Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How does it achieve a tilt of the pad, does the spacer have an angle?
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes.... I have listing out for this bike on tri and sell it and few other FB sites, if have a good pic of this there.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DBF wrote:
Do the bars(and elbow pads) tilt up like you thought they might?

10degree arm cup spacers are included in the fit kit.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you happen to know how many centimeters of spacer That thing could accomodate? I think I would need seven, and that just seems a bit janky.
83cm saddle height with 12cm drop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DBF wrote:
Do you happen to know how many centimeters of spacer That thing could accomodate? I think I would need seven, and that just seems a bit janky.
83cm saddle height with 12cm drop.

The # of spacers is dependent of frame size. What is your stack height?

There is 115mm of stack adjust per size.

The included spacers are:
2x40mm
1x20mm
1x10mm
1x5mm
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [GatorRacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all.

Looking at purchasing a hydration bladder from the current 2020 shiv for a project. Only catch some far is that this link;

https://www.certini.co.uk/...fuelcell--clear.aspx

lists 4 sizes. Are there actually 4 sizes of bladder or only 1?

Ie volume and dimensions.

Cheers ahead of time.

Stay safe everyone.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [tileman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tileman wrote:
Hi all.

Looking at purchasing a hydration bladder from the current 2020 shiv for a project. Only catch some far is that this link;

https://www.certini.co.uk/...fuelcell--clear.aspx

lists 4 sizes. Are there actually 4 sizes of bladder or only 1?

Ie volume and dimensions.

Cheers ahead of time.

Stay safe everyone.

There is of course 4 sizes, 1 per frame size
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cheers. Anyone have an idea of the volume difference?
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [tileman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tileman wrote:
Cheers. Anyone have an idea of the volume difference?

Its not linear but between 100-150ml between each size
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I am about to buy s-works shiv disc. I cannot decide which size I should buy. I feel that I might be a bit big for medium and a bit small for large. What do you think based on my data below?

LENGTH 180cm / 5.11
REACH TO CENTER OF PAD 505
STACK TO PAD HOLDER 655
SADDLE HEIGHT 750
CRANK LENGHT 170

Do you know the amount of space I would have between my seat and the top of the water reservoir cover at the back in size L? I won’t be using any bottle holders at the back and I am using ISM Adamo Prologue saddle.

Based on my figures, my saddle would be 40mm above the water reservoir cover at the back (size M, tested it at the local bike shop) and just under 10mm (size L) if the water reservoir cover will be similar size in relation to the Large frame? The Large frame will be 32mm higher, do you have idea how much bigger / higher the water reservoir is? The local bike shop were not able to answer this...

Will that space (10mm) be enough to use the water reservoir properly?
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [mizzipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mizzipp wrote:
Hello,

I am about to buy s-works shiv disc. I cannot decide which size I should buy. I feel that I might be a bit big for medium and a bit small for large. What do you think based on my data below?

LENGTH 180cm / 5.11
REACH TO CENTER OF PAD 505
STACK TO PAD HOLDER 655
SADDLE HEIGHT 750
CRANK LENGHT 170

Do you know the amount of space I would have between my seat and the top of the water reservoir cover at the back in size L? I won’t be using any bottle holders at the back and I am using ISM Adamo Prologue saddle.

Based on my figures, my saddle would be 40mm above the water reservoir cover at the back (size M, tested it at the local bike shop) and just under 10mm (size L) if the water reservoir cover will be similar size in relation to the Large frame? The Large frame will be 32mm higher, do you have idea how much bigger / higher the water reservoir is? The local bike shop were not able to answer this...

Will that space (10mm) be enough to use the water reservoir properly?

Hello mizzipp,

Given the information provided, I would suggest a MD frame. The Size LRG will not support your saddle height without hassle. You are in the middle of the fit range for the MD so I think you will be very happy with this decision.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Very much appreciated!

I am worried about the reach in size Medium. I would like to have a similar set up what is in the pictures attached. If you put the extensions "the wrong way around" (15 degree angle) you do not really have too much room to increase reach? In this case, the maximum reach will be around 500mm or am I missing something?

Do you know what would be the "minimum" saddle height in size Large? Could you advise me what kind hassle I have with my saddle height if I end up buying size Large?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mizzipp wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Very much appreciated!

I am worried about the reach in size Medium. I would like to have a similar set up what is in the pictures attached. If you put the extensions "the wrong way around" (15 degree angle) you do not really have too much room to increase reach? In this case, the maximum reach will be around 500mm or am I missing something?

Do you know what would be the "minimum" saddle height in size Large? Could you advise me what kind hassle I have with my saddle height if I end up buying size Large?

You are correct that flipping the extensions greatly reduces the reach adjustment. What is your reach to end of extension in this arrangement?

What I am trying to help with now is making sure a medium will work since you are using the bike in a very specific arrangement. On a MD with 505mm pad reach, you will be able to run the reversed extensions. It actually may be harder on the LRG because your reach will require the crossbar to go in the rearward position which may be problematic with the flipped extension.

The bottom line is that you are definitely not a LRG based on your saddle height (you are pushing MD fitment). To fit a LRG you MUST use the +25mm offset post, and you will need to cut that post to get it low enough in the frame, and even so you will be very close to the hydration system meaning servicing it will be more challenging. This is not a recommending configuration, and I would not pursue this without having a detailed discussion with your fitter and shop, because the risk of wasted $$ is high.

I would recommend a heart2heart with your fitter and go for a medium!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks again for your guidance! Very helpful!

Luckily, I have time to solve this issue as there are no races happening in the meantime (and the edition of Kona 2020 postponed until Feb 2021).

Flipping the extensions or using other extension with high angle 35 or higher will reduce the reach capacity too much. The maximum we were able to get with the flipped extensions was 470mm (BB to center of the pads, Size Medium). Whereas I would hope to have 480-490mm reach, depending the race (IM 70.3 or IM 140.6). I do not want to compromise my saddle position (now 50mm from to BB). The flat part of the extensions is the limiting factor of having the wanted reach.

I kind of feel that I need to challenge your opinion about the size and that Large frame seem to be the only option? The local bike shop has promised to cut the water reservoir at the back that much that I am able to utilize the hydration system without touching the saddle/seatpost.

However, I am stressed the fact what you said in your earlier post that it could be harder to run the reversed extensions in Large frame. Based on my calculations, it does not require the crossbar to go in the rearward position, but I might have errors in my calculations. Could you advise if I am missing something?

The local dealer has been super helpful and thanks to the bike fitter there, I have the luxury of running the set up the Medium Size bike. I want to go ahead with this bike/model, but figuring out the right size seem to take more time what I expected.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mizzipp wrote:
Thanks again for your guidance! Very helpful!

Luckily, I have time to solve this issue as there are no races happening in the meantime (and the edition of Kona 2020 postponed until Feb 2021).

Flipping the extensions or using other extension with high angle 35 or higher will reduce the reach capacity too much. The maximum we were able to get with the flipped extensions was 470mm (BB to center of the pads, Size Medium). Whereas I would hope to have 480-490mm reach, depending the race (IM 70.3 or IM 140.6). I do not want to compromise my saddle position (now 50mm from to BB). The flat part of the extensions is the limiting factor of having the wanted reach.

I kind of feel that I need to challenge your opinion about the size and that Large frame seem to be the only option? The local bike shop has promised to cut the water reservoir at the back that much that I am able to utilize the hydration system without touching the saddle/seatpost.

However, I am stressed the fact what you said in your earlier post that it could be harder to run the reversed extensions in Large frame. Based on my calculations, it does not require the crossbar to go in the rearward position, but I might have errors in my calculations. Could you advise if I am missing something?

The local dealer has been super helpful and thanks to the bike fitter there, I have the luxury of running the set up the Medium Size bike. I want to go ahead with this bike/model, but figuring out the right size seem to take more time what I expected.

I would trust your fitter. You have not given me all of your fit dimensions and you say you want to change the dimensions given, so obviously much more goes into a quality fit than stack, reach, and saddle height...for example the saddle offset that you mention.

I still think your saddle height is not good for a LRG. Yes, you can cut the reservoir, but then you lose capacity, etc...Why cut the reservoir when you can just get the medium that is already shorter? I would go with an Aftermarket high rise extension before I did all of that but if your fitter thinks it can work, go for it!

If you have a medium, why not set it up as close as possible to your fit with the extensions the traditional way, and find out EXACTLY how much you need?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello All !!

My seat post is 700 mm, I'm between size XS and S but I read in this forum "better big size".....

For this 700mm is available in size S for enough space for Fuelcell reservoir?

Thanks for this site and all collaborations .

Note for Tileman: I know for repository XS : 1 litre / for S: 1.15 litre (38.8 oz) I hope help you with this dates.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [bomond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi. Anyone her tryed 28mm tires on this one?
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Likeglad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone got any views or reviews of the bike they’d like to share ?
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [UK Gearmuncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there really no aero data put out still on this bike ? I’m interested in both this and the tt but I want to see some form of comparison through the yaw angles to at least their old bikes.

Will there be some kind of tilt kit for the extensions coming ? That would be really helpful and whilst I love Specializeds quality, that’s a contemporary requirement really.
Last edited by: UK Gearmuncher: Jun 7, 20 3:10
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [bomond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bomond wrote:
Hello All !!

My seat post is 700 mm, I'm between size XS and S but I read in this forum "better big size".....

For this 700mm is available in size S for enough space for Fuelcell reservoir?

700mm will work on a SM frame if you use the forward offset post. It will work on the XS with either post

Consider your reach as the next most important figure (Stack is same between SM and XS)
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Likeglad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Likeglad wrote:

A measured 28mm will fit. An actual 28c usually fits but it will depend on the rim selection. The frame will clear but some situations can be quite close to the fuelcell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GatorRacer wrote:
Likeglad wrote:

A measured 28mm will fit. An actual 28c usually fits but it will depend on the rim selection. The frame will clear but some situations can be quite close to the fuelcell

GatorRacer, can you state what 'optimised for Kona' means in terms of specifics ? Many of us won't be racing there and I want to know what yaw angle this bike was designed for so I can make an informed decision based upon what I typically ride and race over. Saying its designed for cross winds isn't sadly specific enough in this day and age.

Do you also have anything you can share about how this bike performs at low yaws ?

Many thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Specialized's website only mentions the size of the front axle, what is the size of the rear axle? 12x142?
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [bigsas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bigsas wrote:
Specialized's website only mentions the size of the front axle, what is the size of the rear axle? 12x142?

Correct
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are obviously a few owners of these now. Has anyone had an aerofit done on one in either the windtunnel or the velodrome and have any anecdotal feedback they can share ?

It would be great if they offered a non folding basebar aftermarket part for those of us that don't travel as this would refine the front end a lot by thinning out the hinge frontal area (which is the only part of the whole bike I dislike).
Quote Reply

Prev Next