Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch,
Thanks for all the insight here on the Forum. I put my order in this morning with the LBS. Once they got the order in they are being told over a year our (450-500 days). Is this accurate? IS there a possibility the timeline would shrink? Not holding you to any promises just curious.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
I was at the Cyclologic event last night.

First off the bikes are beautiful in person. Trek still has the best in paint design. They are obviously well thought out.

The RSL75 was amazing. Optimized for 26-28mm. I couldn’t believe how wide it felt.

People were talking about IsoSpeed. The comments from the pros were that us was instantly noticeable from riding gen2. That it was really amazing. They did have 2 local guys ride the bike to get some real world testing. I was talking to one of them before the event and he said the day he test rode it, he sold his other TT bike. He took it out on the Beeline and could hardly feel the normal bumps. 2nd guy said the same thing. He rode it, called a guy who wanted to buy his TT already, and sold it.

They had a Di2 ultegra 12sp build on display. Wow that is a nice group set. The FD is almost gone it’s so small. They hydro brake levers are as well.

The one thing I did ask is about swapping rotor size. 160 is standard but you can go 140.

Last thing…. Ben and TO are both jealous of Holly’s Crome blue bike. Lol

That is cool to hear about the ISOspeed reaction. I'd like to test ride one, but then worry how I'd pay for the stupid bike! Haha. I will say, to those of us that want it but can't afford it...I'm tempted to get a part time job on Saturdays and ask how long I'd have to work to get the bike, and quit. I'd be upfront that would be my intent. But, then I lose my family time and training time.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You mean a part time job at a bike shop that sells trek… lol

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [KYRxTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow, what build did you order??
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [sigmachi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The standard SLR 7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if the UK has a different inventory as I know some people who ordered that today and are expecting Jan / Feb?? weird
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maybe they didn't understand Jan/Feb 2023?

for me, i ordered one this morning and the LBS list system noted 230 days, but after it was processed by Trek it came back Jan/Feb 2023. LBS called TREK and they said the system is not able to keep up to orders..

personally, i'm not tickled pink about Feb 2023 - but it also means i get one more season on my 2014 SC!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
You mean a part time job at a bike shop that sells trek… lol

Yes,
Exactly that!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [agbtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agbtri wrote:
Hey Mitch,

My closest shop is working on my order for me, but I haven’t been asked about pursuit bar or pedestal configurations. Is that something I should call and clarify?

Thanks!

If they are ordering a Project One, absolutely, have a conversation with them regarding your fit to choose the correct base bar and tower configurations. We supply other shims and spacers to dial it in once it gets to your fitter!

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bloodyshogun wrote:
Mitch, I don't think I have seen it. Are there built-in options for an upfront garmin mount? I'd imagine tri-bar mounts designed for round bars won't work on the bike.

Also, I haven't been up to date on P1 paint options. Is Vapor Coat no longer available?

We're working with K-Edge on a slick new mounting system for cycling computers - still in progress but should be available soon for aftermarket purchase (but in P1 now)!

And no Vapor Coat, we axed it a few years ago.

Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Nov 19, 21 12:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KYRxTri wrote:
Hey Mitch,
Thanks for all the insight here on the Forum. I put my order in this morning with the LBS. Once they got the order in they are being told over a year our (450-500 days). Is this accurate? IS there a possibility the timeline would shrink? Not holding you to any promises just curious.

I'm seeing this lead time for everything but the SLR 9 Di2 model right now, we filled orders for everything else pretty quickly by the looks of it. There is always the chance this order shifts to a sooner date - my Project One order for a Madone SLR Speed was originally set for June when I placed it in July, now it is coming in February!

Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [pwai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pwai wrote:
I’m still not feeling ready to pay more for a TT bike than for a Ducati.
I bought a scrambler for 10k. I just ordered a madone for 13k LOL.... priorities?

---------------------
Jordan Oroshiba --- Roadie invading Triathlete space for knowledge access
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
was yours SRAM Mitch? (PS wow, even you don't get to bump the line? lol)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You betcha! It is an SLR 7 eTap - though not for me, I ordered it for my partner as she'll be riding it to compete in the Abu Dhabi World Championship in 2022 (if anyone is there, you'll see me out there).

I'm without a road bike for some reason. I would love a new one though!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This may have been answered, and I just see the "woe is me" attitude all over social in the relevant channels for the launch of this bike. What's the timeline for downstreamed cheaper models? Obviously not 2022. I'm also going to assume there's no way to get the "cheaper model" under 5K as SC2 was already a premium model.

Also, excellent launch event last night.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [joroshiba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-bike and motorcycles are both very non-essential purchases, even though people think they are necessary... so it's all about what puts a smile on your face...

joroshiba wrote:
pwai wrote:
I’m still not feeling ready to pay more for a TT bike than for a Ducati.

I bought a scrambler for 10k. I just ordered a madone for 13k LOL.... priorities?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good question. Right now we don't have cheaper models available (I guess, aside from the bare-bones TT model we'll have later). However, we'll evaluate the slope of the tri landscape and maybe far down the road there could be another variant - but I wouldn't hold out for it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
Good question. Right now we don't have cheaper models available (I guess, aside from the bare-bones TT model we'll have later). However, we'll evaluate the slope of the tri landscape and maybe far down the road there could be another variant - but I wouldn't hold out for it.

Not trying to hold out for it, just wanting information. It's a great bike!

Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
I'm tempted to get a part time job on Saturdays and ask how long I'd have to work to get the bike, and quit. I'd be upfront that would be my intent. But, then I lose my family time and training time.

plenty of time to work and save up before a bike is actually available!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No option. Just what I will do when I get mine (eventually)

The one thing if you are racing (Ironman) is get with them to find out what spare wheel is on course. You ride 140 and they’re spares are 160….

Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at treks model lines. There is always an SL model. That being said, biggest mistake trek made was making the 7.5 gen2 so close to the 9 series. It wasn’t worth it. So they killed the 9

I don’t care about 500 vs 800 carbon. I just want the bike.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now that everything is uploaded on the main site, they may not have an SL model. But they do have a cheaper model which is something the Big S did not have. So having an SLR 6 model is enough in my price point if I needed to replace something right away versus say another 10 year bike. (But I'm not a SRAM guy, gimme that Shimano!) I think it's possible you could have a down streamed model set up now when the UCI legal bike comes out since it has no iso-speed. But a lot of money went into the development so I "get" the why.

But I do agree in a general sense that not having a model priced at 6k makes Trek not as accessible.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
Look at treks model lines. There is always an SL model. That being said, biggest mistake trek made was making the 7.5 gen2 so close to the 9 series. It wasn’t worth it. So they killed the 9

I don’t care about 500 vs 800 carbon. I just want the bike.

If they do bring an SL model in they'd do it the way that cervelo did with the P3x - bring the P5x in first for a bit and capture the early adopters. Then, as sales peter out, bring in your 'bargain' option at the lower price point. You wouldn't bring both out together unless you could show a clear gain - an issue most tri bike ranges will have at this point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, what specs did y'all end up ordering and ETA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was late to the party and in for a 7 etap (ETA was Feb 2023) but then the LBS called and said the 7 di2 would be ETA 130 days - considering my Madone and 2014 SC are di2, i ended up at the 7 di2….. now, just hoping for the 130 day ETA…..
Quote Reply

Prev Next