Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scotttriguy wrote:
How come EPB result deleted?

Did she get DQ?

Yup, she challenging the DQ due to speed violation!

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The time gap I think was certianly a weak field, but what I kinda find interesting. Theoretically if she is in "paris prep", she likely shouldn't even be in this type of "non draft" shape. But then again, she's sorta much more of a hybrid type of training program I think (it was noted she was doing IM prep bike rides 5 months prior to paris test event in training). So I think what her prep is and what the best SC athletes prep is going to be different. I think she needs to be healhy more than anything and this does that I think much more than the super high intensity itu stuff will do.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who won? I missed it?
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
Super encouraging for sure. Swim is finally coming around.

Good thing he did that super big swim block :)
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahahaha. Lionel someone they said.
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
Scotttriguy wrote:

Did she get DQ?

Wow. That would be brutal, but if she did speed through the zone there is no excuse for it. It's one of the most known rules from any race and talked so thoroughly about at pro meetings. Unfortunate, but I don't see her winning the appeal.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I'm guessing OS video will come out Tuesday?

Wager he mentions "if I had only done this 10 years ago with swim block focused training" as a takeaway, lol.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:
Scotttriguy wrote:

Did she get DQ?

Wow. That would be brutal, but if she did speed through the zone there is no excuse for it. It's one of the most known rules from any race and talked so thoroughly about at pro meetings. Unfortunate, but I don't see her winning the appeal.

Did she actually speed through the downhill that has had he limit since the year after Perry Rendina died? It's been around since 2008 or so if I recall correctly (in the Camp Pendleton section).

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no idea other than the post from this thread. Maybe she was DQ'd for leaving the course if she didn't actually double back and complete the entire marked course after missing the turn?

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Is it too early to now say Lionel is an early favorite for Kona? I don't think so.

Sadly Lionel won't get the chance to beat Frodo, but if he keeps training smart with his eye on the prize he will beat the Norwegiansn in Kona.

But he's really got to get that sauna protocol right. It's still an question of his heat prep.
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
Knibb racing these 1 off IM Series events will in actuality basically create outlier points for everyone else in a bad way. Again 2nd place is getting 1846, that's roughly same as 10th on the men today. That wont be anywhere close to the norm for other events, so it's actually kinda kick in the teeth type of finish for these podium athletes when the end of year points start getting added up and these *poor* scores are yet podium places..

both ironman and pto have to work in their score system .ironman is great for people not sandbagging. while strenght of field should be refelcted at the end of the day as well so it should be a mix of placing time differecne and strenght of field points.

at the same time i have to say i find the ironman scoring system more interesting than the t100 scoring.
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Who won? I missed it?

The Canuck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Who won? I missed it?

Taylor Knibb I think?

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Who won? I missed it?

Quote unquote, ABSOLUTLY the likes of taylor knibb and lionel sanders.
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What happened to Braeden Currie?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PTO tri news on their stories mentioned this and also braden currie also with DQ for speed. If you look on IM app for both, it says "Disqualified: Excessive speed in controlled section."
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking like your aero time with Lionel definitely paid off! How much of the work you did with him stick for his race day setup?
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lionel needs to enlist the all-time legend, hockey player Chris Chelios to discuss his extensive stationary bike sauna sessions!
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [dcpinsonn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [mitchrapp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heat acclimation isn’t really the issue with Lionel. It’s his poor nutrition strategies or lack thereof that he’s been able to get away with over the years at every other race but Kona.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FuzzyRunner wrote:
Looking like your aero time with Lionel definitely paid off! How much of the work you did with him stick for his race day setup?

From what I saw, 100 percent.
Lionel is not the guy he used to be.
He is obviously listening to a few key people and I completely exclude myself from that list. Important people!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
The time gap I think was certianly a weak field, but what I kinda find interesting. Theoretically if she is in "paris prep", she likely shouldn't even be in this type of "non draft" shape. But then again, she's sorta much more of a hybrid type of training program I think (it was noted she was doing IM prep bike rides 5 months prior to paris test event in training). So I think what her prep is and what the best SC athletes prep is going to be different. I think she needs to be healhy more than anything and this does that I think much more than the super high intensity itu stuff will do.

We know that she is one of the best Short Course Athletes. We also know that 70.3 training isn't that much different from Olympic distance training. Where it gets real different is Ironman. But even then Blummenfelt is the outlier...and some of us think she is similar.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hubcaps wrote:
PTO tri news on their stories mentioned this and also braden currie also with DQ for speed. If you look on IM app for both, it says "Disqualified: Excessive speed in controlled section."

Daniela Ryf got DQ 2 years ago… so no one gets a free pass!

https://triathlonmagazine.ca/...h-a-dq-for-speeding/
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She's not built for ITU success, that's the main issue. I mean she' can certainly be world class and podium and top 10 overall itu athlete, but if you are talking about what she is built for. She's built for LC non-draft, I knew she was going to crush non-draft more than itu since seeing her race since she was 15 years old. Most espeically itu that is getting more and more boring and less interesting courses.

She only went itu pathway because that's the olympic pathway. If it wasn't that, she basically never would have gone itu beyond juniors type of racing only.

She’s going to win Kona as many times as she wants unless she starts a family. She’s going to crush it as soon as she actually properly trains up for it.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Apr 6, 24 13:14
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTL wrote:
hubcaps wrote:

Daniela Ryf got DQ 2 years ago… so no one gets a free pass!

https://triathlonmagazine.ca/...h-a-dq-for-speeding/

Honestly, there’s no excuse for this, they make it so clear.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply

Prev Next