Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [fatguytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha, gotcha!

My LBS said I could do the frame only in Project One, so figured it would be one of the standard colors...narrowed down to 2!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [velogator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was able to pick from any of the Project One paint schemes but there was a price difference over the stock color options for some of them.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is what I figured...fortunately I like one of the standard colors :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have not read all 24 pages of this thread yet.

My order went in last night.

I don't see any other bike in the market that touches this bike honestly. It checks every box that I ever wanted checked; the integration of a double BTA is just the icing on the cake!

I have been mad at trek the past few years for not having this bike done sooner. I even bought a shiv once in a attempt to try something else (that lasted for about 1 week).

So happy this bike is done and available.

I lead time is not the best so hoping I can see how others will set up there bikes ass they come in and they post.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What build did you decide on?

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats! What specs? And what did you do with the Shiv? lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what is your delivery date? just curious.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [jlentzke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jlentzke wrote:
What build did you decide on?

Color: Lithium Gray fading to black olive with logo in dinster black, sram Etap Axs with 48/? (will switch out to 50 when bike comes in), 62 wheels, ceramic bb (80 bucks was no brainer).

Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [sigmachi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sigmachi wrote:
Congrats! What specs? And what did you do with the Shiv? lol

3 rides on the shiv. I hated the way the bike road compared to the SC: sold a few weeks later at that point I decided I would just what wait for the new speed concept. I only bought the shiv because I was so tired of waiting for a new Sc and it looked cool with what seemed like some good tech. I am also just a trek guy at the end of the day.

Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:
what is your delivery date? just curious.

looking at well into 2022: really hope to have this bike to race with next year. I need to adj my fit and was waiting for this new bike to do that. So will plan a trip to ERO / Jim as soon as bike comes in.

Last edited by: Toothengineer: Nov 26, 21 7:06
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [JPDMD25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Framesets come with no cockpit components - those would be sourced on their own due to the variety of size options.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the long wait mainly the group sets?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you sure it doesn't come with aerobars? When ordering a frameset for the dealer project one site, it asks for base bar preference, tower height and tower topper. I asked if they were sure and he said yes, the bars come with the frame set. It's all quite confusing at this point
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was reading over the: tech section on the cranks and bb trying to figure out what I need to order with sram.

DUB and GXP both work it seems but the GXP needs a extra spacer. Did I understand this correct?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think that plays a factor for sure, also possibly some of the bike parts themselves affect the timing. I ordered the frameset which had a delivery of 130 days I believe, some of the options I chose (towers for example) shortened or extended the timeframe, the 45mm towers added about 60 days to my delivery over the 30mm towers.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My LBS called me over the weekend and informed me that the estimated delivery for my frameset (in one of the "standard" colors, XL frame, high base, far toppers), for an order that I placed on the day trek announced the new SC, moved from "11 days" to "April". I'll just keep staring longingly at my pile of parts until then. The boxes look fast I guess? Or maybe I'll articulate the parts out on the ground and pretend to pedal while laying on my side in the aero position until "April".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
11 days from day 1 would have been today. I’m really curious if anyone gets a ship notification today/tomorrow.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The spacers from the service document show it as follows, so for GXP you'd only need 1mm spacer:

Last edited by: MXGimp: Nov 29, 21 8:21
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [MXGimp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was at Cyclologic for a fit on 11/26 and picked up this beauty(amplified alchemy paint job)! Highly recommend these guys for a fit, top notch! Now just to wait on the remainder of the parts.

Last edited by: MXGimp: Nov 29, 21 10:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ordered mine (Frame, size L) on Saturday and the eta is late April to early June. I started working with my LBS last Tuesday on putting the order together and at that time they were telling me late February...by Friday it was out to March/April and by Saturday the current eta...crazy, just hope it doesn't stretch beyond the current eta.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MXGimp wrote:
I was at Cyclologic for a fit on 11/26 and picked up this beauty(amplified alchemy paint job)! Highly recommend these guys for a fit, top notch! Now just to wait on the remainder of the parts.

This paint job is fabulous. 8-o
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MXGimp wrote:

So, maybe this confirms the debate on what comes with the frameset?

Nice bike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Consider yourself lucky! Mine is Feb...Feb 2023 lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WOW. That is magnificent. You might just be the first non-pro here to actually have one in your hands! Congrats!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had my hands all over that frame long before he did 😂😂😂

They got 4 frames that were on display for the event as theirs to sell. All gone I believe now.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply

Prev Next