Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: aero test Video delisted [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've already travelled to LA and San Diego for testing this summer.

One of the easiest places for me to go is the NC area.

SC, FL, GA, VA, DC area all easy for me as well.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: aero test Video delisted [Joss1965] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joss1965 wrote:
More chaos from Lionel. Hard to watch the guy lurch from one thing to another. I guess that’s what we love about him.

Yep, I spent half the video just wishing he would stfu and listen to what he was being told.
Quote Reply
Re: aero test Video delisted [lastlap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the big dog is going on the tower 26 podcast this week. always like hearing tower 26 talk about getting people quicker
Quote Reply
Re: aero test Video delisted [lastlap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lastlap wrote:
Yep, I spent half the video just wishing he would stfu and listen to what he was being told.

Exactly this!!!
Quote Reply
Re: aero test Video delisted [WhittleFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad I wasn't the only one...
Quote Reply
Re: aero test Video delisted [waverider101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
waverider101 wrote:
the big dog is going on the tower 26 podcast this week. always like hearing tower 26 talk about getting people quicker

Released

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: aero test Video delisted [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here it is

Very nice

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So Lionel has refused Canyon's offers to do aero testing, ignored their advice to ride the non UCI frame and instead decided to brute force it and focus on his crappy swim for the last 5 years. All he needed to do was to spend 2h doing some basic aero testing and gain 4 minutes in a 70.3. Meanwhile Jan, Patrick and even Sam Laidlow were squeezing every advantage out of their Canyon sponsorship, going to the wind tunnel, testing on the track, getting custom bars made and riding prototype components and shit.

Lionel is just an age grouper with a bigger FTP and a youtube channel. Jan, Sebi and Patrick were real pros.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
Here it is

Very nice

Slowtwitch callout towards the end!

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply
Re: aero test Video delisted [G. Belson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be fair, in that time period the guy did set the UCI record for 1hr for Canada, finished 2nd at the IM WC. If his biggest fault is that he didn't take advantage of all the resources to put himself in position to do better, yet can hang his hat on the career achievements he's had....I think he'll be ok for being know an as "pro youtuber".

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Oct 12, 23 11:57
Quote Reply
Re: aero test Video delisted [theyellowcarguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
theyellowcarguy wrote:
MrTri123 wrote:
Here it is

Very nice

Slowtwitch callout towards the end!
It was a really a Monty shout out haha. The rest of us don't know what we're talking about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
G. Belson wrote:
So Lionel has refused Canyon's offers to do aero testing, ignored their advice to ride the non UCI frame and instead decided to brute force it and focus on his crappy swim for the last 5 years. All he needed to do was to spend 2h doing some basic aero testing and gain 4 minutes in a 70.3. Meanwhile Jan, Patrick and even Sam Laidlow were squeezing every advantage out of their Canyon sponsorship, going to the wind tunnel, testing on the track, getting custom bars made and riding prototype components and shit.

Lionel is just an age grouper with a bigger FTP and a youtube channel. Jan, Sebi and Patrick were real pros.

The part I find odd is that Sanders basically switched* from Garneau to Canyon so that he could have access to those same resources that Jan and Patrick were enjoying. His whole mantra at the time was to figure out what Jan was doing well and copy that, and now we find out that he didn't do that?

(*Obviously more money as well, but I suspect he could have gotten similar $$ from just about any bike sponsor at that point)
Quote Reply
Re: aero test Video delisted [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He seems to have very clear thoughts and be present "in the moment" (he also had similar praise about Jan after racing him head to head in Germany), but lacks the ability to dedicate his time and resources into making permanent changes, and quickly reverts back to his dog chasing cars style of training and improvement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
Here it is

Very nice

It seems Tower 26 videos average around 170 views after a couple weeks

This video in on day has 2,500 views

Not too bad of a bump I think
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
G. Belson wrote:

You make a good point I didn't even consider. Of course Canyon would pull out the red carpet for him, why didn't he take it?

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: aero test Video delisted [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ryanppax wrote:
G. Belson wrote:

You make a good point I didn't even consider. Of course Canyon would pull out the red carpet for him, why didn't he take it?

Lionel is the first to admit he made several mistakes. But let's not forget, Lionel DID aero test more than once after joining Canyon.

Should he have cross checked his results/testing....ABSOLUTELY, which comes back to he made mistakes and owns them
Quote Reply
Re: [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve always thought LCB was a female version of LS. Keeps trying and trying but always gets passed by someone during the run and never wins. I’ve never thought she would win. She finally did it and show us what she’s got. It’s about time for LS to show us what he really got and is made of. No Limit!!
Quote Reply
Re: [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
I’ve always thought LCB was a female version of LS. Keeps trying and trying but always gets passed by someone during the run and never wins. I’ve never thought she would win. She finally did it and show us what she’s got. It’s about time for LS to show us what he really got and is made of. No Limit!!

LCB and LS are similar in that they are long course triathletes with awesome YouTube channels. That's pretty much it.
Quote Reply
Re: [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mathematics wrote:
s13tx wrote:

LCB and LS are similar in that they are long course triathletes with awesome YouTube channels. That's pretty much it.

Yeah, I know but I want to see him succeeds. Some serious breakthrough like LCB had.
Quote Reply
Re: aero test Video delisted [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
G. Belson wrote:

The part I find odd is that Sanders basically switched* from Garneau to Canyon so that he could have access to those same resources that Jan and Patrick were enjoying. His whole mantra at the time was to figure out what Jan was doing well and copy that, and now we find out that he didn't do that?

(*Obviously more money as well, but I suspect he could have gotten similar $$ from just about any bike sponsor at that point)

I'm not that confident on that. Jan's set up is way more customized than Lionel or Patrick's. He got resourced at a different level (we all know why that is). Lionel could have easily gone to Canyon HQ pre-pandemic and done all the wiz bang stuff which companies use to show employees their heroes as well as for content and marketing purposes. If the relationship was bad and Canyon didn't like what they were getting I'm sure they would not have extended him. I'm guessing they extended him because he's been on a Canyon for five years now. So either some crazy announcement will happen or he's on Canyon for awhile.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: aero test Video delisted [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canyon obviously was fine with whatever Lionel was up to - he's still arguably one of the most popular triathletes on the planet - and his win rate until very recently was absurd except at the biggest races (PTO/IMWCs).

Even if Jan was getting a higher tier treatment than Lionel (fair enough), you'd figure that he'd still take advantage of whatever resources would be made available - even if it's a small share of whatever the other guy is getting - even if its just an annual trip to the wind tunnel. Though its been publicly known since at least the Tri battle that Sanders is pumping out more watts than Jan but not getting the same return so you figure that both parties would have an incentive to spend time on Sanders' position.
Quote Reply
Re: aero test Video delisted [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
I'm not that confident on that. Jan's set up is way more customized than Lionel or Patrick's. He got resourced at a different level (we all know why that is).

Sorry I don't know why that is, other than being a multiple world champ.
Quote Reply
Re: aero test Video delisted [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he's talking about the Bahrain team, but I could be wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mathematics wrote:
s13tx wrote:

LCB and LS are polar opposites. LCB is a polished professional who's just put together the greatest performance (IMO) in IMWC history............ gun to tape, solo, course record, against probably the strongest female field ever assembled. She also did the same in StG 70.3.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply

Prev Next