Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [PPI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks really cool. I’ve seen pictures of a few people who’ve done that with their garage.

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TNFeDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's my setup.
Last edited by: madmax231: Dec 16, 18 17:27
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [madmax231] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how do you have the same output going to 3 monitors? #newbquestion
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My videocard has 3 outputs. I can decide which monitor(s) is/are on at any time via software. I think pretty much all modern videocards have this features ( I have a relatively old Radeon R9 200 video card)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your organizational skills impress.

What fans are those?

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And that's the back side of my pain cave. My friends tell me I have an OCD.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the link! I don’t see a remote listed in the specs. True? If so, how do you control the fans in your setup?

Edit; and how did you do the wall mount?

Scott
Last edited by: GreatScott: Dec 16, 18 17:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These fans are not remotely controllable. When biking, I always set the fan to "max", and the one for running can easily be adjusted while running.

The fans comes with a wall mount in the box. There's also an option to buy a tripod, too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Copy that, thanks again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can also get very cheap (ie less than $10) splitters for both VGA and HDMI signals which will just mirror the output:

https://www.amazon.com/...a+splitter&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/...i+splitter&psc=1

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
madmax231 wrote:
These fans are not remotely controllable. When biking, I always set the fan to "max", and the one for running can easily be adjusted while running.

The fans comes with a wall mount in the box. There's also an option to buy a tripod, too.

For the record, I'm using a Wemo mini switch with Google Home Mini to control my fan. I have a routine set up. I say, "Hey google, shut up legs." It turns on my TV, Lights, and music. If I say "Hey Google, Let's Race.", it turns on TV, Lights, Music and Fan. When I'm done, I say, "Hey google, all done." and it shuts everything off.

I use a chromecast to turn on and off the TV. Will use the same strategy when I add my sound bar. Unfortunately, my old computer doesn't let me control it with voice. Older Bios settings. That will be changed with next computer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our own basement project is almost done, including the pièce de résistance:

Last edited by: mjp202: Dec 17, 18 7:21
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you Alir and Velocomp
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [mjp202] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Talk to me about that mat - it's huuuge
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JASpencer wrote:
Talk to me about that mat - it's huuuge

Interlocking foam tiles to protect the floor across the whole area:

https://www.amazon.com/BalanceFrom-Puzzle-Exercise-Interlocking-Tiles/dp/B013A4ATCQ/

$36 for 48 square feet (4 x 12).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Thanks for the link! I don’t see a remote listed in the specs. True? If so, how do you control the fans in your setup?

Edit; and how did you do the wall mount?

Scott

My setup is pretty similar to that. I'm just too cold in the mornings to have a fan on within the first 5-10 or so minutes. Here's what I use for a powerful fan that can be floor or wall mounted and has a remote control. https://www.laskoproducts.com/...ll-mount-fan-h20650/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Basement = extra cold in the winter and manageable in the other seasons.
Key pieces are a nice fan down low, TV above, mirror to check pedal stroke/hip rocking.
Elsewhere in the room is a workbench, wheel storage behind the door, and extra bike in the corner next to a ceiling mounted bike stand.

Last edited by: kppolich: Jan 21, 20 9:27
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It might be worth considering adding the interlocking floor tiles to the floor around your bike etc. I know your floor already isn't bad and looks easy to clean, but there's something nice about the look, feel and demarcation of having the tiles around the workout area.

Of course, if the tiles get in the way of other multipurpose uses of that room (like workshop), don't do it, but I will add that I was very surprised at how much the gym flooring tiles added to my pain cave, both visually and with the 'pro' feel of the floor. Even my wife who only uses my TM and is not a serious endurance athlete, loves the gym flooring.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do have 1 small carpet tile under the kickr which keeps the noise down a bit, but I am against any sort of additional flooring in this space for 2 reasons.
1.) it's a multipurpose area with a furnace and water heater close by. The epoxy coating does a nice job and is already easy to clean.
2.) As the space is in the basement, i like the cool (temperature) flooring and do not want to insulate that epoxy covered concrete from the rest of the room. I want to keep it as cold, year round as possible. Typically 55 F in winter and 65F in summer without any help.

It's also just plain easy to wipe bikes off and sweep up mud/grass down there with the epoxy flooring.
Last edited by: kppolich: Jan 21, 20 10:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Looks a bit more cramped here than it is but it isn't the biggest space at about 9'x17'. The treadmill deck is also too high so I (5'11") can't use the incline features of the treadmill. Converted that awful dungeon of a garage into a proper pain cave for less than $1200 total spent ($300 treadmill, $500 trainer, $50 paint, $100 flooring, $200 gym equipment). Rest was either decommissioned hardware (all in one Dell computer from work, 32" TV from old bedroom) or free (extra free weights).
Last edited by: cassinonorth: Jan 21, 20 13:34
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [cassinonorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The flooring is the best part! =)

I did the same with my garage, and it similarly went from looking like a Guantanamo Bay torture center (especially with the Vasa!) to almost a high-end indoor gym like yours. I think it's the best cheap upgrade a garage gym can get. ($<150 in my case for nearly the entire garage.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally got my pain cave finished. Lighting was cool the other night so I figured I would share a picture. This is my third go at a home gym and by far my best work. Just needs some mirrors and it will be good to go. *Bike is a Premier Tactical.

Quote Reply

Prev Next