Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope I'm wrong but I highly doubt you will see it announced this week/weekend for Cali. Depending on supply chain issues, I think it will be sometime between Nov-Jan when it's announced.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True. My LBS cannot get a 56cm P5. Quote “oversold”.

Another note is the Shimano transition to 12 speed. The plug-in is different. Basically nothing from di2 11 speed transitions over. So thats a supply problem for sure never mind a major customer irritant (ie: me!)

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The TT shifters and brake levers are the same from 11 speed to 12 speed.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its T47.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man, I was hoping with Trek World being this week we'd get a nugget....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this is good to know. I was thinking of buying 12 speed tri and do the switch with my Emonda Di2 11-speed. I ride 95% on my road bike. Of course, would need new di2 shifters for road bike and those are NOT cheap!

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:

Do you mean cannot get now or indefinitely? Just had a shop tell me 3 months for a 56cm p5D frameset (Purple Sunset of course), but that Cervelo had said to "get the order in quick" as (future) supply was drying up

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Last edited by: refthimos: Oct 18, 21 13:10
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [The Red Baron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I had seen the new Trek SC disc at Ironman Mallorca, it is awesome

[url=https://postimg.cc/4YkzrYVy][/url]
Last edited by: enricobraglia: Oct 18, 21 13:55
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nothing to order was available for P5 full bike in a 56 early last week. I do know why. Maybe just the transition between 2021 11-speed to 2022 12-speed IDK. I didn't care as not buying until I learn of the SC availability and pricing. Even then given price of these things probably going used 11 speed mechanical. My only requirement is disc brakes as have race wheels in disc

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:

Another note is the Shimano transition to 12 speed. The plug-in is different. Basically nothing from di2 11 speed transitions over. So thats a supply problem for sure never mind a major customer irritant (ie: me!)

Why does the plug matter? Shimano has an adapter to convert old wires.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes BUT firmware only updates on 11 speed TT brakes/shifters. You can have all the wire adapter you want but otherwise there is not a cheap conversion option on road group from what I can tell.

https://bettershifting.com/...d-di2-compatibility/

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't say there was a cheap conversion option. I just said the plug isn't a problem
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. True. Didnt mean to suggest otherwise.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [enricobraglia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree, looks very sexy... However I am still looking for the upgrades.
Disc can be argued as a pro or con (weight, aerodynamics, ability to maintain and adjust, parts availability)
BTA bottle pretty much the same.
The front end we are yet to see if it's an improvement. At the top end many are now looking at custom front ends and I think a project one option should be an great.
Repair storage... I'm not sure if moving the rear storage that was pretty aero and putting into the down tube making it impossible to run a bottle cage seems silly to me.

I certainly think it looks great but when it comes to being a massive improvement I just don't see it.

enricobraglia wrote:
I had seen the new Trek SC disc at Ironman Mallorca, it is awesome

[url=https://postimg.cc/4YkzrYVy][/url]
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [MikeTri86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a cutout on the aero frame bottle holder/cage that allows you access the flat storage without removing the cage/holder. You just have to take off the bottle itself. If you want to just run a regular bottle/cage, it mounts above the flat storage higher up on the downtube so you can still access the storage.

As far as upgrades, there isn't a massive improvement. The existing SC is a fantastic bike and got a lot of things right when it was introduced many years ago. I do see a few improvements though with the new bike:

- T47 BB
- larger/integrated top tube storage
- ability to run 28mm + tires (debatable if this is an improvement as it's individual)
- integrated bta hydration

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im curious how much if any faster is it. Also the lack of integrated front end hydration is a big down side for me. It’s currently looking like I won’t replace my current speed concept with this unless the drag numbers are crazy good somehow, and it doesn’t seem like they will be as they did nothing new and radical with this bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You will be disappointed Steve. The SLR (non-uci) version has a max tire width of 25 mm (officially). The front has proprietary mount for mounting regular bottle cages to. Also, the aero bar extensions are polygon shaped into the insertion bracket so standard extensions might not work.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [iliketri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That doesn't really disappoint me honestly. Where I live, I don't need anything larger than a 25mm (and I typically run 23 mm even in training) but understand where others may want 28 or 30 mm. I'd be shocked if you couldn't actually fit a 28 mm on the bike (regardless of what Trek says). I'm perfectly fine with a regular bottle bta but it does appear there is a proprietary aero bottle that is integrated into the front end. Will be interesting to see more details of that once it comes out and if there is any benefit vs a regular round bta bottle.

I'm not expecting a big improvement over the existing bike. I don't consider this an "upgrade" for me. Though the new bike appears to clean up my IM nutrition/hydration strategy a bit. At the end of the day, I just need a new bike. My existing SC has little life left in it (and shiny new things are fun).

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just one anecdotal data point. On my 2019 Speed Concept I run 28mm Continental GP5000 tires. So, they fit on the current model regardless of what Trek says for that one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Steve, Can you tell me how the new one has an integrated BTA system where the other one doesn't
To me it looks more or less the same as the rim version

stevej wrote:
There is a cutout on the aero frame bottle holder/cage that allows you access the flat storage without removing the cage/holder. You just have to take off the bottle itself. If you want to just run a regular bottle/cage, it mounts above the flat storage higher up on the downtube so you can still access the storage.

As far as upgrades, there isn't a massive improvement. The existing SC is a fantastic bike and got a lot of things right when it was introduced many years ago. I do see a few improvements though with the new bike:

- T47 BB
- larger/integrated top tube storage
- ability to run 28mm + tires (debatable if this is an improvement as it's individual)
- integrated bta hydration
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [MikeTri86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It isn’t a standard cage that mounts the proprietary aero bottle. The custom cage/holder is built into the front end and integrates neatly with the cockpit/bars. It does look like you have the option to run a standard cage and bottle like a few pros have done.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [ryans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ryans wrote:
Just one anecdotal data point. On my 2019 Speed Concept I run 28mm Continental GP5000 tires. So, they fit on the current model regardless of what Trek says for that one.

What wheels are they mounted on?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Bontrager Aeolus Pro 5 TLR wheels. The rear one will lightly rub on the speed fin when I stand and really hammer the pedals (so almost never) simply because the speed fin is not molded straight so I do not worry about it since it also is only contacting at the very bottom corner of the speed fin and not causing any damage or real friction.

The 28’s are so cushy on the roads around me I even started racing on the 28 in the rear and use a 25 for the front for races.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [agreif] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just received an invite to an event at my fit studio that does a ton of work with Trek. Here's some of the description:

"We are hosting a very special Triathlon event in conjunction with Trek Bicycles with a few very special guests. Join Trek's engineering team, Holly Lawrence, Tim O'Donnell, Rinny, and Ben Kanute at 7.30pm on Thursday, November 18th for a special event.

This will be the very first official public appearance of a new Trek Triathlon product. Trust us… You do not want to miss out!"

Looks like we have just a few weeks left to wait.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [mccormas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What studio/shop is this?

blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next