Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [enricobraglia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That seems unlikely, but interested in the answer as well. Been keeping an eye on inventory here in the U.S., as you can't find the Shiv disc anywhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
enricobraglia wrote:
Is it true that Shiv disc tri will not be produced in 2022? My seller say that it will not be replaced but not produced due lack of materials

yes, that is what i have heard too. or rather that is has not been produced this year so there won't be new stock for next year. i believe it will return.
they're focussing on the big growth areas - gravel, road, mtb. even more so than usual, tri is not currently where the money is at
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [pk1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk1 wrote:
enricobraglia wrote:
Is it true that Shiv disc tri will not be produced in 2022? My seller say that it will not be replaced but not produced due lack of materials

yes, that is what i have heard too. or rather that is has not been produced this year so there won't be new stock for next year. i believe it will return.
they're focussing on the big growth areas - gravel, road, mtb. even more so than usual, tri is not currently where the money is at

For whatever it's worth (probably very little) here is what Specialized US RiderCare had to say: "We have seen production returning to expected levels but are still experiencing supply chain bottlenecks that continue to be an ongoing challenge. While the release of next model years bikes is intended to go on as expected, I unfortunately do not have dates of when these releases are expected to take place."
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Dugansposse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dugansposse wrote:
pk1 wrote:
enricobraglia wrote:

For whatever it's worth (probably very little) here is what Specialized US RiderCare had to say: "We have seen production returning to expected levels but are still experiencing supply chain bottlenecks that continue to be an ongoing challenge. While the release of next model years bikes is intended to go on as expected, I unfortunately do not have dates of when these releases are expected to take place."

I guess the design is quite polarising too and the lack of an affordable model (as they've had in the past) probably has decapitated their tri market apart from the very wealthy. I actually really like this bike and would have bought one but they made the mistake of optimising it for 10 degrees of yaw and an event I never plan to do. So, you've got a really expensive frame, designed for Kona or for yaw's that aren't optimal for my races anywhere else and then wonder why its not a big seller for them. A real shame as I love their products generally and own/have owned a lot of them.
Last edited by: UK Gearmuncher: Sep 23, 21 23:55
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [GatorRacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking for some trainingwheels and Zipp 303S with 28mm is in my mind. Will it fit the Shiv ? Innerdim is 23 mm i think. Looks like Paula Findlay is using this combo (or maybe its firecrest with innerdim 25mm?)
Last edited by: Bjarte79: Oct 8, 21 14:58
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am curious to hear where on the bike people have mounted bottle cages, in light of the shark fin limiting the typical placement. If at the saddle regardless, which mounting solution and cage(s) have you purchased and how was the mounting achieved?

I notice this have been discussed briefly above based on some photos of pros on the web, basically Tim Don and Lucy Charles (google “ specialized shiv 2019 bottle”)https://m.imgur.com/vVZaNoW[/url]
Last edited by: erik2021: Nov 16, 21 6:49
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [erik2021] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im going with the two-750ml-behind-saddle option, which gives me 3.0L-ish on the bike. With some additional water bottle grabs on course, thats enough for me.

I'm 1.90m and have a Medium Shiv, so just enough space behind the seat for both bottle holders. Don't have any "special" parts, just the regular behind-the-seat Specialized item thats required: https://www.specialized.com/...eserve-rack/p/155838. I do have some sandpaper on the inside of both my bottle holders to hold the bottles in their place.

I've seen many people with a bottle between the aero bars, but I've also seen a guy do this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CV2aGJNh8Op/
Last edited by: KoningBarry: Nov 16, 21 7:26
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [KoningBarry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! The property Specialized solution you point to is the one I am accustomed to and use on my Tarmac, however, the bike retailer said the bottle cages would not fit due to the Fuelcell limiting space (I am 1.9m as well but on a L). Glad to hear that solution is indeed possible without any custom adjustments!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've seen some other awesome stuff, sadly 3D-printed etc so not really easy to get

Such as this:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTEssusKgKC/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sent the question to Specialized just for manufacturer’s confirmation prior to a purchase. Their response, in short, is that it depends on the length of available seat post, which with the benefit of hindsight, should have been quite obvious to me. So, despite the two of us being of the same length, this is also the reason why you @KoningBarry can fit the solution on your Shiv M whilst I, being on a L, cannot.
Last edited by: erik2021: Nov 19, 21 6:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please let me know if you find something :) butt me and all my friends with the shiv (6) have made it custom by them self….
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [KoningBarry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KoningBarry wrote:
Im going with the two-750ml-behind-saddle option, which gives me 3.0L-ish on the bike. With some additional water bottle grabs on course, thats enough for me.

I'm 1.90m and have a Medium Shiv, so just enough space behind the seat for both bottle holders. Don't have any "special" parts, just the regular behind-the-seat Specialized item thats required: https://www.specialized.com/...eserve-rack/p/155838. I do have some sandpaper on the inside of both my bottle holders to hold the bottles in their place.

I've seen many people with a bottle between the aero bars, but I've also seen a guy do this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CV2aGJNh8Op/

I actually do have this one 3D printed myself. You can find the 3D design file pretty easily on the web. In fact there is a newer one that looks better (I haven't printed it yet...)

BTW, the Specialized reserve rack suc%$. I have it with a 2 bottle cage configuration and I've lost like 4-5 bottles on every 70.3 I've done (Bontrager XXX, an tacx bottle cages). I've bought a pair of Profile Design Kage, And will see...
Last edited by: manuzxr: Nov 19, 21 9:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,

Have been shadowing this thread since the Shiv's launch, finally got the chance to pounce on a well-priced used frameset (size s) but would like to check in on the sizing side of things before i pull the trigger.

Background: Currently using a 2018 Canyon Speedmax CF SLX S fitted with the following coords:

Armpad Stack (BB to top of arm pad): 633mm
Armpad Reach (BB to back of arm pad): 398mm

Would appreciate if I could get any advice on the appropriate frame size I should get!

Thanks in advance and have a good weekend everyone!
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [frozzberg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey all, I am interested in a used L Shiv Disc and trying to figure out if I can fit on it without cutting the hydration unit. My saddle height is 741mm. Does anyone know if that clears?

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Creatre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Creatre wrote:
Hey all, I am interested in a used L Shiv Disc and trying to figure out if I can fit on it without cutting the hydration unit. My saddle height is 741mm. Does anyone know if that clears?

No It cannot...And your saddle height of 741mm suggests that you might even be best on a Size Small...

Who told you to consider a Lrg? I know your didnt provide all of your fit dimensions, but I would be very concerned with how you are determining what bike is best for you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GatorRacer wrote:
Creatre wrote:

No It cannot...And your saddle height of 741mm suggests that you might even be best on a Size Small...

Who told you to consider a Lrg? I know your didnt provide all of your fit dimensions, but I would be very concerned with how you are determining what bike is best for you

Pad reach of 451, pad stack of 680. The shiv cockpit is more adjustable than most, but the frame geometry reach and stack of the Large are on par with every other frame I’m looking at right now. The saddle height is the only thing making me hesitate. The medium would definitely also work, but this Large is about $3k off so obviously is swaying me. With the forward post I should hopefully only have to cut a few cm based on my estimation? Or more and just not worth it?

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Creatre wrote:
GatorRacer wrote:
Creatre wrote:

Pad reach of 451, pad stack of 680. The shiv cockpit is more adjustable than most, but the frame geometry reach and stack of the Large are on par with every other frame I’m looking at right now. The saddle height is the only thing making me hesitate. The medium would definitely also work, but this Large is about $3k off so obviously is swaying me. With the forward post I should hopefully only have to cut a few cm based on my estimation? Or more and just not worth it?

Its close but it doesnt work. The Min (theoretical) saddle height on LRG, with +25mm offset post is 747mm...So unless you are going to cut the reservoir (bad idea) its not going to fit...not to mention the other issues. Best of Luck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GatorRacer wrote:
Creatre wrote:
GatorRacer wrote:
Creatre wrote:

Its close but it doesnt work. The Min (theoretical) saddle height on LRG, with +25mm offset post is 747mm...So unless you are going to cut the reservoir (bad idea) its not going to fit...not to mention the other issues. Best of Luck

Bah ugh was really hoping this would work. Last question…I’m okay if I have to cut the reservoir 1-2cm but is there other issues? The rest of the bike seems to line up with my fit needs. I’m 6’, just have a weird fit with short legs and 155mm cranks and a long but high reach/stack.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i cut 2 cm off mine at the top and it works. the bladder is a bit wrinkled up inside but still holds the fluid just slightly less. i did get a 3d printed refill solution made though so a few ml less doesn't really affect me.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Tomaz021] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tomaz021 wrote:
i cut 2 cm off mine at the top and it works. the bladder is a bit wrinkled up inside but still holds the fluid just slightly less. i did get a 3d printed refill solution made though so a few ml less doesn't really affect me.

Could you show me your 3d printed refill solution?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes i will over the next couple days. i planned on putting it on here a while ago but tested the proto first at an IM even and then we made improvements to it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alright there it is. basically it slides onto the attachment on the bottle cage mount. i use the middle one and the funnel is shaped in a way so it is ducked away behind the 2 bottles. for a full IM I use those 2 bottles to fill my bta with carbs and toss them at aid station. i then keep filling up through the funnel with water as i have a salt solution in it so it waters it down a bit but i also take salt tablets. i tested the proto at IM cairns and it worked really well. then we made a couple small changes for the final product.
Last edited by: Tomaz021: Dec 26, 21 16:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's cool. Great idea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wonderful idea 👍🏻
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you plan to make these to sell? or even the file?
Quote Reply

Prev Next