Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [KYRxTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KYRxTri wrote:
FYI, got my order number confirmation from Trek last week. Put my order in for the bike the day after release. Called Trek with my order number to get an estimated date and they told me March 2023... They were not able to specify weather it was the frame or components that were the hold up.
Hopefully the time frame shortens up a bit, curious if anyone actually got one in the 11 day time frame that quoted for some builds.

I put my order in the same day it was released(11/18). SLR9 etap showed 11 days. I received an order number the next day (11/19). The following week, my lbs called and told me it pushed to 12/30. I called trek today and it’s still showing 12/30. Crossing my fingers.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the system juggles and moves dates as inventory gets updated from suppliers. The 12/30 is probably pretty close. The dates that say march 2023 will probably be moved up over time. Everyone i know that has ordered trek bikes in the last yr or so has gotten their bikes about 3-4 months sooner than the initial ETA date that they were given.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [iliketri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update on delivery to the extent anyone finds it helpful or interesting:

-Placed order for a frameset the day the new SC was announced, LBS told me delivery was “11 days”
-Three days later, LBS called and told me estimated delivery was updated to “April 2022”
-Last week, LBS called again and told me estimated delivery was now “January 18, 2022”

I called Trek with my order number and they confirmed the January 18, 2022 date. Will updated again when/if things change.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [MXGimp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MXGimp wrote:
I was at Cyclologic for a fit on 11/26 and picked up this beauty(amplified alchemy paint job)! Highly recommend these guys for a fit, top notch! Now just to wait on the remainder of the parts.

Any updates for us? Looking forward to some pics on the new build! What wheels are you going to pair with it?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [fatguytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the 11 days as well. Then it was 12/30. And as of 2 days ago, it’s now 2/4.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There here.... ;) Medium Frameset, btw

Last edited by: blackey: Dec 24, 21 18:48
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [blackey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What exactly is included with the frameset? Does it come with fork, headset, base bar, seat post? Hard to tell from the website.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [blackey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blackey wrote:
There here.... ;) Medium Frameset, btw

What store and state?

I hope everyone is able to get their bikes earlier than their dates.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [thamanman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the frameset is just the frame and fork (and probably the headset bearings). no seatpost, no handlbar/stem, no BB.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's disappointing. 5k frameset, plus 1k handlebar/basebar, and some weird proprietary seatpost that can only be procured from Trek. Bonkers. Why in the hell they can't bundle the proprietary stuff with the frameset boggles my mind. Seriously considered this frameset, not anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am still waiting on some parts from Trek, like the extensions, a front derailuer hanger and the parts for the seat post to attach a saddle.

But this is where I’m at so far. All the bolts swapped to rainbow Ti where applicable, 155 cranks, custom basebar shifters wired up.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iliketri wrote:
the frameset is just the frame and fork (and probably the headset bearings). no seatpost, no handlbar/stem, no BB.
…..and that’s fine unless they are proprietary parts…… which they are. Then it just looks like a play to insinuate a lower product cost than it really is. Trek is being intentionally disingenuous here.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [UK Gearmuncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trek is protecting their parts and after purchase sales. No business wants customers to buy their product and then immediately go to third parties to buy everything else to service/upgrade their product. They are protecting the aftermarket, plain and simple business decision.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [agreif] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agreif wrote:
Trek is protecting their parts and after purchase sales. No business wants customers to buy their product and then immediately go to third parties to buy everything else to service/upgrade their product. They are protecting the aftermarket, plain and simple business decision.

If you don’t supply the full parts like the post and extensions they need, you’re actually then creating the aftermarket alternatives by driving them to look at alternatives for the parts they don’t actually have yet .
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [UK Gearmuncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UK Gearmuncher wrote:
agreif wrote:

If you don’t supply the full parts like the post and extensions they need, you’re actually then creating the aftermarket alternatives by driving them to look at alternatives for the parts they don’t actually have yet .

Exactly. Say I wanted to build this bike from a frameset. I'd have to go to a local Trek dealer. Then I'd have to ask someone about ordering one. The person I'm dealing with most likely will have zero clue about the speed concept, let alone the frameset. They wouldn't know I needed a shopping cart of extra parts I need just to build the bike. Then I'd have to explain it. Turns into hours of extra work and expense. Just give me a price for the frameset with all the proprietary parts included so I can just go into a shop and ask them to order it. No hassle. But instead, there's no way I'm going through all the hassle of dealing with a bike shop that wont have a clue, and frankly why would they? Local shops here might sell 2-3 high end tri bikes per year. Let alone specifically a Trek Speed Concept frameset. dumb
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [agreif] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old version had frameset with forks, seatpost, brakes, bars etc.

https://www.sigmasports.com/...n-Frameset-2022/G3KS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MXGimp wrote:
I am still waiting on some parts from Trek, like the extensions, a front derailuer hanger and the parts for the seat post to attach a saddle.

But this is where I’m at so far. All the bolts swapped to rainbow Ti where applicable, 155 cranks, custom basebar shifters wired up.
Wow. Nice build. Are the wheels from another build or bought for this new SC?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [cowboy7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the old one did.

also talking with the local store, looking at ETA of June/July for most of the other parts (handlebar/toppers/towers/etc) but who knows
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [thamanman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right, sell 2-3 high end tri bikes a year, and then hope that some 3rd part is going to invest the time and money to develop custom parts for that low volume bike. I don't disagree, giving you everything but the groupset and wheels would be better from a customer perspective, just saying the proprietary route is to dissuade others from developing parts based on payback/investment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my original delivery date was late summer 2022 - it is now mid Feb. 2022..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks awesome! Where did you end up putting the basebar shifters?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [iamAERO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I created some custom blip buttons and put them on the basebar.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nicely done. Is there internal cable routing for blips in the base bar?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very impressive. Took me a second to even see it.
Any chance that it might cause accidental shifting by grabbing that area just to brake?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No more accidental than a regular blip would be. I put it at the side of my thumb so it’s even less likely to get hit.

The basebars are setup for internal wiring. The wire will come out underneath it into the small storage area for either a blip box of di2
Quote Reply

Prev Next