Quote | Reply
Andyukr wrote:
Looks like others have tried the same. Search for levi hauwert

Or here https://www.instagram.com/...igshid=1qsysql4srkzm

Tim Don is his coach ;)
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [GatorRacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which is the most simple solution to angled the extensions? I found this wonderful solution from Ride Sync but it’s expensive and no available in short time

[url=https://postimages.org/][/url]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GatorRacer wrote:
Andyukr wrote:
Hi all.

My seat post according to retul is 758mm. Would somebody be able to tell me the amount of space I would have between my seat and the top of the water reservoir cover at the back. Would I be able to have a bottle fitted in between the two? ( similar set up as on this webpage https://www.triathlete.com/...rks-shiv-disc_377645.

Hi Andyukr,

On a size Medium frame with your saddle height, you would have ~6mm depending on type of saddle, etc...A bottle would technically fit like you show on Tim Don's bike but it would take some mounting creativity as a cage may be difficult to fit in there.

You could do a more upright bottle position, but this makes leg swing over a bit more tricky

My saddle height is 718/720 mm. I am also between sizes (S & M). Given that saddle height, would there be any problem with an M size regarding clearance with the reservoir? Could you please give this measurement for size M? ->

Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [enricobraglia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
enricobraglia wrote:
Which is the most simple solution to angled the extensions? I found this wonderful solution from Ride Sync but it’s expensive and no available in short time

i ran across these guys a little before they started posting the pics of their shiv product. their setup looks VERY nice. im digging it a lot. they have also said they are going to develop their own BTA hydration system to address the needs of those doing more than a 70.3

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i need some help from those that have done fits on this bike and the specialized reps.

the shiv finder doesnt seen to work in any browser... when i get to the last measurement i cant even put the full number in and it just jumps to the recommendation, which is a small. which doesnt seem right to me at all. im 5'10'' and ive never been recommended in a small bike... always in between a M and L.

my reach from BB to back of pad is 495.
stack from BB is 625
BB to seat center is right at 750.

this is a screen shot of the shiv finder, using my bike NOT on a trainer.

that 0 for the arm pad width should be 190, what i currently have on my bike. that accommodates a BTA setup.

another note... the shiv bike finder doesnt allow measurements of anything more than 300 on the stack and reach if you know those numbers and choose that fit route to take.

another note... im in either a 56 or 58 in a P5Disc (right on the edge) and pretty firmly in a large PX bike per their fit charts.

Last edited by: damon.lebeouf: Feb 15, 20 14:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
enricobraglia wrote:

Hi enricobraglia,

The simplest solution is the included 10degree arm cup wedges. These potentially add a few mm's in stack and can limit your fit range a bit, but it typically is not an issue, and is the easiest.

While I think the Sync solution is clean and effective, please note that this concept dramatically limits your fit range. Their design adaptation does not allow pass through of the extensions, and allows you to only run a reach that is quite forward. You do get to move the arm cup a little bit, but where the original design has a near "infinite" reach adjustment, the Sync setup is nearly fixed. If you have a longer reach, this is a cool solution though!
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [duduardoman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
duduardoman wrote:
GatorRacer wrote:
Andyukr wrote:
Hi all.

My seat post according to retul is 758mm. Would somebody be able to tell me the amount of space I would have between my seat and the top of the water reservoir cover at the back. Would I be able to have a bottle fitted in between the two? ( similar set up as on this webpage https://www.triathlete.com/...rks-shiv-disc_377645.

Hi Andyukr,

On a size Medium frame with your saddle height, you would have ~6mm depending on type of saddle, etc...A bottle would technically fit like you show on Tim Don's bike but it would take some mounting creativity as a cage may be difficult to fit in there.

You could do a more upright bottle position, but this makes leg swing over a bit more tricky

My saddle height is 718/720 mm. I am also between sizes (S & M). Given that saddle height, would there be any problem with an M size regarding clearance with the reservoir? Could you please give this measurement for size M? ->

Hi duduardoman,

You are very much a candidate for a SM or XS frame...Unless your reach is very very long, You would never be a medium. Who has advised you that you are between a SM and MD?

Your saddle height requires a XS frame, or a SM frame with the Forward offset seatpost to clear the reservoir without cutting.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
i need some help from those that have done fits on this bike and the specialized reps.

the shiv finder doesnt seen to work in any browser... when i get to the last measurement i cant even put the full number in and it just jumps to the recommendation, which is a small. which doesnt seem right to me at all. im 5'10'' and ive never been recommended in a small bike... always in between a M and L.

my reach from BB to back of pad is 495.
stack from BB is 625
BB to seat center is right at 750.

Hi damon.lebeouf,

You are definitely a medium...no uncertainty based on what you have provided. You will have a very tight clearance to the Fuelcell but you are clear
Last edited by: GatorRacer: Feb 18, 20 14:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks so much for the help!!!

i’m assuming no way i could move up to a large for the bigger hydration cell due to the seat being so tight?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
thanks so much for the help!!!

i’m assuming no way i could move up to a large for the bigger hydration cell due to the seat being so tight?

It is technically possible, but I would not recommend it. You would need to go to the FWD post and/or cut & you would be at the very bottom of the fit range for LG and have less flexibility. The Medium doesnt sacrifice much capacity and it will handle better for you.

Have confidence in the Medium. We went from 5sizes to 4sizes with the new bike so its good that people are paying attention to the fit and not assuming based on past experience!

As always, a RETUL fit is going to be the best assurance you can have to the best fit due to a variety of factors that we dont always have available to us here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GatorRacer wrote:
enricobraglia wrote:

Hi enricobraglia,

The simplest solution is the included 10degree arm cup wedges. These potentially add a few mm's in stack and can limit your fit range a bit, but it typically is not an issue, and is the easiest.

While I think the Sync solution is clean and effective, please note that this concept dramatically limits your fit range. Their design adaptation does not allow pass through of the extensions, and allows you to only run a reach that is quite forward. You do get to move the arm cup a little bit, but where the original design has a near "infinite" reach adjustment, the Sync setup is nearly fixed. If you have a longer reach, this is a cool solution though!

Thank you Gator for your reply. The 10 degrees arm cup wedges angle only the arm cups and not the extension. I would like to assume a mantis posizion and I have an Drag2Zero Hi Rise extensions that can reach 35 degrees. I would like to tilt at 50 degrees
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You will get 5mm of adj with the ride synch pads, this is that last the told me. They also dont have a solution yet for running a BTA in term of a fixed mount thats integrated, but they are working on this.

I am looking currently at:

Ride Synch

Wattshop

Speed bar

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I swapped for the Sync Ergo high rising extensions, and installed the wedge at arm pads. Works like a charm, apart from some wires sticking out (which I should be able to fix once I drill some holes into the extensions)
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [melvody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
melvody wrote:
I swapped for the Sync Ergo high rising extensions, and installed the wedge at arm pads. Works like a charm, apart from some wires sticking out (which I should be able to fix once I drill some holes into the extensions)
can you post pics if your setup?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello.
I am new on the forum. I am French excuse me for my English.
I would like to have information on the shiv disc (in France it is very complicated to have information concerning this bike).
I would like to know the weight of the bike?
Is the hydration system easy to remove and clean?
I would like a bike that is not too complicated to ride in the mountains.
I hesitate between the P5 disc which is certainly lighter and more "going everywhere".
If you can help me.
Thank you in advance
Roman
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Romain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Romain wrote:
Hello.
I am new on the forum. I am French excuse me for my English.
I would like to have information on the shiv disc (in France it is very complicated to have information concerning this bike).
I would like to know the weight of the bike?
Is the hydration system easy to remove and clean?
I would like a bike that is not too complicated to ride in the mountains.
I hesitate between the P5 disc which is certainly lighter and more "going everywhere".
If you can help me.
Thank you in advance
Roman

Hey Roman,

Depending on size and spec the bike is ~9.2kg...Fully loaded ready to race, my medium is ~9.7kg with a disc wheel, pedals, cages, computer, etc...no water

I will let others comment on the ease of hydration system since I am biased, but usability was a high priority in the design and why cleaning attachments and accessories are provided. Generally, if you're running just water, I think its quite manageable...If running nutrition mix its obviously much more tedious.

Having said that, usually the internal bladder is a "race day" feature and for training rides a BTA is sufficient

The bike climbs exceptionally well in my opinion, and the disc brakes and associated through axle stiffness make descending and out of saddle climbing much better than legacy tri bikes.

P5 is also a nice bike but they are in slightly different classes...It depends on how you race to know which is better. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,
Thank you for your reply.
I have to think again.
Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Romain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you think is possible (and safe) to cut the shim to angle the handlebars?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
enricobraglia wrote:
Do you think is possible (and safe) to cut the shim to angle the handlebars?

100% not ok and won’t work
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If anyone is looking to buy a shiv let me know, not posted for sale yet but its coming. Have red frame with Sram 1x and power meter. Have some 51ss extension and a disc wheel as well. Not sure on pricing but will be well below MSRP. Ridden bike 3x outside. Longest ride 115 miles.

Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are based in Europe I am looking for size M
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Andyukr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Texas sorry.

Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do the bars(and elbow pads) tilt up like you thought they might?
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They do have a pretty nice tilt to them.

Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no idea, sorry... haven’t seen one of these in person.
Quote Reply

Prev Next