Prev Next
The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread
Quote | Reply
You asked, we delivered.

All Lionel talk goes here.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Long overdue. Lionel has really made an impact for Inter Miami and soccer/football in the US, overall. Heck, he is the top scorer in MLS and his team is advancing in the semifinals.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am already deeply regretting this.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard on the internet Lionel kicked LCB in the swimming pool, and hence she has the foot issue. What do you think of her diet change? Would she had a chance at the olympics in Paris if she wouldn't have changed? Some say Lucy gets all the attention even in threads not about her, but she is the most interesting athlete in triathlon. Lets discuss Lucy more.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [slow_bob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread is really going to be something.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh my GAWD the smile on my face opening the forums this morning!!!

KJ
Swim and Triathlon Coach
AllTerrainEndurance.com
KJ@allterrainendurance.com
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [swimcyclesprint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had to check with the Internet but YES, it is April 1st.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Lionel! More chewy in the videos please!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Talbot - our challenge to you. We know he's partial to Discord but please convince Lionel to reply (at least once) to this thread. Thereby justifying its existence and absolving Ryan of all doubts of it's folly.

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tinman wrote:
Talbot - our challenge to you. We know he's partial to Discord but please convince Lionel to reply (at least once) to this thread. Thereby justifying its existence and absolving Ryan of all doubts of it's folly.

I just think it’s funny that a professional YouTuber gets top rung on the ladder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lionel Sanders...greatest Canadian TTer of all time, defeated Jens Voigt + Eddy Merckx + Francesco Moser + Jacques Anquetil over the hour with a 51.304 distance measurement!!! (correction, Moser went 51.840 in 94 defeating his own 1984 51.151....the latter Lionel beat)

Thank you Lionel...triathletes can now hold their heads high in the presence of roadies from now to the end of time in spite of not being able to hold a straight line !!!

Now we can carry on with Lionel theo social media content king, which we may interchangeably swap with Lionel the 2xIronman worlds runner up.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Lionel Sanders...greatest Canadian TTer of all time, defeated Jens Voigt + Eddy Merckx + Francesco Moser + Jacques Anquetil over the hour with a 51.304 distance measurement!!! (correction, Moser went 51.840 in 94 defeating his own 1984 51.151....the latter Lionel beat)

Thank you Lionel...triathletes can now hold their heads high in the presence of roadies from now to the end of time in spite of not being able to hold a straight line !!!

Now we can carry on with Lionel theo social media content king, which we may interchangeably swap with Lionel the 2xIronman worlds runner up.

think he could hold off Derek Gee ?

there is a reason roadies don't try it and this record will hold
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not sticky some of these other popular threads?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone asked, the people voted, and I am a man of the people.

Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

think he could hold off Derek Gee ?

there is a reason roadies don't try it and this record will hold

As it stands Lionel is faster than all Canadian roadies ever over the hour and beaten many TdF, Giro, and World champion cyclists (albeit on different kit). So it is up to Derek Gee to take down the 2xIronman Worlds runner up now. Until then, he is holding the 51.304 mark !!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lionel could have an amazing triathlon parody account just buy continue to tell his story. But, maybe that's normal triathlon life and he's the only one honest about the reality?

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with this. I think you can only compete with whoever shows up. So until Gee or anyone else actually tries it and does better, it is irrelevant if someone out there "might" be faster.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love to see this threat at the top!! As a huge fan of Lionel, I want to see him doing better at everything and getting attentions like this counts as well. He looked a little less energetic in recent videos. I hope he figures things out quickly and brings back old crazy full of energy Lionel back. Until then...
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because this is the official Lionel thread, here's the latest video.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get that but people have been asking for stickies for years. Dan seemingly was against it. Why the change now?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I simply said that we'd offer this one as a sticky if we got enough votes for it.

We did.

Pretty simple.

Now back to the topic at hand -- shouldn't there be fresh Lionel video content by now? Some kind of PTO announcement reaction? LET'S GO. THE PEOPLE ARE WAITING!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread came too late and missed the peak of the Lionel Ridiculousness. It's pretty apparent now that Lionel is what he is. Similar to most of the Lionel fanboys came on board after his YouTube popped off which was after his 2017 2nd place at Kona. They would have loved that moment so much.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [EuroTrash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EuroTrash wrote:
This thread came too late and missed the peak of the Lionel Ridiculousness. It's pretty apparent now that Lionel is what he is. Similar to most of the Lionel fanboys came on board after his YouTube popped off which was after his 2017 2nd place at Kona. They would have loved that moment so much.

Just wait after he races a couple and videos get posted. This thread will blow up.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just to keep things moving…
If the PTO don’t sign Lionel next year. Do we see him switch back to long course?
Quote Reply

Prev Next