Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shame LCB is injured. I was really looking forward to seeing if she could sort her bike leg out and how good she could be.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jonny Brownlee is doing Commonwealths and that's it as far as I'm aware?
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Jonny Brownlee is doing Commonwealths and that's it as far as I'm aware?

I find that a strange one. I can only imagine he is giving 70.3 a serious go, which so far has been a bit of a disaster.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jonny is on the Leeds start list with Yee and Sheldon, though it is a month away (mixed relay event as well)
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought it odd he's not going to race any ITU in the lead up to Commonwealths but as someone has pointed out he's on the Leeds start list.

I always thought he'd so very well at IM/70.3 but it's not been a great start for him, wasn't a strong field at challange grand canaria, he should have won that with his pedigree.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [inkbbl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
inkbbl wrote:
Jonny is on the Leeds start list with Yee and Sheldon, though it is a month away (mixed relay event as well)

Good Commonwealth training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
I thought it odd he's not going to race any ITU in the lead up to Commonwealths but as someone has pointed out he's on the Leeds start list.

I always thought he'd so very well at IM/70.3 but it's not been a great start for him, wasn't a strong field at challange grand canaria, he should have won that with his pedigree.

Yeh a 30th, 6th and 9th is pretty much disastrous. I'd stay at ITU until Paris as he can still be competitive, if maybe not a winner.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he's got a better chance in Paris than Kona or 70.3 worlds going on his last performances at the distances, he was right in the mix at Superleague also.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
I think he's got a better chance in Paris than Kona or 70.3 worlds going on his last performances at the distances, he was right in the mix at Superleague also.

100%.

Whether or not he still has the raw bike power/run pace to create the opportunities for the win, I'm not too sure. But isn't exactly a spring chicken anymore so doing well to still be in that top 5 mix after so many years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can someone remind me what type of course Yokohama is before I make my predictions? From memory, very flat not very break friendly and it'll be hot non wetsuit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you've got the basics.

Mens podium McDowell, Wilde, Bergere
Women's podium will be Duffy Knibb and Spivey

Probably to pro USA. Which has more to do with familiarity than bias.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just a reminder for those who plan on watching it over the weekend: the men's race is first (it starts in just a few hours!!). If you watch the women's race first on replay they will likely tell you the result of the men's race.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
just a reminder for those who plan on watching it over the weekend: the men's race is first (it starts in just a few hours!!). If you watch the women's race first on replay they will likely tell you the result of the men's race.
Are you certain about that? Did they change the schedule? I see the women's race as being first both on the official schedule as well as TriathlonLive.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Last edited by: sciguy: May 13, 22 14:56
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:

This annoys the hell out of me! BBC manage to do this all the time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Men's 1. Wilde 2. Yee 3. Luis
Women's 1. Duffy 2. Beaugrand 3. Knibb
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Island] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Island wrote:
Shame LCB is injured. I was really looking forward to seeing if she could sort her bike leg out and how good she could be.

Has she wrote her chances off already for Paris, that GB women's team is absolute nails to get into.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Men's 1. Wilde 2. Yee 3. Luis
Women's 1. Duffy 2. Beaugrand 3. Knibb

Do you expect Beaugrand to be able to hold the wheels of a Duffy/Knibb duo? She looked great indoors but there wasn't any bike handling involved.

Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure a break will stick, or enough to make a difference, she did look another level at SL so I'm expecting her to factor, maybe she outruns Knibb is what I'm completely guessing.

On the other hand she defo makes front pack, but gets spat out, ends up I'm no man's land and her head drops and she comes no where is likely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
I'm not sure a break will stick, or enough to make a difference, she did look another level at SL so I'm expecting her to factor, maybe she outruns Knibb is what I'm completely guessing.

On the other hand she defo makes front pack, but gets spat out, ends up I'm no man's land and her head drops and she comes no where is likely.

If I remember correctly, Knibb's last foray in Yokohama involved her riding off the front with impunity. Duffy was not there that day and I can only imagine if she was, the duo would have gone to town even more effectively. It will be fun to see if they're on form and if so can GTB, Spivey or Beaugrand can hold their wheels.

Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who are you picking anyway? Instead of picking my predictions to bits!

Anyone know if I can watch this live on BBC Iplayer?
Last edited by: Jackets: May 13, 22 15:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it looks like the women are delayed until 9:16pm est.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was the original start time.....Was it not?
I'm expecting the race to go off in 55 minutes.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [oprfcc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The broadcast is up and running. The rain doesn't look to daunting at this point. The ocean looks for smooth swim conditions as well.

Last edited by: sciguy: May 13, 22 17:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I don't think it was as bad as forecasted. I'm hoping everyone stays upright!
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [oprfcc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oprfcc wrote:
Yeah, I don't think it was as bad as forecasted. I'm hoping everyone stays upright!

Fingers crossed for that too. It's my experience that there always seem to be more flats when it's wet which make things especially sketchy staying upright.

Quote Reply

Prev Next