Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [deantrives] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy geeez Feb 2023. Hope SRAM comes around.

But glad you got the much shorter di2!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [sigmachi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if, like Felt on the IA they end up adding in seat tube bosses for additional storage a year or two into production.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Last edited by: justinhorne: Nov 21, 21 11:37
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [justinhorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's fix kit storage inside the frame below the downtube bottle, no? What would be the point of adding rear storage?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
There's fix kit storage inside the frame below the downtube bottle, no? What would be the point of adding rear storage?

Just to have more space. Wouldn't surprise me if they get feedback that one co2 and one tube isn't enough for full distance. Otherwise you're relegated to your jersey. If I spent $10k I wouldn't want to be packing a co2 in my pocket.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [justinhorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justinhorne wrote:
BigBoyND wrote:

Just to have more space. Wouldn't surprise me if they get feedback that one co2 and one tube isn't enough for full distance. Otherwise you're relegated to your jersey. If I spent $10k I wouldn't want to be packing a co2 in my pocket.

Don't forget, there's space in the top tube area as well. Besides, with tubeless tires becoming the norm, two tubes seems like it might be overkill. But if you're overly concerned, you can do some or all of the following:

-pack a couple Tubolito Ultralights in the same space as one normal tube.

-Pack spare tube(s) and/or CO2 canister(s) in your special needs bag in case you use your one on the front half

-Tape a spare CO2 to the bottom of the saddle shell

-Wait for the inevitable aftermarket "braft dox" from Custom Bike Xcessories

-Stick spare spares in the downtube drink bottle and use other places for hydration (ie BTA and BTS)

-Choose a BTS hydration solution that integrates additional flat storage

-Quit crying like a beyotch and just stick a tightly packed back-up flat kit (like a seal-packed Specialized Road Spool) in your back pocket

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Nov 21, 21 17:08
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
justinhorne wrote:
BigBoyND wrote:

Don't forget, there's space in the top tube area as well. Besides, with tubeless tires becoming the norm, two tubes seems like it might be overkill. But if you're overly concerned, you can do some or all of the following:

-pack a couple Tubolito Ultralights in the same space as one normal tube.

-Pack spare tube(s) and/or CO2 canister(s) in your special needs bag in case you use your one on the front half

-Tape a spare CO2 to the bottom of the saddle shell

-Wait for the inevitable aftermarket "braft dox" from Custom Bike Xcessories

-Stick spare spares in the downtube drink bottle and use other places for hydration (ie BTA and BTS)

-Choose a BTS hydration solution that integrates additional flat storage

-Quit crying like a beyotch and just stick a tightly packed back-up flat kit (like a seal-packed Specialized Road Spool) in your back pocket

LOL! I carried a spare TIRE in my jersey pocket for my 1st IM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [deantrives] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
out of curiosity, what payment terms is trek asking?
percentage down? full payment?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ordered the SLR 7 eTap, size L in the blue color scheme. Was told over 400 days. Had to put 50% down at my LBS.
I have a hard time believing that 400 days is at all accurate. I can completely understand up to 90 days but after that, its just a guess.
At least they are taking orders and you can secure your spot in line.
Looking forward to seeing everyones experience on here who actually got one.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [KYRxTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. Must be a very conservative ETA. I suspect it’s not the frame at all, and primarily the group sets!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update - I did just get an email from Trek saying that my order is in process... Probably just letting me know that my LBS got the order in, but the eternal optimist in me thinks it might get here sooner than later.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [KYRxTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same. I’m hoping since Trek and SRAM are pretty tight partnered in the UCI, they have a bigger procurement power than others. Can only pray now haha.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
culpritbicycles wrote:
out of curiosity, what payment terms is trek asking?
percentage down? full payment?

That’s completely up to the dealer not Trek. My shop didn’t require anything down.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Trek dealer required 50% down (as they have with every order I have ever placed with them), but they did indicate that if I want to cancel the order I can and get my money back.
I'm sure a completely custom P1 may not have the same allowances but with ETA of delivery being an entire product cycle away I think they are being reasonable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SLR9 (Di2) P1 with the RSL75 wheels and the Iris Blue paint scheme ordered day one, right after they opened up ordering. System said 11 days when I ordered. We will see on that. But no racing till March/April and I am keeping my current SC so I'm not worried about it.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mitch i rode my 2018 SC with a medium-far stem and shortest shim under monobar. of course i sold that and didn't take the measurements (yes, i am stupid) but that is a standard fit that maybe you can let me know? not sure...basically asking for help!!

How can i find out how that translates over when looking at the pursuit bar i should get? ie: which one?

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
to circle back on the cost factor of a T47 BB, I was in the Trek store this morning ordering a new SC for the wife. One of the options was a BB upgrade to Ceramic Speed, for an additional $80 so took it. But what that tells me is that the retail for the Trek T47 or whoever makes the BB they use, is around $300 because the CS T47 BB is $379. Thats a big jump in cost over traditional press fit cups.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<< Yeah. Must be a very conservative ETA. I suspect it’s not the frame at all, and primarily the group sets! >>

actually not the group sets per say but individual components within the group sets. I ordered this morning and we went through each component to see if and where we could lesson the time by making changes. The biggest hold up in the new Shimano 12 speed cassettes. Ultegra more than Durace.

Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:

I would have liked this to come stock with some type of BTS in the design. I rode IMAZ with four bottles, no way was I going to stop at every bike aid station!

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, nice thing about the BTA they designed was thatv you can stack another bottle cage on top, so that's three, four with a single behind the saddle bottle, 5 with a double! No stop centuries!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Plumb wrote:
to circle back on the cost factor of a T47 BB, I was in the Trek store this morning ordering a new SC for the wife. One of the options was a BB upgrade to Ceramic Speed, for an additional $80 so took it. But what that tells me is that the retail for the Trek T47 or whoever makes the BB they use, is around $300 because the CS T47 BB is $379. Thats a big jump in cost over traditional press fit cups.

i have a question. on the P1 website i couldn't find the BTA bottle that was designed for this bike. i didn't see it in the configurator, and i couldn't find it when searching bontrager's products. did you find it? could you order it?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [agreif] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agreif wrote:
Yeah, nice thing about the BTA they designed was thatv you can stack another bottle cage on top, so that's three, four with a single behind the saddle bottle, 5 with a double! No stop centuries!

Ha, maybe in some better weather than IMAZ was. In total I drank 9 bottles of water and 2 Gatorade bottles.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:
mitch i rode my 2018 SC with a medium-far stem and shortest shim under monobar. of course i sold that and didn't take the measurements (yes, i am stupid) but that is a standard fit that maybe you can let me know? not sure...basically asking for help!!

How can i find out how that translates over when looking at the pursuit bar i should get? ie: which one?

Best to keep fit Qs in this thread. Comment in there what size frame you rode. If you have any fit measurements, that would be good to know as well if you're trying to narrow down a tower and base bar size too - this would just be for Project One, otherwise you would be looking at a generalized fit (i.e. what frame size you need) which would be with mid level options.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
BigBoyND wrote:

I would have liked this to come stock with some type of BTS in the design. I rode IMAZ with four bottles, no way was I going to stop at every bike aid station!

When you say BTS "in the design" what do you mean? Most of them are a function of saddle since that's where they usually attach. BTS has a greater number of aftermarket options than anything else.

With one of those you can pack your Speed Concept with 4 bottles, a full fix kit, and bunch of gels. Anything more and you'd have a P5x/Andean with excessive space for blankets and who knows what.

If you're stopping at aid stations, take some time to practice with a spouse. It's nice not having to carry around 5+ lbs of water once you can refill without slowing down!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i have a question. on the P1 website i couldn't find the BTA bottle that was designed for this bike. i didn't see it in the configurator, and i couldn't find it when searching bontrager's products. did you find it? could you order it?

I did ask about that and they said it was more a matter of not being on the website yet and that more then likely it would be an "in store" add on so couldn't actually add it to the order. I did order the computer mount, and they were able to add it to the order but again not something that is actually out there yet so wasn't available to order separately or even see it on their store computer.

Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Random question Mitch,

Say for those have a 400+ day ETA, and say Trek does even a minor update for the 2023 model ex. bolts for a draft box (just anything minor structurally), would those orders be of that slightly updated one?
Quote Reply

Prev Next