Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, you have the interviews and video spots featuring TriDot and Athletic Brewing - not the traditional ads, but definitely paid advertising. And Gatorade has had their ad play a few times. And KT of course about 1000 times.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup. The coverage is again awful.

Leaderboard is wrong. It’s plain as day it’s not Sanders in second anymore.

The front camera bike did a Quick Look back at the bikes following Sam and then back to Sam. We all saw it wasn’t Sanders. Commentary makes no real mention of it. Is there not a central director dictating to the on road camera crew to show what’s going on? If we see it, you would hope they would too..

For the pro series I can’t believe there isn’t even the increase in timing mats to provide a more accurate leaderboard.

Regards, Richard
3D Bits and Pieces - https://www.printables.com/@thetrickster_793480
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm getting back to back commercials for vacationing in Texas. go figure
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can Spierl or Riele run?

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So 5 paid advertisers and then Outside doing their own advertising to get all us free loaders to pay for Outside tv after. You can understand why it's Outside ads well more than any other. And again IM doesn't give a shit about their pro coverage. See 5 companies paid to advertise during it's coverage.

For reference PGA Tour has 52 sponsored brands.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Apr 6, 24 9:12
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, agree with you.

(slightly different point) I can say that as an advertiser I gave Outside/Triathlete a go and it was a very very very bad investment.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Apr 6, 24 9:14
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [thetrickster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The leaderboard has never been a live leaderboard. It’s always been tied directly to the timing mats placed throughout the course. It’s an output of the tracker.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those chicanes into T2 are going to be a meat ginder for the age groupers. How many crashes are going to happen there??

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What in the hell are they doing riding their bikes around chicanes beside the T area? They couldn't just get off at the start of T area?

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Well, you have the interviews and video spots featuring TriDot and Athletic Brewing - not the traditional ads, but definitely paid advertising. And Gatorade has had their ad play a few times. And KT of course about 1000 times.

I wonder how many ads were part of their sponsorship package/tie in with Ironman?

i did see an Athletic brewing tap at my local watering hole the other day. The owner socially rides mtn bikes occasionally along w/one of the bartenders. I'd be willing to bet 0 influence from Ironman on placing that on tap and the growing trend towards not drinking.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
re: a prior posters comment, Knibb’s fit on the bike looks really good.

Sam really looks great on the bike. Took the time to dial in his bike fit this winter along with rehaul of his run training that includes more weekly hills, slower runs and an uptick in volume. I think we’re seeing a replay of Miami but on a course that better suits him and if he has his Miami run, I’m not sure he can be chased down.

Relaying a text from Arman: is there a way to make the flapping race numbers more aero, legally?

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Last edited by: milesthedog: Apr 6, 24 9:18
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JG lost 2 mins to the front group the final 15 miles.

SL looked good and efficient in T2.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Answering Alex Arman's qeustion.... I think the numbers are required by the Marine base, right? I guess they could wear a nopins suit if they were worried about it.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [bobbystans1220] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welch is an idiot. Leaders running outta t2 and he’s Talking about Lange. He probably doesn’t even know Lange is 8mins down. Gimme that PTO. Broadcast all day!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SO good for the two guys up front, our ST favorites sam and Lionel. Hope they are both feeling great here on the run, Geens back 2;30 or so, should be enough for either one or both of them if they push each other to the runs they are capable of..

Should quiet down a lot of the haters too, looking forward to the next vids from both of these guys..
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ut oh, LS and Landry semi dropping SL; they gained 14s in 1st mile on SL.

Let's see how this goes.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya Laundry was always the guy I thought got the least love here, and he has won this dam thing before!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the first mile uphill? These guys all running 6:20-6:38 pace. Or is the measured vs. real distance for the timing mat just way off?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought Knibb would only be able to shut it down towards the back half / 10 mile ish on the run. She literally can *cruise* rom the start of this run (we know she won't initially).

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Apr 6, 24 9:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Out running SL by 20 secs in 1 mile seems stupid!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If Knibb races this run smart, she will settle into a nice steady tempo at the high end, perhaps more like ironman pace. Then negative split it and keep it under control the whole time, to set herself up for an easy recovery week. Probably still distance the two chasers, which is all she needs to do as the runners in the race are well off the pace and will lose tons of time on the bike..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Lovato is spot on re: Jackson’s chip on his shoulder. At Skipper’s meet up, he’s super professional and polite, but he seemed bugged that no one was really talking about his chance for the win.

As for Knibb, really curious what the experts here think of her performance stacks up historically.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lionel has a small gap even though of course we aren’t seeing it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is just stupid lol. She's killed it. Unbelievable just how strong she is right now and she's technically in Paris prep mode. My god.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol we got a battle at 1st place and we aint even going to see it, lol.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply

Prev Next