Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK it's difficult to know where everyone's run is at this point but I'm going 1.Duffy 2. GTB 3. Peroiot

GTB hasn't looked good in SL but she's looking really strong so far (or maybe she's been at the front a lot on the bike cos her runs not there)
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It'll be a tight run for sure. I have no clue. I suspect Lombardia and Kingma will be strong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not going to get too excited, but GTB has dropped everyone and its not like her to go off to fast, who expected this after the average SL performance?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GTB has 7 secs on a group of Duffy, Lombordi, Kingma and Perioit after lap 1.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GTB caught but not passed, all in the same group still on lap 2, GTB gone back to the front of the group.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is tight! All five in a group, 4k in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Masterclass from GTB, this could be the year she completely breaks through and maybe gives Duffy a run for her money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That Lomardi is only 20, definitely one for the future 4th on her debut in WTS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
That Lomardi is only 20, definitely one for the future 4th on her debut in WTS.

Heh, I called it :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Judging what we've just seen I think we're going to get one huge pack come off at T2, not enough fire power in a swim front pack on the bike to make things stick I don't think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roads are drying up. I imagine they guys will be much more grouped up as a result, and hopefully less crashes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wilde and Yee have dropped everyone just into the 2nd lap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Although Wilde seems to be in the better form and more race fit, always seems to go off fast and fade, my moneys on Yee.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Epic battle between Yee and Wilde, Yee takes until the blue carpet to drop Wilde, Wildes first podium in a WTS race, mental considering he's an Olympic bronze medalist!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good call.
Those two were class of the field.

It's not common when the women's race is tighter with 2k to go than the men's race.

Hopefully no one is too banged up from the crashes today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2 British Golds, trying to remember if that's happened before and doesn't ring a bell?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yee’s run clocking in at 28:50…
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
2 British Golds, trying to remember if that's happened before and doesn't ring a bell?

Ali/Jodie in Kitzbuhel, seem to recall Non/Jonny at some point as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [inkbbl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very composed by Yee.

Sat in while Wilde did all the work dropping the field for 3 laps, then that little surge to a feed station to grab a water to give it to Wilde, sporting but a very clear ‘I’m comfy’ message.

Luis injured again? - saw him pulled up literally as I switched on.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [TRO Saracen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRO Saracen wrote:
Very composed by Yee.

Sat in while Wilde did all the work dropping the field for 3 laps, then that little surge to a feed station to grab a water to give it to Wilde, sporting but a very clear ‘I’m comfy’ message.

Luis injured again? - saw him pulled up literally as I switched on.

Looked pretty easy from Yee in the end. Wonder if these two are gonna dominate in the absence of KB?

GTB showing her all-round class once again. Disappointed for BP seemed out of sorts but needs to improve bike handling. 11th still decent.

Is it just me or was the run short?
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who's BP?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beth Potter
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [oprfcc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahh yes, she actually got outrun by a Spaniard I'd never heard of, I think she'll get better as the season goes.
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [inkbbl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
inkbbl wrote:
Yee’s run clocking in at 28:50…

What was Mola and Alistair doing back in the day?
Quote Reply
Re: Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion thread…. [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beth Potter to have a lead pack swim is a massive improvement. Did something happen in the pack for her to suddenly go back so quick?

My takes:

1. Taylor Spivey had a brilliant race as a comeback from 6 months of injury
2. The Italian in 4th for her WTS debut is just awesome
3. Most of the major players looked good for 1st race of the season
4. Yee extremely intelligent running but 35 sec off lead pack swim?
5. Gutted for Beaugrand 1st out of swim and taken out by someone totally beyond her control
5. Gutted for Luis not sure if he came to race carrying an injury
6. Knibb looked out of sorts but it is a long season and I think come the World Champs she will be one to beat

Paris is a long way away!!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next