’t stand a chance or feature
I have the feeling it will be the same with 20,
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am disappointed they don't have a race in up state NY or in Eastern Canada (which age group Americans in North East and Easterners Canadians could get to by car). Maybe it is their late timing. Maybe next year!
Last edited by: eddoes3: Jan 31, 24 4:30
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024) [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did I misunderstand the start list.

I was under the impression that the "Hot Shots" are only on the start line if one or more of the first 16 are not racing....

I guess you could assume every race will have at least one of the first 16 pass on it........
Quote Reply

Prev Next