Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cyclologic in Scottsdale, AZ. There's no hints that it's actually the bike, but this seems like a good time to unveil it with IMAZ that weekend as well.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
ryans wrote:
Just one anecdotal data point. On my 2019 Speed Concept I run 28mm Continental GP5000 tires. So, they fit on the current model regardless of what Trek says for that one.

What wheels are they mounted on?

I run the same tire on Jet 6+. The tightest clearence point is the SpeedFin.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [mccormas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Event link is live. I confirmed It’s the new SC, like
What else would it be. Lol

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I confirmed that it's the brand new WaveCel triathlon helmet.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [sigmachi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The staff at the local Trek store said to expect an announcement regarding the new Speed Concept in two weeks.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Fredo_Adagio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL it was supposed to happen in Oct. We we will see. The new SC is one of the worst kept secrets.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The part I'm most interested to see are fit and price. Those are the two secrets that seem to remain. Will this be as adjustable as the previous generation? Will we be able to buy an electronic shifting bike with "race" wheels (Aeolus 5 or equivalent) for $7500 or less? I guess another one is that the tri version will have front isospeed, but that isn't obvious from the pictures that have been around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The more important question is how much faster than the current speed concept is it? If it’s not much faster buying the much cheaper current speed concept makes more sense
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grabbing some pics from social media, we can see the width of the headtube and the isospeed without the cover

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Last edited by: milesthedog: Nov 9, 21 19:03
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s a chonky head tube. Totally different than the ultra narrow head tube on the new factor bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if it's a faring (bayonet style) and with the Kanute turning, it makes it look wider?

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Orbea headtube is also super slim now.

Def doesn't look like he's turning, nor is it a bayonet. It's just fat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no front iso speed. only the seat tube iso speed. There will be 2 "versions" labeled at SL and SLR to stick with their versioning of there other road bikes. The bike was only designed with electronic shifting. Not sure if they retro-fitted later for mechanical option.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Nov 10, 21 8:35
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:

Mitch you're a tease!!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
to all: if you see an SC in the wild, you may post that here, that's fair game. but if somebody is posting material that is for an intended future release, that's probably either the breaking of an agreed-to embargo, or it's the result of a hack. those i'm more likely to pull down. i'd ask you refrain from publishing embargoed material. thanks for understanding. i promise you we'll have plenty to say about this bike, if it exists ;-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was about 30 secs into the theoretical video that may or may not exist when it got pulled from YouTube (again, assuming there is such a video)... At 3:44 in length (if such video actually exists), I just wish I had started 3 minutes and 14 seconds earlier.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well there was only 1 or 2 things that was in the video that hasn't been mentioned already in this thread. The new bike is claimed to be faster by a good margin.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea it's claimed to be allot faster. I hope there's a white paper, as extraordinary claims require more supporting information.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cajer wrote:
Yea it's claimed to be allot faster. I hope there's a white paper, as extraordinary claims require more supporting information.

i think you're right. both the new QR V-PR as well as - theoretically - any bike that might come from trek, should have supporting documentation, and you should be able to ask any questions that you want about protocols, etc. you should ask them here, that is, on the forum in whatever is the appropriate thread, and we will endeavor to make sure they're fully answered to any reasonable satisfaction. my instinct tells me november is going to be a great month for bike news in general.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope there's a sensibly priced one.
And some availability before I'm 127 years old.

Otherwise I won't be buying even if it has the ability to transport me to the finish of the bike leg before I even started it.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
I was about 30 secs into the theoretical video that may or may not exist when it got pulled from YouTube (again, assuming there is such a video)... At 3:44 in length (if such video actually exists), I just wish I had started 3 minutes and 14 seconds earlier.

Watched the whole thing, I just figured it was published. In this day and age a social manager not scheduling something correctly is a huge offense!

16 Watts Faster, would like to see the data that backs it up. Bento Box has an insane capacity for gels(if you did gels only you could get like 16 in there). If I were in the market I would have liked to see fuselage based tank for water, but if I'm to believe what Holly stated. The bottle they designed for the bike works within the system, but then why in the world are other athletes not using that bottle that was designed for the bike! LoL.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm most curious if you can go mantis easily with their extension step.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's exactly why I plan on attending the event next week. Forget about the pros, giveaways, food, etc. As a mechanical engineer myself, I'm there for the engineering team. It'll be nice to hear straight from the source.

I've been in the new bike market for a couple of months now and it's been hard to decide when to pull the trigger when there's always another new, amazing bike just on the horizon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When/where is the event? I'd like to attend somehow (even if it's online) as I'm an engineer too.
Quote Reply

Prev Next