Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pics of your tri bike [adoucett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet ride! I have the same Mavic CXR 80s on my Orbea Ordu. Absolutely never had a problem with them. You will love them! Super fast!
Quote Reply
Post deleted by dani-x [ In reply to ]
Re: Pics of your tri bike [dani-x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BoB. I'll have to get some new photos to put on.
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because it shows (1) there was no thought or factory testing done before you started selling this product (maybe your test was immediately before sale I can’t recall precise timing); 2) the “test” is so half-assed, thoughtless, meaningless that it makes you look worse than no testing at all; (3) its like walking into the kitchen of your favorite pizza place and seeking it a dirty, chaotic mess and finding the recipes which suck. I’d rather just enjoy the food without knowing.
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn’t “need” a tri bike, but local bike shop closing in December led to a nice price and a holiday gift for self. Still waiting to race ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Few changes since my original post:
- Zipp Disc
-Ceramic Speed chain wax
-Di2
-Aerocoach Chain Catcher
-Torhans bento
Very happy with her...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2019 Cervelo P3X
Ultegra Di2 Disc
ENVE 7.8's (25mm tires)
Ceramic Speed BB & OSPW
Pioneer Dual Sided Power Meter

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Last edited by: TriSpencer: Aug 17, 20 20:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

My first build and my first tri-bike; pandemic project. Got the 2017 frame brand new and built up the rest. Still need to chop the tube down and route the Di2 internally but once I got it done enough to ride I just haven't been able to stop long enough to mess with it. Just put the Power2Max PM with Praxis rings on there last week which was quick and easy, first PM on a bike too.
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [TakeYourTime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TakeYourTime wrote:
Few changes since my original post:
- Zipp Disc
-Ceramic Speed chain wax
-Di2
-Aerocoach Chain Catcher
-Torhans bento
Very happy with her...

very nice. this is your 1x project. questions:

1. why did you change your rear disc?
2. you shouldn't have had a chain derail project if you ran a clutch RD and narrow-wide CR. did you? why did you add the chain catcher?
3. 52x28 still fine for you? don't need smaller gears for your riding?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HI Dan,

Yeap, the 1x rig.

1) A second hand Zipp Disc came along for a bargain, so thought why not. Also, now I have both wheels as Tubular, where as before the disc was clincher. Much easier to carry spare kit for one type of Tyre choice.
2) To be honest, I only got the chain catcher as a precaution. Never had a drop, but decided to get it... just in case.
3) Gearing has been fine up until this point. Although in saying that, I have never taken her up hills/mountain climbs. Mostly pure flat to undulating terrain, and this has worked well.

Oh, and changed to the Bontrager Hilo Comp saddle... which I love.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will never be able to own a 1967 Shelby Cobra 427. But I was able to overhaul and rebuild my original 1997 Softride PowerWing to come close![/img][/img][/img][/img][/img]

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2020 Project, updating the old Quintana PR3
Before and after pic

Last edited by: coolny29: Sep 12, 20 17:07
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [coolny29] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That update looks pretty slick. Did you build yourself a hydration/fairing in front of the head tube?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's my covid art project from March. Gave my old Felt b16 some custom paint (spray.bike!!) and dropped a chainring in the re-build. And a 1x bonus- I had an empty extension that I now use for my Wolftooth tubeless plug tool.

And here's the before:

And some more process photos below. Sanded everything down to the primer. Painted base coats, did a bunch of masking, sanded in-between every coat, added some clear matte for the finish. Oh, and built a positive-pressure spray booth to keep everything clean (and the enginerd bonus points). My neighbors probably thought I was Dexter.

Pretty happy with the results!

Last edited by: tkeds: Sep 15, 20 12:46
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [tkeds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's very impressive. For a layman's perspective, can I ask what the positive pressure spray booth does?

Did you sand by hand or use a tool? Same question for getting rid of the original paint

Thanks
David
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very impressive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is a Tririg fairing which I cut to size. It also has a Tririg brake under it.
Last edited by: coolny29: Sep 16, 20 7:43
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [davidwilcock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adding airflow (with a few furnace filters) to the spray booth helps to clean up the air around the bike frame and keep dust and over spray from landing on the fresh paint. Positive pressure is when the fan blows in and prevents any flammable fumes from passing the fan motor which could spark. There are other advantages/considerations too and choosing positive pressure vs negative pressure might depend on the specific application, but for negative pressure you'd most likely want an explosion-proof exhaust fan.

I sanded by hand. The initial sanding took awhile to get down to the original primer (and I didn't want to get anywhere close to the carbon). In between fresh coats it went pretty quick since I was just knocking down any texture that appeared.
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [Nodejs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nodejs wrote:
This is my new dream Bike !

Do you have a pointer to the bag behind the handle bars?

Great color, I'm pretty tired of all the dark color bikes and would love to repaint my old P2 but I think it's beyond my skillset.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tkeds wrote:
Here's my covid art project from March. Gave my old Felt b16 some custom paint (spray.bike!!) and dropped a chainring in the re-build. And a 1x bonus- I had an empty extension that I now use for my Wolftooth tubeless plug tool.

And here's the before:

And some more process photos below. Sanded everything down to the primer. Painted base coats, did a bunch of masking, sanded in-between every coat, added some clear matte for the finish. Oh, and built a positive-pressure spray booth to keep everything clean (and the enginerd bonus points). My neighbors probably thought I was Dexter.

Pretty happy with the results!

That's pretty sweet! How did you do the graphics?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I saw your post too- your paint job looks great!

I bought some vinyl decals to use as stencils for the logos and used masking tape for the lines, then peeled everything off before clear coat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Xterra Rig (Ellie’s Butter)

Going-faster-than-you-think rig (Hayabusa)

Last edited by: Yutaka Sonik: Sep 16, 20 19:41
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [Yutaka Sonik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been messing around with PlastDip due to the lack of events this year. I like the fact that I don't have to tamper with the original finish and, if done correctly, still have something that looks decent. Pro tip, don't try and apply when its 100+ degrees in NorCal. Learned that lesson with the road bike

Didn't like the original green, white, grey that my 2018 P2 came with and have been wanting to change the colors for a long time. Still need to figure out hydration, looking at the aeria system if I can fit it on the aura pro bar I have. Also, some TriRig Ergo cups are on the way. Was looking at the scoops or Revolver ProRok XL but I like a narrow setup and wouldn't have room for them. I flipped my extensions to try a higher rise so want to see how that goes for a while before I upgrade to a new base bar which should give me many more options for adjustment. And finally going to fix the GP5000 logo in the rear :) Then it'll be set (hopefully) for some spring racing!

Tri suit is a loud pink/blue so I figured I'll let it do the talking and keep the bike stealth. I dig this, but still considering some custom transfer stickers made in a color that matches the suit. Either last name or just Cervelo. Worked great for a Fuji Roubaix I finished a couple months ago

Dominic Pollizzi

Last edited by: zestypollizzi: Nov 2, 20 20:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tkeds wrote:

Awesome results on your bike.

But I really want to know more about your paint booth, that is even more impressive. Can you share generally your materials and build techniques? And how your airflow goes through it, etc.? Thanks!

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [slower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slower wrote:

Do you have a pointer to the bag behind the handle bars? =

That top tube bag comes with the bike, so you would have to reach out to Willier to get one.
While it does fit the front end well, personally I find it to be a pretty poor solution.
It's held on with velcro and it's tall, so it flops around a lot. Also, the zipper isn't super easy to manipulate while riding.
It doesn't instill much confidence. I'm not a fan.
Quote Reply

Prev Next