Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [blackey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has trek mentioned what 00:00:00 means with it being painted on the frame? Other than obvious that the bike is used in races against the clock.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told it is the "start time" of your race.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [sigmachi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sigmachi wrote:
I was told it is the "start time" of your race.

Bingo!

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [UK Gearmuncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UK Gearmuncher wrote:
iliketri wrote:
the frameset is just the frame and fork (and probably the headset bearings). no seatpost, no handlbar/stem, no BB.

…..and that’s fine unless they are proprietary parts…… which they are. Then it just looks like a play to insinuate a lower product cost than it really is. Trek is being intentionally disingenuous here.

That is a sexy looking bike!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [MXGimp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MXGimp wrote:
No more accidental than a regular blip would be. I put it at the side of my thumb so it’s even less likely to get hit.

The basebars are setup for internal wiring. The wire will come out underneath it into the small storage area for either a blip box of di2

Gotcha. I thought it was the outside picture of the right hand bar. Now I see it is the inside section of the left bar! That makes sense.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there any update when the bta aero bottle will be available?

Also, looks like Sam Long is running his own extensions and cups (51speedshop). I know you mentioned a few months ago that the custom part to allow aftermarket extensions wasn’t going to be available to us. Has there been any change to that decision?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [fatguytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Further update:

LBS called and told me the frameset arrived today, so a week before the 1/18 estimate under which I had been working. Will post some pics after I pick it up, as well as all the parts, etc. that were included with the "frameset" order.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still a waiting game on any extensions parts. A bit frustrating.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Is there any update when the bta aero bottle will be available?

Also, looks like Sam Long is running his own extensions and cups (51speedshop). I know you mentioned a few months ago that the custom part to allow aftermarket extensions wasn’t going to be available to us. Has there been any change to that decision?

The BTA bottle is still TBD, but I would estimate its arrival to be sooner rather than later. Last I inquired, we were over a month out.

As for the ability to run aftermarket extensions, it is a possibility - but for now, we'll be testing things out and evaluating.

Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Jan 13, 22 15:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, my new SC frameset arrived and is (mostly) built out. Included w my order were the base bar, extensions, towers, thru axles, and frame water bottle. Still waiting on the brakes to arrive but you don't win races by going slow so not sure how important that is 😂
Last edited by: fatguytri: Jan 15, 22 14:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on being one of the first here on Slowtwitch to actually get one in real life!

Mine is still Feb. Feb 2023 lol.

Would love to hear your experience with the ISO speed!

Enjoy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch, question for you. If you haven't seen any of my previous posts in this thread, I received an XL speed concept frame last week. Bike is built (without brakes, which should arrive in next 2-4 weeks) and I've done about 30 miles of preliminary riding indoors on the trainer to get a feel for the bike.

An issue has cropped up: the Force AXS front derailleur has a hard time shifting from the small ring to the big one, but only when weighted (i.e. it shifts fine in the stand, but as soon as someone's riding it, it fails). This is apparently somewhat common issue that can be fixed by adjusting the limit screw. However, no amount of adjustment by literally the entire service team at my LBS can fix the issue. BTW, I'm running Rotor's AXS-compatible crankset with 50-37 chainrings.

After many hours of work by said trusted LBS, they say that the FD shifts fine when pressure is on the left crank but does not shift well when pressure is on the right crank. It turns out that the Speed Concept seat tube flexes (a) towards the big chainring when pressure is on the left crank, assisting the shift and (b) away from the big chainring when pressure is on the right crank, prohibiting the shift. I've asked the LBS for a video of this phenomenon and will post when I receive it.

Is this something you've seen anywhere else? Would it possibly be solved by adding a spacer to move the FD a bit further from the frame? Any other info or suggestions?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does your front mech have the small wedge support piece installed on the back of it that touches the frame and helps support the shift?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe not, but I don't have the bike here to check (still at shop). Also, I'm no mechanic so if you have a link or photo of this piece, I'd be much obliged.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update:

LBS has tried to address the issue with the wedge both on and off. That's not the problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There should never be a scenario when the wedge is off....just giving you a heads up on that. Frame may be flexing as they are stating, would love to see video of that type of flex.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a link to the video of the flex I got from the shop:

https://drive.google.com/...wcH/view?usp=sharing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its hard to see if the frame itself is flexing or the derailleur.

I just checked 2 Trek Madones I have and there is a little flex of the derailleur, but doesn't look as much as in your vid. I'm more inclined to question the derailleur install vs excessive frame/mech flex.
Last edited by: MXGimp: Jan 19, 22 11:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any spacers on the drive side of the crank that you could move over to the non-drive side? That may give you the 0.5-1mm adjustment you may need to make the flex not matter and make the shift better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Appreciate you checking the Madones. I'll check out your spacer idea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch, we really appreciate all your help with the new bike. Any word on the between the arms bottle? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch,

Just received notification that my Project One frameset is shipping on Feb 9th, really looking forward to getting it and building it up! One question, I see in some photos that there is a computer mount available, is that included with the frameset or is it a separate item?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [jsosinski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsosinski wrote:
Hey Mitch, we really appreciate all your help with the new bike. Any word on the between the arms bottle? Thanks!

Looks like we're projecting it to be ready in April now - at the latest!

Quote Reply

Prev Next