Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pics of your tri bike [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
Sorry for the poor quality photo. P5D, Sram Red AXS etap, Quark, Zipp wheels, slowman consult. FAST!
Hi David, what is your rear double cage / and holder? thank you . Trying to figure out how to attach two bottle to the back in the most sleek way
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [ehardin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"what is your rear double cage / and holder? thank you ."
---------------------------------------------
I have been using the same thing since the early '90s. I LOVE the Minoura bottle holder. Very simple, solid, light, and aero. See: https://www.amazon.com/...-Mount/dp/B076LS2TYH I use Profile Kages on in. It is still the best solution I have ever found.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
"what is your rear double cage / and holder? thank you ."

thank you, appreciate that. Can you please ID what flat kit is on this bike?
---------------------------------------------
I have been using the same thing since the early '90s. I LOVE the Minoura bottle holder. Very simple, solid, light, and aero. See: https://www.amazon.com/...-Mount/dp/B076LS2TYH I use Profile Kages on in. It is still the best solution I have ever found.
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No fancy race setup, but just got in my first outdoor ride today since mid October. I got the bike in the late fall, and have put lot of Zwift hours on it. I will have HED 9 and disc wheels if I ever get to race! Arm pads are a lot narrower than on my previous bike, and it took 10-15 minutes to get used to the 'twitchier' steering due to a narrower center of gravity. I did mount the junction box outside of the frame for easier charging and access. I added a Power2Max crank with 54/42 chain-ring and USE extensions. It feels faster than my previous bike (Blue Triad SL) on similar wattage, but that's only from one ride. I'll have to compare things over time to previous rides and races.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [ehardin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't see in that photo very well, but it looks to me like an X-Lab "Multi-Strike Repair Holder" See: https://www.xlab-usa.com/...e-repair-holder.html Or similar.

FWIW - I love my 2 in back, BTA, and repair kit in a modified Cerlevo aero bottle. I really don'r see how I could set it up any better.

Best wishes,

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that is definitely not it - I only see one bottle cage in the picture and have no idea how this would attach to a single cage. I saw this bike pic on this forum, trying to find the owner so I can ask :/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
I can't see in that photo very well, but it looks to me like an X-Lab "Multi-Strike Repair Holder" See: https://www.xlab-usa.com/...e-repair-holder.html Or similar.

FWIW - I love my 2 in back, BTA, and repair kit in a modified Cerlevo aero bottle. I really don'r see how I could set it up any better.

Best wishes,

I take it back, I think I see how that could work with a single cage. Attached this first then cage on top. Might need longer bolts but I think I got some
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2020 Dimond Area 51
Last edited by: raven6: Mar 23, 20 12:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Custom Felt IA10, Sram etap, Quarq elsa w 55t, Zipp cockpit and wheels, tri rig brakes.

https://imgur.com/a/axvoGSw
Last edited by: 22nealr: Mar 23, 20 13:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't tweak my position on Bucephalus any further. I've got the seat at its forward limit and the stem all the way down.

Last edited by: Fredo_Adagio: Mar 24, 20 3:23
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [Fredo_Adagio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may relocate the name sticker to the seat post since the background black is a bit too flat for the frame.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fredo_Adagio wrote:
I can't tweak my position on Bucephalus any further. I've got the seat at its forward limit and the stem all the way down.

If you want the cockpit lower, have you considered using a 25, 35 or even 45 degree stem "upside down" to lower the base bar?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
we've had threads on this in the past, but i'd like to start a new one if you don't mind. as the season is approaching i have a renewed interest in what you all are riding. this is for tri. no-draft, aerobar, road tri. whaddya got?

what about yours?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Slowman wrote:
we've had threads on this in the past, but i'd like to start a new one if you don't mind. as the season is approaching i have a renewed interest in what you all are riding. this is for tri. no-draft, aerobar, road tri. whaddya got?

what about yours?

i'm building up a new QR PR6. i'll show it to you as morphs into something worth showing. i also have a cervelo.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Slowman wrote:

what about yours?

i'm building up a new QR PR6. i'll show it to you as morphs into something worth showing. i also have a cervelo.

I understand you used to ride a Cannondale.

Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [jacob2727] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jacob2727 wrote:
Fredo_Adagio wrote:

If you want the cockpit lower, have you considered using a 25, 35 or even 45 degree stem "upside down" to lower the base bar?

I'm at a good stopping point. My forward vision is limited to the slot between my helmet and the top of my sunglasses.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fredo_Adagio wrote:
Slowman wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Slowman wrote:

what about yours?

yessir. that was a couple of bikes ago. more than a dozen years ago. nothing's changed except the color of the bike and the color of the rider's hair.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Fredo_Adagio wrote:
Slowman wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Slowman wrote:

what about yours?

yessir. that was a couple of bikes ago. more than a dozen years ago. nothing's changed except the color of the bike and the color of the rider's hair.

Hair?

Sorry about that. I shouldn't say anything. I ride for Team Rogaine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's mine... sorry for the cluttered photo!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
starting point for a little project I have in mind over the next couple of months...

(why won't the photo show? i can upload the file, but not inline. MS edge and chrome)

[moderator's note: here it is inline. i don't know why it wouldn't work for you. i'll be interested to see how this project progresses.]

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Last edited by: Slowman: Mar 24, 20 8:15
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [SikaH] [ In reply to ]