Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
BigBoyND wrote:
There's fix kit storage inside the frame below the downtube bottle, no? What would be the point of adding rear storage?

I would have liked this to come stock with some type of BTS in the design. I rode IMAZ with four bottles, no way was I going to stop at every bike aid station!

When you say BTS "in the design" what do you mean? Most of them are a function of saddle since that's where they usually attach. BTS has a greater number of aftermarket options than anything else.

With one of those you can pack your Speed Concept with 4 bottles, a full fix kit, and bunch of gels. Anything more and you'd have a P5x/Andean with excessive space for blankets and who knows what.

If you're stopping at aid stations, take some time to practice with a spouse. It's nice not having to carry around 5+ lbs of water once you can refill without slowing down!

I have an Argon E-119. The BTS mount for the Tailwind Box and bottles is on the seat post, not the saddle. As I mentioned in another comment I ended up drinking 9 Full Bottles of Water and Two Bottles worth of Gatorade on the bike when it came to fluid consumption. With this configuration I haven't practiced enough to do in stride so I stopped away from aid stations or at the top of the beeline...which they really need to put an aid station at!

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [sigmachi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sigmachi wrote:
Random question Mitch,

Say for those have a 400+ day ETA, and say Trek does even a minor update for the 2023 model ex. bolts for a draft box (just anything minor structurally), would those orders be of that slightly updated one?

If any changes were to take place, if the bike on order was not assembled or built, it would most likely see those changes. Small things are typically just a silent update, but if anything large changes, we would be aware of it.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
11 bottles on the bike! Whoa. That is a lot. You stop often to pee?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't pee until Mile 4 of the run, and even then it wasn't much. Then two more times throughout the rest of the marathon but wasn't much. Guessing my sweat rate is pretty high (it was hot out on the bike though think it got up to 85F or higher). But I was still sweating even at the end so no heat stroke and fueled with enough liquids during the run as well.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To echo this comment, I placed a frameset order last week, and my LBS was able to add the computer mount but not the SC-specific aero/front water bottle. I plan to order one when available and will update here when I do.
Last edited by: fatguytri: Nov 23, 21 14:05
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [fatguytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct, the BTA bottle is NOT available for anyone to purchase yet. Trek says Jan, maybe.

Congrats on your order! What is your specs and ETA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you have to order seat post and aero bars separate? mind if I ask how much they were and an estimated delivery date?

Thanks
Rob
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [sigmachi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'3 210 and I ordered XL frame, far toppers, and high base bar. I could have gone with either mid or high base bar, but I live in Colorado and the high base was recommended by my fitter for better climbing.

My estimated shipping time was 11 days. I placed my order the same day Trek announced the new SC.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [velogator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The seat post, base bar, and aero bars were included with the frameset I ordered. No extra cost according to my LBS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh wow! Lucky you. Just in time for Christmas :D Enjoy it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting, my LBS told me that the frame did not come with those - just frame and fork...as did the Trek guy on here...I may need to check with a different shop!

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be surprised if true. I'd love for it to be true because it makes more reasonable to purchase If buyers have their own di2 to switch over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you sure they ordered you the new model? The new one is just the frame and the fork. What you see on the website is what you get.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [iliketri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered the new frameset through Project One and it included the bars.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is how I placed my order as well, and it included all the bits *shrug*
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I apologize if this has already been asked, but does ordering the frameset include the bars? Even my local Trek store was unsure.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
sigmachi wrote:
Random question Mitch,

Say for those have a 400+ day ETA, and say Trek does even a minor update for the 2023 model ex. bolts for a draft box (just anything minor structurally), would those orders be of that slightly updated one?

If any changes were to take place, if the bike on order was not assembled or built, it would most likely see those changes. Small things are typically just a silent update, but if anything large changes, we would be aware of it.

Wait, what . . . is that ETA real? If we order now, we're looking at a very late 2022 or early 2023 delivery date?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do you order just the frameset through Project One? It makes me choose a component group.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah yes I should have clarified... according to my LBS the Project One frameset option isn't available yet on the consumer site so you have to go to a dealer to do it. As of right now it's on the dealer site only.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [YellowJacket16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered mine on day 1 it was available. I originally had an 11 day lead time (SLR9 etap). LBS just told me that it was pushed back to 12/30.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, will check with my LBS
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [YellowJacket16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it sadly appears so. Hopefully the world's supply chain and shipping industry get back on track soon!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least you're still getting it this year!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you have a choice of color? Or is the frameset just the one color?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was given the option to pick any of the "standard" colors in which the full build versions are available for the same price. Not telling which I picked until I get the frame and get it built out :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next