Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
strangename wrote:
It's not cringe. If I were to believe every video showing something saves you 10 watts, then I should be able to reach 50kph with negative watts.

This. People are quoting the numbers released by Specialized years ago in a YouTube video as if theyā€™re gospel. Or, ā€œcommon knowledgeā€. šŸ˜‚Meanwhile in every avenue other than hairy legs we expect peer-reviewed studies published in reputable journals and confirmed by countless other peer-reviewed studies published in reputable journalsā€¦ and then itā€™s natural for the mainstream scientific view to evolve. But hairy legs? Duh, a watt per hair, obviously!

I'd say we expect NO aero claims to be peer reviewed. If they are on youtube, they are "real".

I had this conversation with Lionel himself who immediately spotted inconsistencies from one venue to another.

"why I am .198 on the road and .230 on the track ?"

"because that .198 is with a massive cross wind while using a disc wheel and getting sailing effect. That .230 is using a CRR that makes absolutely no sense for a velodrome".
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya, that's my worry about some of this aero testing. How much weight can you put into one test. So many variables it's an exercise in confirmation bias, convenience sample bias etc.

Hopefully with all the multiple tests he's doing he getting very positive trends and not contradictions!
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New Vlog every day all week long. Thanks Talbot!

Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
New Vlog every day all week long. Thanks Talbot!

Wasn't he using Wahoo trainers before?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Talbot mentioned in the Protrinews podcast that Lionel was thinking about doing 3 full ironmans and compete in the series but that his "coach" talked him out of it - he has a new coach now?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Nillsvdb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that was a joke and Talbot meant Lionel the coach.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Nillsvdb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nillsvdb wrote:
Talbot mentioned in the Protrinews podcast that Lionel was thinking about doing 3 full ironmans and compete in the series but that his "coach" talked him out of it - he has a new coach now?

There have been a lot of subtle hints about Lionel having a coach, and there have been equal hints about Frodeno, now that he is retired, doing some coaching along with his PTO broadcast team work.

I could very easily see Jan LOVING the challenge of getting Lionel to the top step in Kona.

ProTri news this week also had another hint, when they were talking about the IM Lanzarote coach who started in the AG wave, but caught up to their athlete to pace them to a podium finish. Someone said that it's kind of an isolated incident, because not many coaches can start behind their pro athlete and catch-up to be able to pace during the race. Talbot responded "I think I know one coach who could do that..." and after some brief chuckles the subject quickly changed.

Maybe Talbot can chime-in and quash this, but that made my ears perk-up. Maybe just wishful thinking after being a big fan of Lionel's for 8 years and really hoping he works with someone who he respects enough to absolutely listen to. I can only think of one person who fits that bill.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [christianlee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

We need to keep an eye open in today's video. See if we see a really tall shadow or something like that.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [christianlee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
christianlee wrote:
Nillsvdb wrote:

There have been a lot of subtle hints about Lionel having a coach, and there have been equal hints about Frodeno, now that he is retired, doing some coaching along with his PTO broadcast team work.

I could very easily see Jan LOVING the challenge of getting Lionel to the top step in Kona.

ProTri news this week also had another hint, when they were talking about the IM Lanzarote coach who started in the AG wave, but caught up to their athlete to pace them to a podium finish. Someone said that it's kind of an isolated incident, because not many coaches can start behind their pro athlete and catch-up to be able to pace during the race. Talbot responded "I think I know one coach who could do that..." and after some brief chuckles the subject quickly changed.

Maybe Talbot can chime-in and quash this, but that made my ears perk-up. Maybe just wishful thinking after being a big fan of Lionel's for 8 years and really hoping he works with someone who he respects enough to absolutely listen to. I can only think of one person who fits that bill.
Sorry to disappoint you: it's a joke: this is a reference to 'Coach Sanders' telling 'Athlete Sanders' to get back in his box/ice bath.
And @talbot cox's "I think I know one coach who could do that..." wheeze referred to the same 'coach' Or maybe they were referring to 'Coach Long'.
marcag wrote:
We need to keep an eye open in today's video. See if we see a really tall shadow or something like that.
Or perhaps a shadowy figure who throws no shadow?
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: May 22, 24 6:21
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
Sorry to disappoint you: it's a joke: this is a reference to 'Coach Sanders' telling 'Athlete Sanders' to get back in his box/ice bath.
And @talbot cox's "I think I know one coach who could do that..." wheeze referred to the same 'coach' Or maybe they were referring to 'Coach Long'.

Are you in the know or speculating like the rest of us ?

You say it with such authority, I am sure you are in the know :-)
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dunno, I prefer the fan fiction of Sanders getting coaching on the downlow from Frodeno while making everyone thing he's doing it himself.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thereā€™s one guy in here who we all know works directly with Lionel. Iā€™m gonna trust that guy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
Thereā€™s one guy in here who we all know works directly with Lionel. Iā€™m gonna trust that guy.

Talbot is our man !!

Now, if he can get episode 3 out......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Talbot is our man !!

Talbot ASSURED me it's not Frodeno and told me who it is. Which...makes me think it's Frodeno hahahaha.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Talbot is our man !!

Almost 5 hours late and still waiting!

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just posted 16 min ago!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHm3NNBDBvg

Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hoka, do you really have to let this guy pay for $110 each buy 3 pairs????? Are you stupid??? Just sponsor this guy please. Don't sponsor little fish. Spend money on this guy and that will be totally worth it.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
marcag wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Talbot is our man !!

Talbot ASSURED me it's not Frodeno and told me who it is. Which...makes me think it's Frodeno hahahaha.

In VLOG 3, while Lionel was running with the dude in the Arkansas shirt he said "My coach back in Tucson"...........................

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
dfru wrote:
marcag wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Talbot is our man !!

In VLOG 3, while Lionel was running with the dude in the Arkansas shirt he said "My coach back in Tucson"...........................

Aquabears. There's not a coach in Tucson he's working with besides Justin. 99.9% sure of that.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply

Prev Next