Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wonder how much time Lionel will lose in T2 putting on his huge socks (not joking....)
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Taylor’s positions and equipment choices look so much better
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should have put them on in T1 like Knibb.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why are they not showing the front of men's race? Come on.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sperl's bottle is only about 1 inch into that rear cage...

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geens 20s to the 5th wheel at that check point. 30s to the front. They need to put a minute on him over the last 13.5 miles imo or he can run them down. I'm only feeling good if I'm Long or Sanders even with 60s+
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [dcpinsonn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is unwatchable. No way Outside and Ironman think it is acceptable to have ads every 45 seconds
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [dcpinsonn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dubrick in really good position to battle for a final podium spot.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The key there is that Geens is all on his own, and that last 12 miles is brutal and really rewards big guys with big power. So I expect they will put a bunch more time on him, but more important, taking some of the piss out of his run too..
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lionel hanging in second but looks like he is working super hard to keep sam in sight
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dcpinsonn wrote:
Geens 20s to the 5th wheel at that check point. 30s to the front. They need to put a minute on him over the last 13.5 miles imo or he can run them down. I'm only feeling good if I'm Long or Sanders even with 60s+

They better have the camera ready for the start of this run as we are going to have an itu take off 10+ surging the first 5 km.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Knibb is unreal. 2:05:00 total time at 42.5 miles on the bike. That would have her 31st in the men's race, with the long T1 to put on socks...
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sam making his push as he should at this point, this is a great spot on the course for a guy like him. And to me it is Laundry that is the real threat at the moment, be good to get a gap on him too.
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [elecious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
elecious wrote:
Re skipper

He has said he's not here for a position, he's here for time gap as every second lost to finisher is a point dropped. I imagine he's just riding to a specific wattage and will run to 3:20/km pace and see where he finishes. Not sure what time gap he's been happy with though

I don’t think he should be too disappointed with how things are going so far, he’s never seemed under any illusion that he’s really a contender over 70.3.

He said on his podcast this week his main focus was to finish well in relation to the others going for the overall IM series ie Patrick Lange, Matt Hanson and he’s well ahead of both now. I expect he’ll want a good gap to PL off the bike though.
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
So is Knibb virtually ahead of Lange? Tough day for Patrick

Taylor is virtually 31st overall just in front of Matt Hanson… 1:39 virtually behind Lange physically 4:39

Physically on the road she’s 35th overall on the road (because of 3 minutes start behind the men).
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When they did the last pan back, looked like someone came around Lionel and was pulling them back to Sam
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
This is unwatchable. No way Outside and Ironman think it is acceptable to have ads every 45 seconds

I wonder if Didi and Matt know they're speaking to no one as they commentate through half of the commercials.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dcpinsonn wrote:
Knibb is unreal. 2:05:00 total time at 42.5 miles on the bike. That would have her 31st in the men's race, with the long T1 to put on socks...

8 minute lead 40 miles into the bike. Should be racing the men today
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [cherry_bomb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
at 42 mi into the bike Knibb is 8:14 ahead of Findlay in second.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Outside is an abomination. Nothing will ever change even with new clowns in charge at Ironman
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
8 minute lead 40 miles into the bike. Should be racing the men today //

You think she would be happy being in 31st place? Remember in the past the top women in Kona and other Ironmans, are often top 20 to 25 overall, so this is not that big a deal. One year PNF got 11th overall in Kona even..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These adverts are crazy!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So here's the thing. What commercial have we been seeing? I dont think I've seen any products other than Outside. So no one is buying into the coverage, and of course for IM it's never really been about the pro product. They are an race producition company not an pro develoopment series. So I'm guessing they've gotten like no product sponsors who have ever wanted to buy in for ad space. Thus it's basically Outside infomercial every ad.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KT and whatever the car ad is (Lexus?)

Lange took a wrong turn somewhere. Not sure if that was mentioned already, but that explains the lousy bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside Livestream and Race Day Posts (6 April) [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
its seems like there's a disconnect between commentators and broadcast.
"well be back after these messages..." followed by a minute of silence, and cutting to commercial mid-sentence.
Quote Reply

Prev Next