Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TriTamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kind of a liberal use of the word "cave". Good ventilation tho.

Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TriTamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also have the blue NP2. I go off and on with the idea of a power meter. I would like one but I guess ultimately I'm waiting to see where prices bottom out.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Aaronr312] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aaronr312 wrote:
I also have the blue NP2. I go off and on with the idea of a power meter. I would like one but I guess ultimately I'm waiting to see where prices bottom out.

Yeah. I'd really like a pedal based power meter. A little bit lower and I would probably buy the vector 2s pedals but at $599 it's still a little more than I want to spend.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [minimalist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
minimalist wrote:
Kind of a liberal use of the word "cave". Good ventilation tho.

Small world.. I live 50m to the left and a few floors down :D
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [sjogren] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have a second garage (the man who built the house had a lot of shop space) that we have gradually converted over the last few years - cleaning it up, patching holes, and installing bike storage hooks. After we got the treadmill in January, we decided to go all in and really make it a home gym, with more wall patching, some electrical work, and painting. We went with the TRX and kettlebells, because we can do a lot with relatively little equipment. The rubber flooring is 3/8" rolled rubber from flooringinc.com (they offer a really good coupon code if you order a sample). We're still talking about some other equipment like a squat stand or ploy box, but the space itself is done.

Unfortunately, we don't have any good before photos.

Last edited by: kenpetruzzelli: Apr 10, 16 9:45
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [kenpetruzzelli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kenpetruzzelli wrote:
We have a second garage (the man who built the house had a lot of shop space) that we have gradually converted over the last few years

No displays? I have a 110" projected screen that rolls down in my "pain cave" aka living room, couldn't imagine training without it.

Garage seems like a good place to do the same.

The screen is motorized and rolls up the screen out of the way.

Projectors these days are dirt cheap.

2014 P3 DI2 - RT6, CXR80, Power2Max S, 820, Fenix 3 HR. (gone)
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [P90Puma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's something that would be easier now since we added the quad outlet. We tend to mostly listen to music and the occasions we want to watch something use our tablets.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not quite as nice as Herbert's, but this is my 100 sq. ft. pain cave build out

Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [BarbBikeTechie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just liked the Hero better, I initially considered the Solo. It is pretty easy to hang the bike in place. You just aim the pedal into the slot and then the wheels should find their rest spots.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's another... Nothing like the fumes from race fuel to get the juices flowing :-)
Last edited by: Dirt fighter: Apr 16, 16 18:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
The full pain cave setup is now featured on the ST home page here. But this will be an ongoing project.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/..._Pain_Cave_5707.html

You just gave me a bike organization boner. That's freaking beautiful.

Quote | Reply
Just tidied up the cave since the weather is utter crap. As OCD as I ever get...

Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you train on the transition and race the trek?
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes for now. The transition was my first tri bike, I retired her to the trainer just to keep miles off the sc . I kinda like a dedicated bike for the trainer too , makes life easier.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet! I'd say the most "abstract" set up so far!

Very cool.....bikes flying by....
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [mharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My contribution to this long running thread. Always cool to get ideas from other people's setups.

Last edited by: brent_wolfram: Apr 18, 16 5:47
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [brent_wolfram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where did you get your bubble hokey table from? I'm (kind of) in the market for one?
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [cairodog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked around when I was in the market for one. I ended up buying at a local store (Oakville Home & Leisure) and the model is a Carrom Signature Stick Hockey Table. They service it locally and its $1,500 Canadian. I was originally looking into Super Chexx because they are officially licensing the NHL brand and you can order your table with the desired teams. The issue is that they are around $3000 USD and sourcing a replacement part down the road could be a pain. The official NHL team logos and automatic puck drop didn't warrant the big jump in price for me. I ended up just adding some Red Wings stickers on the Carrom to make it go with the other Red Wings swag in the man cave.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [brent_wolfram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's sweet. Thanks for the info. Are you happy with the game play on it? And props to a fellow Wings fan!

Side note, sorry to everyone else for getting off topic...
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [cairodog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Game play is solid, no dead spots (where you gotta tip the table), and the scoring system is consistent. Go Wings!
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the kind words. It is very cool, and even non bike folks really appreciate it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does this count as a pain cave? Don't worry I'm getting a new bike soon. My LBS has ordered my argon 18 Nitrogen frame and the other components

Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Chokebait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chokebait wrote:
No, a dungeon it's not, but there's no better name for our workout area than a "Pain Cave". Whether it's long rides on the trainer, 500lb deadlifts, or tournament worthy ippon seoi nage throws, this is where pain happens.

Not sure how it worked out, but the ventilation is all hiding in this pic. When I long ride the trainer, the bench comes out of the squat rack, the bike goes in, and two Vornado floor fans keep me cool and dry. A pedestal fan blows over the treadmill to keep it cool as well. I'm not much of a photographer, so it looks pretty cramped, but it's not really: 16ft x 16ft, with 10x16ft open area. Another TV coming soon (Yay Cyber Monday deals!) to put in front of the treadmill. My wife didn't appreciate the partially obstructed view of the TV in the squat rack from the treadmill, ended up getting a 24" Smart TV for free, should be here next week. 1300lbs of weights, heavy bag, treadmill, cycle trainer, grappling dummy, bench, and squat rack. The Concept 2 Rower is outside for now. There's nothing functional or productive that happens at a gym besides swimming that I can't do here.

Where did you get this sex doll from?
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [dado0583] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where did you get this sex doll from?[/quote]
I just spit my coffee out when I read that
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
y_nigel wrote:
Where did you get this sex doll from?

I just spit my coffee out when I read that[/quote]
a little leggy-er than I like my sex dolls but to each his own. what's your safe word? T3?
Quote Reply

Prev Next