Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Re: [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
I am sure that Lionel is being coached by Jan.

After LS retires, he will be the best triathlon coach of all time. He's made a lot of mistakes, coached by a Norwegian, good swim coaches and now Jan. Just think about knowledge that he has by then. Amazing...
Quote Reply
Re: Re: [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
dfru wrote:
I am sure that Lionel is being coached by Jan.

After LS retires, he will be the best triathlon coach of all time. He's made a lot of mistakes, coached by a Norwegian, good swim coaches and now Jan. Just think about knowledge that he has by then. Amazing...

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's amazing. He's really intelligent, but organizing all those thoughts while coaching yourself is not the most efficient way for most to make the best decisions sometimes. But I think you could be right - maybe not best of all time but...really effing good lol

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
Mark Mathews said on the podcast Jan confirmed it to him directly, so unless he is making up conversations he never had..

ok you are a smart guy if you were lionel and are looking for a coach , would you go with a guy that has never coached andybody or would you go with the guy that coached jan and and 2 other kona winners and is generally regarded as one of the best coaches in the world.

if he was looking for a mentor and an advisor i can see how he would chose jan , if he was looking for a coach i seriously struggle why he would go with another junior coach that has never really coached ......

thats why iam interested how they actually work together,

at the same time i would not have thought that one of the top 5 soccer clubs in the world sign a coach that was just relegated from the premier league, so everything is possible.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
Mark Mathews said on the podcast Jan confirmed it to him directly, so unless he is making up conversations he never had..

Mark is a source for one thing, that's his wife. The HABs club is a poor podcast and they do more negative than they do good. It would be great if they all stopped opening their mouths. "Jan told me this so it's totally true"...sorry but unless Jan says it on your podcast in a serious manner it isn't real.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

Mark is a source for one thing, that's his wife. The HABs club is a poor podcast and they do more negative than they do good. It would be great if they all stopped opening their mouths. "Jan told me this so it's totally true"...sorry but unless Jan says it on your podcast in a serious manner it isn't real.

yeah, i think a grain or two of salt is the bare minimum cost of entry for that podcast. i also think that they can end up in a tricky position: talbot, for instance, sometimes like to troll with misdirection or straight-up goofs in his videos, which can be entertaining i guess, but then it's a lot harder to take him seriously later on when he says, "no really, this time i'm not joking around."

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

yeah, i think a grain or two of salt is the bare minimum cost of entry for that podcast. i also think that they can end up in a tricky position: talbot, for instance, sometimes like to troll with misdirection or straight-up goofs in his videos, which can be entertaining i guess, but then it's a lot harder to take him seriously later on when he says, "no really, this time i'm not joking around."

This could have been written by a 13-year old girl who's complaining about how she never knows if her sarcastic friend is being serious or not
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Nillsvdb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok, thanks!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's unfortunate.

There is an interesting discussion around to polar opposite ways of doing things coming together and we don't seem to be able to get past childish name calling.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
It's unfortunate.

There is an interesting discussion around to polar opposite ways of doing things coming together and we don't seem to be able to get past childish name calling.

I, for one, truly appreciate your contributions to this thread.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To get this thread mildly back on track or at least away from grown men insulting each other on the internet I present this comical head to head graphic that gave me a good chuckle.

Last edited by: Lagoon: May 31, 24 10:39
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Nillsvdb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nillsvdb wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

This could have been written by a 13-year old girl who's complaining about how she never knows if her sarcastic friend is being serious or not
The unnecessary action by them to break news and foment rumors is why they should not be trusted as a platform. They have the potential, like Jack Kelly to be incredible. But they choose to do the other.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
The unnecessary action by them to break news and foment rumors is why they should not be trusted as a platform. They have the potential, like Jack Kelly to be incredible. But they choose to do the other.

When the intro of the podcast says they are fake news, I personally don't take everything at face value.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hear hear 😂

It’s one of the reasons I like the podcast. Triathlon is boring when taken seriously. It’s a lot more interesting when mocked. But it’s the most interesting when you can’t be sure if they’re pulling your leg or actually announcing some breakthrough thing.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply

Prev Next