Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [twirpburrows] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

It is actually my bike fitter who developed it with me and yes he sells them too. He has not advertised them but if you tell him what you are after he will know (just say you are after the refill mount like Thomas has on his shiv). You can contact him via this email aaron@fusionpeak.com.au and he will help you out.

Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Creatre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Creatre wrote:
GatorRacer wrote:
Creatre wrote:
GatorRacer wrote:
Creatre wrote:
Hey all, I am interested in a used L Shiv Disc and trying to figure out if I can fit on it without cutting the hydration unit. My saddle height is 741mm. Does anyone know if that clears?

No It cannot...And your saddle height of 741mm suggests that you might even be best on a Size Small...

Who told you to consider a Lrg? I know your didnt provide all of your fit dimensions, but I would be very concerned with how you are determining what bike is best for you

Pad reach of 451, pad stack of 680. The shiv cockpit is more adjustable than most, but the frame geometry reach and stack of the Large are on par with every other frame I’m looking at right now. The saddle height is the only thing making me hesitate. The medium would definitely also work, but this Large is about $3k off so obviously is swaying me. With the forward post I should hopefully only have to cut a few cm based on my estimation? Or more and just not worth it?

Its close but it doesnt work. The Min (theoretical) saddle height on LRG, with +25mm offset post is 747mm...So unless you are going to cut the reservoir (bad idea) its not going to fit...not to mention the other issues. Best of Luck

Bah ugh was really hoping this would work. Last question…I’m okay if I have to cut the reservoir 1-2cm but is there other issues? The rest of the bike seems to line up with my fit needs. I’m 6’, just have a weird fit with short legs and 155mm cranks and a long but high reach/stack.

Turns out I had my saddle height wrong, I'm at 764mm and I got it to fit my specs without cutting the reservoir. The only "issue" is I'm pretty much slammed all the way forward with the 0 offset post, but it worked without having to modify my front end specs so can't complain! Got it brand new on ebay for $5100 with a brand new Garmin 1030+ and 4iii power cranks, so very happy lol.

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm sure its here somewhere but i can't find it now.
i'm looking for info on the best way to empty, clean and generally maintain the bladder and hose, can't see anything on the specialized site
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is everyone doing for the bta? Should I just buy the one that comes with the sworks? Or go with an aftermarket solution?

Also has anyone upgraded just their pads?

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi - I've just purchased a Shiv Tri and have upgraded the front end to the AeroCoach angles extensions and carbon arm rests. Has anyone encountered issues with the di2 cabling? The standard poles have cut outs to enable the di2 cables to be fed through the stackers and down to the junction box. Obviously the after market Aerocoach bars don't have these cut outs, so what are people using as a work around?

Identical to the image attached - but I cant quite work out how they've resolved the cabling issue.

Much appreciated
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [8701dg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
8701dg wrote:
Obviously the after market Aerocoach bars don't have these cut outs, so what are people using as a work around?

Identical to the image attached - but I cant quite work out how they've resolved the cabling issue.

For Shimano, the only option is to route out the back of the extension, and then turn back forward and down thru the hydration passageway. It wont be as elegant but once a BTA Bottle is there, you will forget about it.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [GatorRacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GatorRacer wrote:
8701dg wrote:
Obviously the after market Aerocoach bars don't have these cut outs, so what are people using as a work around?

For Shimano, the only option is to route out the back of the extension, and then turn back forward and down thru the hydration passageway. It wont be as elegant but once a BTA Bottle is there, you will forget about it.

Unfortunately my cables aren't long enough for that option, I did think of that. Is it possible to buy connection di2 cables to make them longer?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
8701dg wrote:
GatorRacer wrote:
8701dg wrote:

Unfortunately my cables aren't long enough for that option, I did think of that. Is it possible to buy connection di2 cables to make them longer?

Yes, you can get a longer cables...you should double check your setup and the length you need, but because its designed around the Y-cable you may have to get creative.

Another option is to run it external from the hand position (partially under your bar tape) and then you can dive inside the tower from the front as intended
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GatorRacer wrote:
8701dg wrote:
GatorRacer wrote:
8701dg wrote:

Yes, you can get a longer cables...you should double check your setup and the length you need, but because its designed around the Y-cable you may have to get creative.

Another option is to run it external from the hand position (partially under your bar tape) and then you can dive inside the tower from the front as intended

Great thanks, the di2 cables on my shifters are hard wired, but looks like I can use the EW-JC200 junction with a couple of EW-SD50 Wires to get the reach down to the junction box. Probably tidier (ableit more $) going for that option rather than running the cabling down the back of the bars. Bars don't need bar tape either so wouldn't be as concealed/tidy. I suppose drilling a couple of holes in the carbon isn't recommended?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
8701dg wrote:
GatorRacer wrote:
8701dg wrote:
GatorRacer wrote:
8701dg wrote:

Great thanks, the di2 cables on my shifters are hard wired, but looks like I can use the EW-JC200 junction with a couple of EW-SD50 Wires to get the reach down to the junction box. Probably tidier (ableit more $) going for that option rather than running the cabling down the back of the bars. Bars don't need bar tape either so wouldn't be as concealed/tidy. I suppose drilling a couple of holes in the carbon isn't recommended?

Yes that will work, but just plan ahead where in the cable run you want the JC200...since they have some width to them, you dont want them stacked adjacent or in the tower otherwise the hydration hose may have trouble routing. You want to plan the connection to be in the nosecone area where you have easy access
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GatorRacer wrote:
8701dg wrote:
GatorRacer wrote:
8701dg wrote:
GatorRacer wrote:
8701dg wrote:

Yes that will work, but just plan ahead where in the cable run you want the JC200...since they have some width to them, you dont want them stacked adjacent or in the tower otherwise the hydration hose may have trouble routing. You want to plan the connection to be in the nosecone area where you have easy access

Thanks, that's a great point. I think my only option will be to mount it inside the extension poles. The 4 port junction port is in the nosecone. I can't seem to find the width of the JC200 online, it may be the case of try and see.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
8701dg wrote:
Thanks, that's a great point. I think my only option will be to mount it inside the extension poles. The 4 port junction port is in the nosecone. I can't seem to find the width of the JC200 online, it may be the case of try and see.

That will work! Wrap it with bartape so it doesn't rattle. Good Luck!
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At me i use a Shimano Ultegra brake caliper and i use it without the adapter, so it fits 140mm. Means you put the caliper directly on to the frame
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [ogni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, i'm planing to do an hilly triathlon event (arround 1200m elevation for 90km). I should ride arround 34-36km/h average speed.
I have a specialized shiv disc but in training i never used my back fuel tank ( i prefer standart bottle behind the saddle). So is the fuel tank make the bike faster ? (if yes by how much in a 90KM event with an average speed of 40km/h , or an idea for my specific event?)
Is it a good idea to ride without it during the race (take in consideration i'm very confident in my descending skills without it and also the little weigt gains.)
Thanks for your help :)
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [hadrie31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadrie31 wrote:
Hey, i'm planing to do an hilly triathlon event (arround 1200m elevation for 90km). I should ride arround 34-36km/h average speed.
I have a specialized shiv disc but in training i never used my back fuel tank ( i prefer standart bottle behind the saddle). So is the fuel tank make the bike faster ? (if yes by how much in a 90KM event with an average speed of 40km/h , or an idea for my specific event?)
Is it a good idea to ride without it during the race (take in consideration i'm very confident in my descending skills without it and also the little weigt gains.)

Definitely race with it on in any situation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GatorRacer wrote:
hadrie31 wrote:

Definitely race with it on in any situation

thanks for the reply !
Do you have any data in mind for the advantage of the fuel tank ?
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [hadrie31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From memroy Ruben was testing it in a video (velodrome) and it was around a 3W saving I think. But then again it will be different for everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Another sizing question here.
I had a Shiv TT rim brake version, size medium. I'm trying to see which size i would need on the Shiv Disc.

If I compare geometry with my former bike, it looks like the frame stack of the TT in medium would match better with the frame stack of Shiv Disc Medium.
However, if I compare the frame reach of the TT medium, this corresponds better with the frame reach of the Shiv Disc Large...

My saddle height is 790 mm (center BB to top of saddle). Drop to the armpads is 129mm.
I know that a Shiv Disc Medium would be perfectly adjustable to match my fit when looking to the armpads. I'm worried however that the reach to the basebar (which cannot be adjusted) will be too short. I've read about some knee clearance issues when standing up, ... . So I would like to avoid that.

On a Large, the armpad reach will also be adjustable, the base bar reach will be more like on my previous shiv TT, and the base bar stack would also be ok when I put the base bar in the low position.
However, I'm not sure if I have enough clearance on the hydration cell with my saddle height, and if I can get my armpads low enough (minimum stack on large is 617mm, so I believe this would work, since I think I have a armpad stack of 640mm more or less...)

Any advice?
Anyone else who made the switch from a medium TT to a Shiv Disc and what size they went?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Likeglad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Likeglad wrote:
Please let me know if you find something :) butt me and all my friends with the shiv (6) have made it custom by them self….

Reporting back in the hydration topic, happy to hopefully help others with the same question. I have tested the below products:

1. Profile design HSF/Aero HC 800+: Does not fit BTA as it is too long. Neither on top tube behind stem works, as the HC 800+ is again too long and touches the stem.

2. PD FC System Bottle Kit 35 oz: Too large as it leaves no space between bars.

My hunch is that differences in stock setup of cockpit will not make a difference, but of course, cannot be 100% certain.

Due to above outcome, I decided to ignore the bike retailer ruling out the SWAT-solution and give it a go and voila, it fitted above the fuselage with the tiniest of margins (I am 190 cm on a size L with 0 offset post and RetĂĽl fitted bike).

NEW question: How to best decide length of Fuselage straw and placement with magnet to enable drinking in aero position? Happy to hear/see photos how others have done, or if people use it while at base bar?
Last edited by: erik2021: Jun 25, 22 11:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi! i'm also using the Aerocoach bars, but i reached out to the nice folks at Aerocoach to drill a hole on each bar before sending out. For my setup, it worked if i had the hole placed as close as possible to the bend. Attached pics for reference.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [erik2021] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
erik2021 wrote:
Likeglad wrote:
Please let me know if you find something :) butt me and all my friends with the shiv (6) have made it custom by them self….

Reporting back in the hydration topic, happy to hopefully help others with the same question. I have tested the below products:

1. Profile design HSF/Aero HC 800+: Does not fit BTA as it is too long. Neither on top tube behind stem works, as the HC 800+ is again too long and touches the stem.

2. PD FC System Bottle Kit 35 oz: Too large as it leaves no space between bars.

My hunch is that differences in stock setup of cockpit will not make a difference, but of course, cannot be 100% certain.

Due to above outcome, I decided to ignore the bike retailer ruling out the SWAT-solution and give it a go and voila, it fitted above the fuselage with the tiniest of margins (I am 190 cm on a size L with 0 offset post and RetĂĽl fitted bike).

NEW question: How to best decide length of Fuselage straw and placement with magnet to enable drinking in aero position? Happy to hear/see photos how others have done, or if people use it while at base bar?

** UPDATE ** Solved the placement of the straw.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [erik2021] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some pics?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the max saddle height of the large size Shiv Disc? My wife is riding a large 2016 Shiv with a height of 82cm from the middle of bottom bracket to seat rail, with a 12cm drop to the bars. Would that work with the new Shiv Disc bike? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [tomk407] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How tall is your wife? That’s 30 mm more seat post than me and I’m damn near 6’1”.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She's 6'1", but is all legs. Her inseam is 37". The shiv is the only bike we could find that would fit her. On many bikes the seat post would max out. Don't want to have the seat post inserted past the safety line.
Quote Reply

Prev Next