Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

nice you two with the tratnik picks!

wout wins the lanterne poutine for most kj burned i think.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [buzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great womens' race, can Lidl pull something out ?
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Master by Vos
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

vos looked amazing there! loved the effort from trek, but outgunned.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [buzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marianna freakin' vos!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Way to play the Lease-a-Bike lotto! And glad you're getting to the bossing phase of your heart issues, that sounds like it was an ordeal.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those who have followed CX a lot longer than I have, what's with Thalita de Jong? Won rainbow stripes in 2016 and somehow seemingly disappeared afterwards, but is now a road racer.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
For those who have followed CX a lot longer than I have, what's with Thalita de Jong? Won rainbow stripes in 2016 and somehow seemingly disappeared afterwards, but is now a road racer.

i think she also won the dutch TT champs at one point!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Is that Pieterse in the Alpecin kit?

Vos looks good

ETA: and Thalita de Jong as well? It's the invasion of the CX racers (not to mention van Anrooij).

yeah, that was puck in the alpecin kit. i think she's effectively their lead (road) rider. she and her buddy shirin both finished in the top 10 today and were in the mix with the big girls pretty much all day long. pretty massive performance for a couple of 21-year-olds! the future looks awfully bright for them both.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:
aortic root repair/replacement w/valve sparring procedure in June (18 days hospital due to low bp, afib), 7 months later another week hospital, 3 ops to clean/wash infection - 2 plates put in, upper sternum didn't fully close
back to exercise, trying to slowly build - won lottery for permit to hike Angels Landing again in 2 weeks (hoping to see wild Condors again)
68 in 2 months

Damn, that sounds like a real ordeal (puts my own recent heart issues into perspective). Best of luck on the recovery, the Angels Landing hike sounds amazing.

KBK:
Phillipsen, Wout, Laporte
Girmay, Wellens
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy smokes, that’s a lot. Glad you’re on the mend!!
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
marianna freakin' vos!

That sums it up nicely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Revised Omloop picks to:

WvA DeLie LaPorte
Pidcock Mohoric

Provisional KBK picks:

DeLie Laporte Jorgensen
Stuyven Lamperti

Modified KBK picks to

WvA DeLie Laporte
Stuyven Lamperti
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agreed on the nice picks with Tratnik (he looked really good at algarve) AND more importantly the heart health rebound at 68.
I've had a rickety winter with chest infections/bronchitis and a torn quad from kickball - not on the other side of all that yet - but I know the feeling and appreciate when any of us somewhat senior fellahs feel tailwinds again.

watched as much replay as I could to see if betting against Visma makes any sense - it appears it does not.

KBK - Wout / Philipsen / Wellens
Jonathon Milan / Van Baarle

impressed with Kristoff and trentin today / but more impressed with Vos the goat - Kopecky covered so much maybe vos could play it a little cooler. when sd worx doesnt have 5/6 of a winning break - the racing is bare knuckles - great stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i didnt see De Lie on the start list i looked at.
he does look pretty dangerous if he can get better than 1 against 3 visma odds.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah as I write this he (De Lie) is not on the KBK start list according to PCS.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kristoff had a good day and Uno has some beef. Hope he and they factor tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shuffling picks - Asgreen took a spill with Ala so dropping him, along with Philipsen and Girmay

Stuyven, Trentin, Wout
Lampaert, Gautherat

?? hit the damn Post Reply
done
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the intel @ClayDavis and @FrederickNorton

WvA Laporte Stuyven
Lamperti Wellens
Last edited by: echappist: Feb 24, 24 18:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KBK:
Wout Laporte Trentin
Stuyven Wellens
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [jmsenger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KBK:
Van Aert, Philipsen, Stuyven
Laporte, Girmay
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
marianna freakin' vos!

That sums it up nicely.

it does! but in terms of other things, i think there are some other winners today:

-jumbo have learned that vos is back, which has to make everyone else in the peloton sit up and take notice
-lidl have learned that shirin can apparently attack the best riders in the world up to the last 200m of a tough 125km race, and they now have a lieutenant for any of their leaders, or a stage winner in her own right
-fenix have learned that puck is top-tier and it looks like strade bianchi wasn't a fluke
-every other team has learned that you can take the race to SD Worx, if you can relentlessly attack and use numbers
-kopecky is still basically 'still' as good as we thought she was

Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I'm satisfied, though I was on the limit a few times. There's still room for improvement," Van Aert told the assembled Belgian media after the finish, despite also admitting that he could have won the race himself.

uhhh?

onto the next one today!!!!

btw: Women race should start ahead of men race - they barely show enough of their race :'(

Von gave a MASTERCLASS of how to win a race - Such a smart racer!

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Venga did about 7 w/kg for 11:30 yesterday...he's looking to be on track it seems.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Lenny Eight Ball steals the UAE Tour!

Tossing some seasoned pro-fanities in the post race interview. Funny coming from a guy who looks 16 years old.
Quote Reply

Prev Next