Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/quote]
thats really cool, but how the hell do you swim on the vasa with so little room? i swim on a vasa and to me that seems so super narrow of a space.[/quote]
Works OK, but it does demand good technique to prevent a flailing arm from hitting the wall. Probably helps I'm a short scrawny runner type so my legs don't stick out too far out the back. I think I measured 12x3 needed for the vasa, but only that wide for the front portion arms forward so I was able to cheat at the legs where it overlaps with the treadmill.

Still working out the HVAC though - the room is too small for a mini split so considering just fans in the summer and a small electric garage heater for the cold Iowa winters.
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garage treadmill people,

I’m in Chicago with a 2 car detached un-insulated garage. Short of the complete build out/drywall any suggestions for heating the garage enough to (comfortably) run through winter, ideally 50-60 degrees when it’s 10 degrees outside.

Any set ups you have that get the job done? Thanks!

-
"It's nice to be great, but far greater to be nice"
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [yoe400800] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i dont use it for that since I have a conditioned garage, but I use a diesel heater off amazon in my sprinter van that really cranks out the heat. You could use the little plastic fuel tank that comes with it and go that route, or this heater that goes on top of a propane tank
https://www.amazon.com/...606336843&sr=8-5
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [yoe400800] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yoe400800 wrote:
Garage treadmill people,

I’m in Chicago with a 2 car detached un-insulated garage. Short of the complete build out/drywall any suggestions for heating the garage enough to (comfortably) run through winter, ideally 50-60 degrees when it’s 10 degrees outside.

Any set ups you have that get the job done? Thanks!

Reznor UDAP30
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just moved my workout / music / gaming room

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Jan 21, 21 10:29
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TNFeDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We bought a beach front fixer upper that had a few extra rooms. My wife and I are not the "room that no one is allowed to go into" type people....so we converted one of the living rooms into a 500 sq ft home gym/pain cave.

Took a while to get it right, but here is what we ended up with as of Jan 2020.

EDIT - I have to figure out the picture part....

Last edited by: JerseyDragon: Jan 22, 21 10:08
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [JerseyDragon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
post to imgur and copy the link to here with the img \img tags. (use square brackets around the tags. If you "quote" my post above that will let you see the exact format for the img tags).

Favourite Swim Sets:

Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Jan 22, 21 5:29
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel like an idiot.....Ive tried 20 times. Cant get it to work. I have it on Imgur. Ive tried everything. Is there directions that explain it....step by step....like as if Im a 3 year old?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JerseyDragon wrote:
I feel like an idiot.....Ive tried 20 times. Cant get it to work. I have it on Imgur. Ive tried everything. Is there directions that explain it....step by step....like as if Im a 3 year old?

depends on if you're using the advanced editor or not. if so, then just click the picture icon (second from the right) and paste in the URL pointing to your image, it should end in a .jpg (or .gif, .jpeg, etc. as long as it's a link to the actual image, not the page the image is on).

I use the basic editor (firewall blocks some of the advanced editor features), so i manually input the img tags.

it will look somehting like {img}https://imgur.com/yourphoto.jpg{/img} (replace the curly brackets with square ones) Sometimes imgur puts spaces in between the {img} and the https:// so those spaces need to come out.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Jan 22, 21 10:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JerseyDragon wrote:
We bought a beach front fixer upper that had a few extra rooms. My wife and I are not the "room that no one is allowed to go into" type people....so we converted one of the living rooms into a 500 sq ft home gym/pain cave.

Took a while to get it right, but here is what we ended up with as of Jan 2020.

EDIT - I have to figure out the picture part....

FIFY. Nice setup!

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JerseyDragon wrote:

I've posted this link quite a few times. Dan, if you're reading this, might be worth pinning to picture threads.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: Jan 22, 21 10:41
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Updates coming soon.

Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice!
SL6 Tarmac and Roubaix?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK. Let me see if I have this pic thing figured out after watching that video...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Thanks!

Here's my pain cave, also known as the "Basement Bike Shop" (Hope this works)

Last edited by: CanUsa: Jan 22, 21 13:10
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [CanUsa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CanUsa wrote:

Thanks!

6 bikes, but not a pair of dumbbells over 8 pounds. Such a cyclists room ;) Looks pretty sweet though!!
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Jan 22, 21 13:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! Excellent setup. Love that bike storage. At first I thought mirrors were kind of weird but recently I've been kind of wanting one. Once we get a permanent setup it's definitely something I'll add.

I find it interesting how both yours and the JerseyDragon's above are nearly polar opposites. One is a basement with no natural light and wood floors, the other a sunlit room with gym mat floors. Both clearly get the job done well though.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:

6 bikes, but not a pair of dumbbells over 8 pounds. Such a cyclists room ;) Looks pretty sweet though!!

{Enter embarrassed emoji here}
The weights portion there is my wife's HIIT workout location. I have another location for my weight training, but might need to add extra weights for next time I post a picture ;). Cheers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CanUsa wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:

{Enter embarrassed emoji here}
The weights portion there is my wife's HIIT workout location. I have another location for my weight training, but might need to add extra weights for next time I post a picture ;). Cheers!

I figured....next time line up some 45 plates for the picture!!
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still trying to figure out what my next Tri bike is going to be, but for now the setup is strong. 33 weeks to IMWI.

Yes...the garage is messy. Jeep parts and kids toys taking over.

Last edited by: Brytcyd: Jan 22, 21 15:00
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SL7 & Crux
I'm a big fan of the blower fans on a smart outlet. I can warm up and then just ask Siri to 'turn on the fan' to keep temps manageable. Likely will be selling the buffet workbench thing and doing something else with that wall shortly.

Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [Brytcyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brytcyd wrote:
Still trying to figure out what my next Tri bike is going to be, but for now the setup is strong. 33 weeks to IMWI.

Yes...the garage is messy. Jeep parts and kids toys taking over.

Nice Woodway!

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks buddy. I've had it about six months now. This particular unit was one of two 4Front models which Woodway were going to use on the 2020 trade show circuit, but became available when all the trade shows went away. I think it had something like 27 miles on it when I got it - got a decent discount because it wasn't "brand new," even though there was no way I could tell (there was still some factory plastic to peel off).

I had a Sole treadmill I'd bought new about 10 years ago - the WW is obviously next-level. I'm not that fast, but even intervals at 12 mph are, other than the effort, basically unnoticeable by sound and any bouncing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CanUsa wrote:

Thanks!

This is beautiful! I'm about to embark in a pain cave makeover myself so I hope to have some fun pics to share soon...

Team Saunders on YouTube
Quote Reply
Re: Let see your Pain Cave [TSTriATX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/nutrition/this-cyclist-was-told-he-s-too-big-to-race-so-he-upped-his-power-numbers/ar-BB1dOqVv?li=BBnba9O

Just had to give props. Trucker. Races Crits and Cx. So took out his passenger seat and jammed his Kickr into his cab to train while on the road.

Quote Reply

Prev Next