Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April)
Quote | Reply
Where do I get a reasonable live stream these days for Ironman pro events? Can someone post link in this thread. I see its not raining from fb posts but it is cool. I didn't see a normal "race day thread" which is great if you show up part way in between and you can catch up on what happened up to that point reading the comments so let's put them here so that anyone out training can catch up on the race events without replaying the entire video stream
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Dev,

Outside+ Livestream at https://watch.outsideonline.com/...stream-24?scope=anon
Working fine from southern Ontario.

@Kid
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [atkid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the first time I'm hearing the new CEO talk and I do not get the sense the pro end of the sport is of any interest to him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great I am going to be toggling between Paris Roubaix Femmes and the Lionel's swim sucks + where is Race Ranger show all morning!!! Should have been in the corral in Oceanside now, but alas back home freezing in Canada. This is the next best option I guess
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YIKES! 3m is not enough of a gap for the ladies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hopping on my trainer at start of the race, thinking I should do a 30-45-sec sprint every time Dede says "...the likes of..." or if they pronounce Jelle Geens' name incorrectly. On 2nd thought, probably won't because I wouldn't last very long.

@Kid
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard yesterday water was well below 60F. I see pros with neoprene caps. What's the water temp?
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"that looks like maybe it's so and so."

in 2024, it's time for all pro athletes to have color-coded caps, and huge race numbers stenciled on the side. we shouldn't be guessing at who's who in the water these days.

anyway, looks like 3 on the front now. my guess is still that aside from whoever breaks off the front, we'll have a long line of guys at T1 rather than discrete groups per se.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ultimately I guess it doesn't really matter, but I'm always baffled why they can't do something like put numbers on the pros' swim caps, or some other identifier, to make it easier to spot them in the water. I guess in the end, they come out of water and we see where they are. Or, this isn't really a spectator sport.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
I heard yesterday water was well below 60F. I see pros with neoprene caps. What's the water temp?

They said 59F on the broadcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
59 according to the broadcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope that this commercial every couple minutes is just for the beginning here, very annoying to just cut in while they are talking and showing something going on. Then they come back in the middle of a sentence, so I guess the announcers really dont know when they cut them away.

Good coverage thus far when they have it, swim looked super easy for everyone, not the melee that was predicted..ANd when they did the overhead shots, the surf was not bad at all, could have done that surf swim and around, at least for the pros..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
~45 air, can't remember the exact number. Water was definitely 59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
atkid wrote:
Hopping on my trainer at start of the race, thinking I should do a 30-45-sec sprint every time Dede says "...the likes of..." or if they pronounce Jelle Geens' name incorrectly. On 2nd thought, probably won't because I wouldn't last very long.

@Kid

And do it every time Dede laughs on one of her own jokes.

And when she speaks over the other commentators.

And during commercials.

You'll be dead by T1.

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [kmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I have to watch these same KT and Gatorade commercials one more time....

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Top ladies starting to lap the slower men now, do we know if there were any announcements at the pro meeting on how those guys should react once on the bike? I mean they should have the chance to go through and ride away, but if they can't??
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know the sponsors want their airtime, but I will never buy a pair of Hokas specifically because of how much their commercials have ruined my watching experience.
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know the water conditions in harbour, but looks pretty calm with just a few ripples? Should be a fast swim day?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Outside Watch literally has to be the worst f’ing platform for Ironman to showcase their events. I hope they are getting a shit ton of money to put up with this crap…….

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man 50 years later and they still cannot get a lead paddler to paddle the actual course, frustrating...
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
I know the sponsors want their airtime, but I will never buy a pair of Hokas specifically because of how much their commercials have ruined my watching experience.

There are more commercials than network tv.

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do they not just have to follow the same drafting rules as normal? Maybe I do not understand what you are asking...

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fenella leading out the ladies - i really like her style!

leader out a hair under 23:00, geens at :40seconds. lange/currie out now too - that's a good swim for patrick. apparently a string of men ~45 seconds long!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Last edited by: iron_mike: Apr 6, 24 7:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lionel great swim 25th out but only 1:38 down.
Quote Reply

Prev Next