Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [waverider101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't help myself, watched way too many Republican debates.

That rear wheel rotates suspiciously fast, did he forget to turn the motor off?
Lionel doesn't need a motor.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [WhittleFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WhittleFit wrote:
https://youtu.be/CWgO4gVAc44?si=N9XjPs52J59adgSI

Lionel back on the tt bike and off the tri bike why?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [michael Hatch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hypothetically of course but it does look like it spins a bit.... maybe a bad angle.... a micro motor for a free 10 watties? or a top gun paris roubaix monument fabian cancellara endorsed motor ?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
WhittleFit wrote:

As far as I know, that TT bike is tad bit lighter so he likes to ride in hilly course. Someone who knows Lahti bike course and confirm if it's hilly.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
WhittleFit wrote:

He feels better on the TT bike. Geometry is different.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe on the You Tube video Lionel mentioned there's about 2,000 (ft-m?) of climbing early on.
So it could make sense.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [michael Hatch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did anyone watch the pro pre race interview? Lionel just smashed the questions, and was really the only one to just speak his truth, along with Knibb too. They asked him about his previous 70.3 champs and were jerking him off about his podium place(many, many years ago) and he jumps in with I have skipped this race for the past 6 or 7 years because my swim is shit. Then he says but you are here now, and it is better, "NO NO!, it is still shit, and worse than it has been in the past 4 years!!!

And then a long explanation on how he has neglected technique, and just smashed the workouts with brute force. It really was pretty entertaining the looks on the other athletes faces listening to him just put it all out there. Knibb did a similar rant, when every single lady was asked if they cannot win, who would they want to win otherwise. Everyone was picked by someone, except Knibb. And of course she brought that up in a question, which made everyone seem really uncomfortable. And she is the only one wearing a mask still, I just fell in love with her as an athlete a little bit more after her answers...But enough about Knibb, what did Lionel have for breakfast, and when was the last time he got laid?

And I was really surprised about the media there, went to a question and answer period, and only one question from all the media, and it was our Talbot!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can’t listen to Knibb, not a fan at all.

You mention the mask, did she say at some point why she wears it?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She seems a little excitable like her mind is racing all the time but nothing to dislike about her.

She can choose to wear a mask if she wants to, why are people on her about it? Considering travel, race stress, and how many people have been sick like Findlay and Jason West just to name a few, she is smart for trying to keep herself safe right before the WC.
Last edited by: EMH7: Aug 25, 23 18:38
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:
I can’t listen to Knibb, not a fan at all. You mention the mask, did she say at some point why she wears it?

Well, I can't stand listening to Lionel b/c of his attitude and tone of voice, just something about his voice just grates on my every last nerve. OTOH, Taylor Knibb is very nice and very bright, no problems at all listening to her. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That Whoop recovery rate is elite.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [EuroTrash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And just like that..... I have removed the STICKY :)

E-DUB
Chief Janitor @Slowtwitch
Life is short. Dont be mad all the time.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She caught Covid earlier this year after Tokyo. She still has a WTCS final left in her season so I would imagine she is taking all the precautions she can since it cost her from racing WTCS Cagliari and nearly head to drop out from racing 70.3 Boulder this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:

I’m a bit surprised Lionel doesn’t wear it. He’s all about optimizing stuff now, isn’t he?

For a pro athlete, a mask seems like an obvious choice in an indoor setting in the middle of a crowd of mostly strangers, 3 days before one of the key races of the year. Not just COVID - a mere cold or stomach flu could ruin their chances. I guess it’s a bit of a “what will people think” problem, but if I were a sponsor, I would think the sponsored athlete should be wearing a mask.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:

I just wear mine on airline travel these days, because there is no downside. As for Knibb, she was at the pool yesterday socializing with age groupers like a regular person excited about her race. She was very relatable to the average triathlete....she was just way faster, doing kick sets in the pool passing age grouper sprinting and meanwhile encouraging people and wishing them good luck on their races :-). Funny thing as this is the Lionel thread she was leading the Lionel lane and he was saying how hard she was making him work !!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:

On the front page ST article about the race it says "Simmonds was one of many athletes who had fallen ill out of Singapore". Australian Hauser caught Covid just before the Paris test event and was not able to compete.

Wearing a mask to reduce the chance of illness seems a no brainer.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:

I just wear mine on airline travel these days, because there is no downside. As for Knibb, she was at the pool yesterday socializing with age groupers like a regular person excited about her race. She was very relatable to the average triathlete....she was just way faster, doing kick sets in the pool passing age grouper sprinting and meanwhile encouraging people and wishing them good luck on their races :-). Funny thing as this is the Lionel thread she was leading the Lionel lane and he was saying how hard she was making him work !!!

So she's a strong kicker??? I haven't watched that video but it did look like she and Lionel were in the same lane, which I thought was odd. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Did anyone watch the pro pre race interview? Lionel just smashed the questions, and was really the only one to just speak his truth, along with Knibb too. They asked him about his previous 70.3 champs and were jerking him off about his podium place(many, many years ago) and he jumps in with I have skipped this race for the past 6 or 7 years because my swim is shit. Then he says but you are here now, and it is better, "NO NO!, it is still shit, and worse than it has been in the past 4 years!!!

And then a long explanation on how he has neglected technique, and just smashed the workouts with brute force. It really was pretty entertaining the looks on the other athletes faces listening to him just put it all out there. Knibb did a similar rant, when every single lady was asked if they cannot win, who would they want to win otherwise. Everyone was picked by someone, except Knibb. And of course she brought that up in a question, which made everyone seem really uncomfortable. And she is the only one wearing a mask still, I just fell in love with her as an athlete a little bit more after her answers...But enough about Knibb, what did Lionel have for breakfast, and when was the last time he got laid?

And I was really surprised about the media there, went to a question and answer period, and only one question from all the media, and it was our Talbot!!!!

A totally different sport, but compare that to the Richardson interview at Track Worlds with gems like "I'm humble, I'm not back I'm better" and taking offense to any question that wasn't overtly praising. There was a question about 'missing world last year, coming back this year to win, how'd you do that?'. And her answer was basically how dare you bring that up, the media is evil and trying to bring me down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

this seems to happen often - was the same story at st george, if i remember. it's really embarrassing - like, here we at the world championship, you have all the best athletes mic'd up on a stage, and nobody has anything to ask them? maybe IM should open up a Zoom link or something, so remote journalists could ask questions too? just anything to help the dialogue move.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Event organizers should at least plant 4 or 5 questions in the media to get the ball rolling. Awkward for the sport to have no media questions at a world championship event. That’s event management 101.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
monty wrote:

this seems to happen often - was the same story at st george, if i remember. it's really embarrassing - like, here we at the world championship, you have all the best athletes mic'd up on a stage, and nobody has anything to ask them? maybe IM should open up a Zoom link or something, so remote journalists could ask questions too? just anything to help the dialogue move.

We've asked for it. I know the Comms team is working on being able to provide that in the future.

But usually the conferences are dead because people want to ask their "own" questions on their respective platforms.

Talbot and crew have been killing it for the past month. Good on them.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Did anyone watch the pro pre race interview?

Knibb did a similar rant, when every single lady was asked if they cannot win, who would they want to win otherwise. Everyone was picked by someone, except Knibb. And of course she brought that up in a question, which made everyone seem really uncomfortable.

Yes
Well I guess all the women knew that Knibb was going to crush it. Knibb, nostradamus style, picked Matthews as the athlete she'd like to win if she didn't win (of course Matthews was not included in the so-called press conference line up).
Yes, I cannot understand why media people don't ask their questions. Do they not have enquiring minds? Are they embarassed at their lack of knowledge? Why didn't someone ask Knibb whether she might race Kona (if only so she could say " . . . . . . . ". All the commentators today were being super-knowing-but-not-saying don't-mention-the-war coy personified.
But enough about Sanders.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There were some questions during the post race press conference but the media didn’t have a microphone so you couldn’t hear the questions, just the answers.

It was better than last year, but there’s still an opportunity to do better.

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Aug 26, 23 8:44
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
monty wrote:
Did anyone watch the pro pre race interview?

Knibb did a similar rant, when every single lady was asked if they cannot win, who would they want to win otherwise. Everyone was picked by someone, except Knibb. And of course she brought that up in a question, which made everyone seem really uncomfortable.

Yes
Well I guess all the women knew that Knibb was going to crush it. Knibb, nostradamus style, picked Matthews as the athlete she'd like to win if she didn't win (of course Matthews was not included in the so-called press conference line up).
Yes, I cannot understand why media people don't ask their questions. Do they not have enquiring minds? Are they embarassed at their lack of knowledge? Why didn't someone ask Knibb whether she might race Kona (if only so she could say " . . . . . . . ". All the commentators today were being super-knowing-but-not-saying don't-mention-the-war coy personified.
But enough about Sanders.

rrheiseler alluded to it, but all of the media in the pit have their own youtube channels/social medias. Their not going to ask stuff in the press conference that anyone can record and post. They're saving those questions for their own interviews in hopes of bringing views to their youtube page.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [PowerPlay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PowerPlay wrote:
Event organizers should at least plant 4 or 5 questions in the media to get the ball rolling. Awkward for the sport to have no media questions at a world championship event. That’s event management 101.

exactly my thinking.

i get that people want to 'save' juicy questions for their own platforms, but chrissakes, ask a few softballs just out of courtesy. "hey, what will you spend your prize money on?" or "hey ladies, who do you think is going to win the men's race?" or something.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply

Prev Next