Re: Pics of your tri bike [justinhorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you like your Boyd's?
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
How do you like your Boyd's?

No complaints. They are a couple generations removed from current (they're 2015s) so my feeling probably aren't reflective of new ones. That said, while they don't stop amazingly well, they're 'of their time' and are in line with others from that era. Of course, nothing like discs but that's an unfair comparison. Boyd also sponsors a couple guys I'm friends with and they've been really pleasant the couple times I've messaged them.

So in short: I don't have the most informed opinion overall, but only good things.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [justinhorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tasteful color accents. Beautiful!
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Turning 11 soon. Too many mods to sell, so living on a trainer these days.

Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [notaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
notaero wrote:

now that is a NICE machine. if it's on a trainer, then you've upgraded, and it is my guess, and you probably know it as well, that whatever you bought as the upgrade is probably no faster.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
notaero wrote:

I want to know how you use the magura rear brake on the P4. Asking for a friend
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [mebwessel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mebwessel wrote:

Home made disc cover
cut off specialized fulecell to fit bike

VERY cool hack with the fuelcell !!!
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [bluntandy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the off topic reply:
Hi Andy, it was a custom job, if you dont have a machine shop to use, it's probably cost effective to sell the frame and buy a new p2/3 or a p5. The process was:
  1. Measure mounting points from the existing P4 rear brake mount and drew up a mounting adaptor similar to what you see on the old shiv for maguras.
  2. CNC cut the part from titanium due to concerns with Aluminum and fatigue. (I noticed the tolerances on frames varied between p4's - so you'd probably need to measure each bike and adjust the hole centres).
  3. Modify the magura (replace the pivot shoulder bolts with custom m5's and make these double as direct mount bolts, as well as cut off the protruding mounting bolt).
  4. Next drill frame to route a hydraulic cable internally.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
notaero wrote:
Sorry for the off topic reply:
Hi Andy, it was a custom job, if you dont have a machine shop to use, it's probably cost effective to sell the frame and buy a new p2/3 or a p5. The process was:
  1. Measure mounting points from the existing P4 rear brake mount and drew up a mounting adaptor similar to what you see on the old shiv for maguras.
  2. CNC cut the part from titanium due to concerns with Aluminum and fatigue. (I noticed the tolerances on frames varied between p4's - so you'd probably need to measure each bike and adjust the hole centres).
  3. Modify the magura (replace the pivot shoulder bolts with custom m5's and make these double as direct mount bolts, as well as cut off the protruding mounting bolt).
  4. Next drill frame to route a hydraulic cable internally.

Wow. I'm a pretty good wrench but that is beyond me. I do have a custom 3d mount for a regular brake, but for now I'll wait on the magura brakes. Thank for your reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some of my P5. Still going strong. Spring time tires on it but still quick.

Just converted to 1x in the last 6 months. Trying to get a 32 tooth cassette on for some hills but struggling with fine tuning the Di2 RD. Possibly too much for the 7090 RD. Chain to slack? B-Screw? Running out of ideas! I installed a wolf tooth road link to help which has made a huge difference but still finding the RD not shifting to the smallest cog. Anyway plenty of tie to play now I stuck at home.

Cheers and enjoy

Phil

Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [Phil Hodson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's sweet!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did some upgrades during the winter. 54/38 Rotor chain rings, KMC gold and black chain, KCNC OSPW, 11-26 right ratio cassette, disc cover on the Flo 90 and Assioma Duo pedals (not on the bike in this pic). Already added the Revolver mono arm rest in August and really like it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: ttreise: Mar 29, 20 7:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
notaero wrote:

Sorry if this is a silly question but how did you hide the front rim brake cable?

And uhh where's the rear brake?
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [M90] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not able to post pictures- anyone know why?
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [Etip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably too big... Must be less than 250kb in size.
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [Etip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Etip wrote:
I'm not able to post pictures- anyone know why?
My favorite method.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's my new to me P3. Looking forward to pushing some outdoors power on this soon. Was suppose to head to Florida for next weekend's Ron Jon Cocoa Beach Triathlon but COVID-19 got in the way.

Bought it second hand in January and already swapped out the crank to a 105 so I could swap my Stages power meter between it and the road bike. Replaced the Ultegra jockey wheels with Dura Ace. Added the rear Aero Pouch, Torhans BentoX box, K-Edge Wahoo aero mount, BTA bottle holder...swapped the 50mm wheels with my Woven Precision 65/55 set.

Will likely order in an Aerojacket rear wheel cover before my first race....whenever that may be.

Last edited by: WHITEJM74: Mar 31, 20 13:32
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
starting point for a little project I have in mind over the next couple of months...

(why won't the photo show? i can upload the file, but not inline. MS edge and chrome)

[moderator's note: here it is inline. i don't know why it wouldn't work for you. i'll be interested to see how this project progresses.]

current status of the project - several hours of sanding later....

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2019 Felt IA16 -- Mostly stock components, with a few changes/upgrades:

* Hed Jet 6+ wheels - tubeless
* Ultegra 11/30 cassette
* ISM PSN saddle
* Cobb full compact chain ring with 155 cranks
* Favero Assioma Duo power meter pedals
* Wahoo Elemnt Bolt mounted between the aero extensions

Last edited by: Mongo: Mar 31, 20 13:34
Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [Mongo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still have a few things to switch out but heres where I'm at right now

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my Orbea Ordu

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New Argon-18 E-117 Disc. With a few little add-ons (Tririg Sigma stem, Revolver Ergo Mantis cups, Dash Stage saddle). Currently rocking the training wheels & waiting for the disc on raceday, whenever that may be.

Quote Reply
Re: Pics of your tri bike [aka_finto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

It's not much, but it's my "new" bike. Found a great deal on a lightly used tri bike and my wife finally let me buy one. Plan on adding some storage and a power meter to it.
Last edited by: duganator99: Apr 1, 20 9:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2014 Cervelo P2: TriRig Omega Brakes (rear routed through top tube), TriRig Alpha X Bars, Ultegra R8000 groupset, Rotor 3D Crankset, Powertap P1 pedals, Alto 86/52 clinchers w/ conti GP 5000s & Vittoria latex tubes, ISM PN 1.1 saddle, X-Lab storage and BTA set up.

Quote Reply

Prev Next