Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did any of your SRAM orders get a choice of cassette? My LBS and I only had the 10-28 option?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [iamAERO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Project One is different, you didn't specify. In P1 you have the choice of parts since it is a custom order.

Standard (non-P1) frameset orders come with nothing.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Nov 30, 21 8:26
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes mine is a p1 order. In the system, we only had 1 option for sram cassette.

Maybe I should ask my LBS to call and inquire about different one?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [sigmachi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are other cassette sizes for SRAM - you may want to chat with your LBS to check your order information.

Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Imagine walking into a LBS as a new triathlete, asking to see an entry level trek and the guy saying it'll be 9 grand and a six month wait. SMH

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Extensions [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there any other option than the ergo shaped extensions that are shown on all the bikes? It seemed like Holly and Ben were riding a kind of s-bend bars in St. Georg that still allowed the new bta drinking system.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
I had my hands all over that frame long before he did 😂😂😂

They got 4 frames that were on display for the event as theirs to sell. All gone I believe now.

Correct I bought the last one on Sat morning.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skye Moench just posted a video of Purple People Beater!

That colour is so hot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking at P1 there is no cost to go from the 51s to 75s!! Even on a standard bike.

I wanna see that build B

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
Looking at P1 there is no cost to go from the 51s to 75s!! Even on a standard bike.

I wanna see that build B

Its in the works! Starting sourcing parts this week (not as easy as it use to be)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw a nice DA Di2 12sp for sale $4300 lol

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
Saw a nice DA Di2 12sp for sale $4300 lol

Right!!! Going to mix and match DA and Ultegra. I am trying to find a gearing chart for 12 speed Shimano ass well since just learned it does not go to a 10tooth on rear. Been a while since built a bike.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which one did you get? If it is the First Light paint job from the Olympics, I will be very jealous. I guess not jealous enough to have bought it myself though!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [jtplaysdrums] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jtplaysdrums wrote:
Which one did you get? If it is the First Light paint job from the Olympics, I will be very jealous. I guess not jealous enough to have bought it myself though!

Yep bought that one.

Dealing with some sizing issues on it now: seat post, but will get things worked out hopefully.

Quote Reply
Re: Extensions [schoekler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m curious about this as well. I hope there are other options available at some point or even a plug in that allows any extensions to be used.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mitch:

Do you have a timetable when the public will be able to buy whatever adapter some of the pros are using to run different extensions? Rudy Von Berg's bike is an example. He seems to believe it will be available soon...correct?

Ordered P1 SLR 9 with DA eta 210 days

Thank you!

https://www.strava.com/athletes/773280
http://imroycer81.blogspot.com/
teamemj.com
everymanjack.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [IM_Roycer81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM_Roycer81 wrote:
Mitch:

Do you have a timetable when the public will be able to buy whatever adapter some of the pros are using to run different extensions? Rudy Von Berg's bike is an example. He seems to believe it will be available soon...correct?

Ordered P1 SLR 9 with DA eta 210 days

Thank you!

Negative, it is still TBD and something we're evaluating. If I had to guess (and be a little vague, it would be Spring 2022).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats! That's the best paint job I've ever seen. Enjoy it!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [jtplaysdrums] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mitch:

Is it possible to add the old speedbox (rear/below the seat) on the new Speed Concept? As an age-group Ironman athlete only being able to carry 1 tube/CO2/tool is not enough for races (and training). I currently carry 2 of each, small pump, and a tool in my current SC speed box. IF not, did Trek really have the age-grouper in mind in this new bike?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [mvermill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
U can fit a lot in it. You can also do a bts bottle w a kit not a bottle…

Do you think a $10k bike is really meant for avg age grouper?

If you need a lot of luggage you get an Explorer. If you don’t need any luggage, you get a corvette

Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [mvermill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mvermill wrote:
Mitch:

Is it possible to add the old speedbox (rear/below the seat) on the new Speed Concept? As an age-group Ironman athlete only being able to carry 1 tube/CO2/tool is not enough for races (and training). I currently carry 2 of each, small pump, and a tool in my current SC speed box. IF not, did Trek really have the age-grouper in mind in this new bike?

It’s not possible. There are no bosses on the seat tube. I would suggest storing another tube/co2 underneath the seat, in a second bottle bta, or in the top tube storage.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
If you need a lot of luggage you get an Explorer. If you don’t need any luggage, you get a corvette

logic checks out

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI, got my order number confirmation from Trek last week. Put my order in for the bike the day after release. Called Trek with my order number to get an estimated date and they told me March 2023... They were not able to specify weather it was the frame or components that were the hold up.
Hopefully the time frame shortens up a bit, curious if anyone actually got one in the 11 day time frame that quoted for some builds.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [KYRxTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KYRxTri wrote:
FYI, got my order number confirmation from Trek last week. Put my order in for the bike the day after release. Called Trek with my order number to get an estimated date and they told me March 2023... They were not able to specify weather it was the frame or components that were the hold up.
Hopefully the time frame shortens up a bit, curious if anyone actually got one in the 11 day time frame that quoted for some builds.

2023?!? That's not a typo?

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, not a typo, 2023 is what they told me with a straight face. Said it before, I think that anything beyond 6-9 months is a guess. My guess is that currently their contracts with suppliers guarantee that the products to build up the bikes will be there by date "x" and they allow time for build and shipping.
Not holding my breath but also expecting that the time shortens up significantly.
Quote Reply

Prev Next