Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Really nice color. Looks sharp.

I see a compartment for a blip box or di2 junction A on the underside of the base bar.
Yep, not that I’m stalking this bike, but Talbot Cox has a photo of it up on IG as well, and you can very clearly see the compartment in that photo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
stevej wrote:
ISO speed
Top tube storage
Downtube aero bottle
Bottle BTA
Flat storage near bb in downtube? (maybe on non drive side)

BTA is a COTS solution. So I wouldn't really consider that a part of the design.

Depends if it’s integrated or not. If there are mounts specifically for a cage/bottle (just like the current version), I would say it’s part of the design.

So the bottle from a photo posted today by Holly doesn't look like any COTS BTA solution I've seen. Doesn't look like a Xlab torpedo or anything. Wonder if Trek is spinning off a Bontrager BTA?

Sky Moench doesn't have the same bottle on hers.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Sep 25, 21 14:41
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
stevej wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
stevej wrote:
ISO speed
Top tube storage
Downtube aero bottle
Bottle BTA
Flat storage near bb in downtube? (maybe on non drive side)

BTA is a COTS solution. So I wouldn't really consider that a part of the design.

Depends if it’s integrated or not. If there are mounts specifically for a cage/bottle (just like the current version), I would say it’s part of the design.

So the bottle from a photo posted today by Holly doesn't look like any COTS BTA solution I've seen. Doesn't look like a Xlab torpedo or anything. Wonder if Trek is spinning off a Bontrager BTA?

Sky Moench doesn't have the same bottle on hers.

Good catch. Holly’s bike looks like it’s a bottle specifically for the sc.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
The top tube bento looks bigger than the current one. Though my hope is that it will be able to fit a flask like the 3d printed one the pro's have used for 140.6. It was one of the few things I didn't like about the current bike.

One thing to note is that the basebar/stem looks to be one piece. So a stem change (assuming it's available) just became even more expensive than it already was. Even more reason to make sure you have your fit dialed in before purchasing.

I've kind of come to the conclusion that I'll be going with superbars going forward and thus can put the elbow contact point about far forward as I want - seems few of these new bikes have the reach us lankier people need, anyways.

I do like the behind the saddle option Canyon produced, especially with the bottle cage in the proper orientation to better hold the bottle vs upside down cages - but is it the most aero? Compared to something like this design rendering with removable cage that also has the cage in the proper orientation?

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Last edited by: milesthedog: Sep 25, 21 16:50
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which superbars? The speedbars look super comfortable and amazing. But they are a pretty steep price to pay.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good shot of Skye Moench new trek bike on the Chattanooga facebook video posted by IM a few hours ago.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=242091607728374&aggr_v_ids[0]=242091607728374&notif_id=1632645234100908&notif_t=watch_follower_video&ref=notif

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Which superbars? The speedbars look super comfortable and amazing. But they are a pretty steep price to pay.

Well, not to get too far off topic, but I haven’t seen any superbars made for riding on the elbows. They all seem to be made for being flat on the forearm and often with the elbow hanging off the rear of the cup area. The new 51ss extension about to be released combined with their new high side cup probably is the best currently for hugging the arm, being more adjustable than D2Z and riding on the elbow.
But if a Speedbar, Uniqocustom, Aerocoach, Wattshop we’re optimized for being on the elbow, that’d be awesome. The prior two being best to mate with the new speed concept dual post base bar, but the latter two for adjustability (though Wattshop currently too short of extensions for us longer folk).

Last edited by: milesthedog: Sep 26, 21 7:03
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mine will meet your needs
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
culpritbicycles wrote:
mine will meet your needs

pics please

Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that we have 3 Tri versions out there (Lawrence, Skye, and Kanute, could be more soon...) I would hope that Trek will start to acknowledge its existence with some time tables.
I think that the front will be much easier to work on/travel with compared to the current SC and eliminating all that garbage brake stuff at the bottom bracket seems to be a great move.
The ISO speed would be a nice addition but looking at the pictures it seems more like the lines around to top tube seat post junction are for integrated flat kit storage mores than for a suspension-ish component.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [KYRxTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The flat kit storage is in the downtube underneath the frame bottle.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
The flat kit storage is in the downtube underneath the frame bottle.

Ohhh dear.
The execution of that on the Domane is shiiite. Unless that is you like something fiddly and love the sound of a rattling bike.
The door having a water bottle in it is dreadful when you put a water bottle on it - it's as though nobody actually tried it on a bike before putting it into production. Or if they did, they were deaf.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's different than the domane.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there going to be a front end hydration system or a internal one?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
normal BTA cage and water bottle design.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
The top tube bento looks bigger than the current one. Though my hope is that it will be able to fit a flask like the 3d printed one the pro's have used for 140.6. It was one of the few things I didn't like about the current bike.

One thing to note is that the basebar/stem looks to be one piece. So a stem change (assuming it's available) just became even more expensive than it already was. Even more reason to make sure you have your fit dialed in before purchasing.

Stem and base bar are 2 separate parts.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
stevej wrote:

Jeroen

Are you sure about that? From the pics I’ve seen, it’s sure looks like one piece.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like Salthouse got her bike and very discrete pic on IG for Linsey Corbin riding one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
TRIPRO wrote:
stevej wrote:

Jeroen

Are you sure about that? From the pics I’ve seen, it’s sure looks like one piece.

Yes, my mistake. I think you are right looking better at the pics.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
its one piece. there is a little storage spot under the base bar to store the blip box or di2 junction box. The pedestals, base bar, and aero extension bracket are all separate pieces.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [KYRxTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Add Rinny and Tim Reed to list now.

It's interesting if you look at Tim Reed's setup on the old vs new. The new bike has a lot of pad y spacers on it and his old bike I think he was running a 40 mm mono spacer. Assuming his fit is relatively the same, the new bike looks to be lower than the old. Let's just hope it's just as long (pad x).

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assuming they were to launch in Kona. I hope they now do at Ironman Cali.

Im looking for new rig and given how long it takes to get a bike between order and arrive at LBS i hope the case for Cali launch. Or Cervelo has a sale.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
earthling wrote:
Good shot of Skye Moench new trek bike on the Chattanooga facebook video posted by IM a few hours ago.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=242091607728374&aggr_v_ids[0]=242091607728374&notif_id=1632645234100908&notif_t=watch_follower_video&ref=notif

Hi newbie here looking to get a Tri bike that does NOT have a Pressfit BB. Does anyone have any info if the upcoming SC is going to be on T47 BB? Any idea when it will eventually be launched?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [kinghenry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As far as I can tell Trek has been phasing out their proprietary pressfit BB system (BB90) for the past 5 years or so and moving all new models to T47. I would fully expect the new speed concept to follow in these footsteps especially given all the highend Madone's are T47. This is as much a marketing decision as anything else. Trek has sorta of backed themselves in a corner in selling the 'benifits' of the T47 such that to go back to a pressfit system and then market the snot out of those will look bizarre.

For all the complaints around press fit systems I think TT bikes are an ideal home for pressfit. Pressfit reduces frame costs in full carbon frames and for most people a TT bike will see very very few BB changes during its lifetime.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [kinghenry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There’s a picture of holly Lawrence’s bike that clearly shows the bb is threaded. I would assume it’s t47.

blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next