Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [pier87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pier87 wrote:
M2 (presumably Lionel's number as you say) is not there. I doubt they forgot just him.
https://www.instagram.com/p/C6KQ0WePDyY/
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
pier87 wrote:
M2 (presumably Lionel's number as you say) is not there. I doubt they forgot just him.
https://www.instagram.com/p/C6KQ0WePDyY/

Lionel is not on that one either. Pic is the same as facebook.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [pier87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh oh, that’s not great. Talbot?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
Uh oh, that’s not great. Talbot?

did drop a message to protrinews earlier. Seen, not replied. Uncharacteristic. There must be something they can't say yet, I assume.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone said in the StG thread he is injured.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:

Yeah Talbot confirmed he's out. Video coming out soon, he's editing it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pier87 wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:

Must be a long video then
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Nillsvdb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQvL5D98Mc0
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [adgatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What’s the injury.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Nillsvdb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nillsvdb wrote:
pier87 wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:

Must be a long video then

go watch it, out now.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [adgatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Sounds beastly to get a stress reaction from SWIMMING. I've never heard of that - if there are other cases, let us know!
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stress reaction?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:
Stress reaction?

well he has a stress fracture, or something very similar to it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:
What’s the injury.

Apparently he has strained his lat/intercostal muscle, and/or has a stress fracture or stress reaction in 1 or 2 ribs. Lionel did not say said which side is injured and I'm curious if it is on his main breathing side or his other side. In any case, he's restricted to just very light exercise for 2 weeks, gradually get back into biking, then the run, and of course swimming last.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx for the detail. Sad to hear. Was looking forward to his swim at Stg.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:
Thx for the detail. Sad to hear. Was looking forward to his swim at Stg.

Well, on the kind of bright side, now no one can say that he has not been working really hard on his swim. :)

Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gotta say, it's great to see Lionel saying smart things and staying the course for this season. It's early days and the races that matter are way down the road.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would have to say left side based on where they were focusing all their attention and rehab in the video.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [toj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
toj wrote:
I would have to say left side based on where they were focusing all their attention and rehab in the video.

Ah, thanks!!! For some reason, I can never get the video on Lionel's videos, only the audio. Now I wonder which side is his dominant breathing side; I say this b/c I think many swimmers pull harder on their dominant breathing side. So I'm guessing he may breathe mainly on his left side.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any ortho MD's here? Should we be taking Calcium -Tums (or equivalent) & Vitamin D for this osteopenia seen in countless triathletes / chronic exercisers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:
What’s the injury.

Apparently he has strained his lat/intercostal muscle, and/or has a stress fracture or stress reaction in 1 or 2 ribs. Lionel did not say said which side is injured and I'm curious if it is on his main breathing side or his other side. In any case, he's restricted to just very light exercise for 2 weeks, gradually get back into biking, then the run, and of course swimming last.

Honestly cannot understand why you wouldn’t be able to bike or even run with a stress reaction in the ribs but better to be cautious I guess. Crazy to get that injury from swimming, he must have indeed overdone it a bit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I strained an intercostal last year swimming around this same time. Over did it on a swim set. Next morning I couldn’t even get out of bed or bend at the waist.

I was back on the bike in 1.5 weeks on the trainer. Run took almost 3 weeks. I tried around 2 weeks but the second my foot made impact my entire rib cage just felt like someone was squeezing me.

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just pulled up an old swim video and it looks like he breathes to the right and the injury is on his left. I'll have to re-watch the video... not 100% sure if he positively did it through swimming... there was a quick reference to lifting when he was on a massage table and Erin was "scraping" his back/ribs.

Ray
Quote Reply
Re: The Official, All Encompassing, Lionel Sanders Thread [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So how exactly does one get a stress fracture in a rib?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply

Prev Next